Thread: Blog

vinceproduction is offline Associate Member

Blog

Hey guys is it ok to post a link to my blog? I decided to start a blog of my TRT Journey from diagnosis to where I am now. I'd like to share the link here, but I didn't want to break any rules....
    Thanks,
    Vince

I hope to reach other men affected with Low Testosterone , before they fall into the same bad treatment that most of us have experienced at one time or another during our battle with Low Testosterone .
    Last edited by vinceproduction; 04-02-2012 at 12:38 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    so the link takes you outside this website or is it on this site

Outside this site. I set it up on googles blog.

if you started a thread here how would that differ than your google blog...would it even be a blog or just a thread

Good question Jpkman. I have a couple reasons for starting the actual blog. I really would like to include links to radio shows like Super Human Radio, etc. when there are applicable topics on the show. I also plan on adding video of both workouts, interviews with other TRT guys, doctors, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love this forum and I'm here to stay, but I'd like to produce something more. I'm a videographer by trade, and this is my plan of merging my two passions.

Quote Originally Posted by vinceproduction View Post
    Good question Jpkman. I have a couple reasons for starting the actual blog. I really would like to include links to radio shows like Super Human Radio, etc. when there are applicable topics on the show. I also plan on adding video of both workouts, interviews with other TRT guys, doctors, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love this forum and I'm here to stay, but I'd like to produce something more. I'm a videographer by trade, and this is my plan of merging my two passions.
    sounds good i'll bump for you

Vettester is offline Banned
    VP, stay tuned ... If it stands, I don't think the links to the radio shows and other places will fly.

To my knowledge, having a blog link on another site is somewhat of a unique situation in this particular forum.

Vettester is offline Banned
    VP, any chance you might consider making a blog journal on this site and keep it all inclusive? If not mistaken, you could hyperlink it from a thread, like this one, and get the same input. The concept is excellent, and we definitely want to follow your journey as you progress with your program. Any thoughts?

Well the other reason I put it up on google blog is so I could use Adsense to make a little advertising revenue. Times are really tough especially here in Detroit, so every bit helps! Eventually I was thinking of doing a full website, but for now I want to start off with the blog. What I really wanted to do was just post a link to it here for anyone interested in following along. Any ideas that you think would be important to include?

killergoalie is offline Associate Member
    I'm still waiting for part 2, which was supposed to be posted yesterday. LOL

Lol I know I'm sorry! I will have it up tonight I promise!

Ppl pay u to advertise on a personal blog?

Yep... You can link google Adsense to blogs, websites, etc. I found out after posting my son's practically ruining my living room with flour! 4.5 million hits later we've made about $4000 from Adsense alone!

dont let me forget to look into that!

lol.. I'm telling you it's like having a second job! My wife and I were brainstorming on things we could blog about, and it just sort of made sense to talk about the issues I'm going through with TRT and try to help others. I really want to do some interviews kind of like Carl Lenore does on his radio show, but with video. If he'll agree to do it, I'd love to interview Dr. Crisler the next time i'm at his office, and for people not close, skype interviews would work great too. Guys who've been around for a while and experienced TRT like yourself JPK, Vette, Bass, GD and more, I think would make great interviews and really help a lot of people! Man, the test shots must be working, as I'm finally getting passionate about something again! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by killergoalie View Post
    I'm still waiting for part 2, which was supposed to be posted yesterday. LOL
    Alight Killer, as promised, part 2 is up! lol.. go easy on me I'm new at this! and thanks for checking the blog out.

signing bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    signing bonus?
    LOL.. if I had it I would! Right now I'm scraping every penny I can find just to buy a jug of protein powder! The wife and I are filing for bankruptcy after 2 years of trying to pay off our bills, and being in a hugely upside down home loan. It's going to be nice to actually get out from under this rock!

lol damn shoulda made this thread when u still had the 4,000

j/k...where do i start, just google adsense? or do i need to have a blog first? how many viewers/followers do u need b4 they will actually pay for ads?

pointblank is offline Junior Member
    strong paragraphs in the blog

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank View Post
    strong paragraphs in the blog
    strong as in grammatically ?

lol damn shoulda made this thread when u still had the 4,000

j/k...where do i start, just google adsense? or do i need to have a blog first? how many viewers/followers do u need b4 they will actually pay for ads?
    Seriously! Man that $4000 went fast! We started by signing up for Adsense on our Youtube account, so if you already have a youtube account go into settings and sign up to Adsense there. Otherwise I think you can just go to Google's blogspot and set up a blog, then you can set up an Adsense when starting the blog. You don't need any followers/viewers at all to start making money. As soon as you set up the blog or youtube with adsense, if someone views it, and clicks on the ad, you make money. On Youtube once you have over 100 videos up, they will allow you to apply for a partner account, which there is even more money to be made. We're not there yet, but with the videos i plan on posting to youtube for the blog, hopefully soon! Let me know if you have any issues setting up the account.

Seriously! Man that $4000 went fast! We started by signing up for Adsense on our Youtube account, so if you already have a youtube account go into settings and sign up to Adsense there. Otherwise I think you can just go to Google's blogspot and set up a blog, then you can set up an Adsense when starting the blog. You don't need any followers/viewers at all to start making money. As soon as you set up the blog or youtube with adsense, if someone views it, and clicks on the ad, you make money. On Youtube once you have over 100 videos up, they will allow you to apply for a partner account, which there is even more money to be made. We're not there yet, but with the videos i plan on posting to youtube for the blog, hopefully soon! Let me know if you have any issues setting up the account.
    thanks bro
    yes..i will ask away and am in a similar financial situation as u speak of...i have a lot of time available to put into such an endeavor and $$$ is a reward i could use...
    1st question what did your blog that made you the 4,000 pertain to? your trt journey?

i'm on the adsense site now...verified google account, etc.

how can it be as easy as you and i or anyone just clicking on each other's ads?

thanks bro
    yes..i will ask away and am in a similar financial situation as u speak of...i have a lot of time available to put into such an endeavor and $$$ is a reward i could use...
    1st question what did your blog that made you the 4,000 pertain to? your trt journey?
    Nope, It wasn't anything I did, it was my kids! My kids got into a bag of flour and my wife happened to videotape it... so I put it on Youtube. It went viral, and we got around 4million hits. We had our youtube account linked up to adsense and that's where the $4000 came from. I know it seems hard to believe, but all it takes is people clicking on the ads. It's not a lot of money, but it adds up, and then after you reach $100 they send you a check or put it in your bank account, which ever you choose.

look up family home destroyed by avalanche on youtube and it's the first one that comes up.

i see so 4 million hits is 4,000 dollars...ok...so gotta think of a video

i see so 4 million hits is 4,000 dollars...ok...so gotta think of a video
    yeah, video seems to be the fastest way to get hits. Then once you have something up there, make sure to add all kinds of tag words so more people find your video i a search of a wide variety of things. My wife did a video review of some kids Cars 2 toy around de***ber and that thing made us around $30 last month still!

I just added a post to my blog showing the effects of taking Melanotan 2 for a week. Man this stuff hit me fast! Tomorrow night I plan on putting some video from my workouts, which now that I'm feeling pretty good on TRT, I'm hoping to drop more belly fat and get some strength back. I think if nothing else this blog will help me keep on track workout and nutrition wise to go along with the TRT.

Man this is a powerful story I'm happy for u man...big thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    Man this is a powerful story I'm happy for u man...big thanks for sharing
    Thanks jpk! I'm happy to share. It's great to actually care about something again. I think that's one of the biggest benefits for me of trt. I know the lack of caring/motivation has been the biggest struggle for my wife in dealing with me when not on trt.

I've been lucky to hear a few stories like this since joining this site...
    Pay it forward like your doing bro
    Oh..others will agree take the weights slow and gradual ....easy to get carried away with the new found strength

Bigfoot66 is offline Junior Member
    How do I get to your blog? Is there an URL?

Hey guys is it ok to post a link to my blog? I decided to start a blog of my TRT Journey from diagnosis to where I am now. I'd like to share the link here, but I didn't want to break any rules....
    Thanks,
    Vince

I'm sorry we're not allowed to post links, I didn't realize I was breaking rules by doing that , but if you do a google search for vinnietrt you should be able to find it. Thanks for your interest!

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    I've been lucky to hear a few stories like this since joining this site...
    Pay it forward like your doing bro
    Oh..others will agree take the weights slow and gradual ....easy to get carried away with the new found strength
    It's great when someone gets dialed in and can get back to being themselves again! Love hearing the success stories! Paying it forward is exactly what I'm trying to do. I just finished shooting video of my current workout which is a variation of the 5x5 strength program. My goal is to have that edited and up tonight.

vince
    i'm stuck on the page where its asking me to add a URL address

Thread Information