grumpee is offline Associate Member

taking a break from TRT

I have seen it discussed here before but cant seem to find the old threads pertaining to it. Has any one taking a month or so off from TRT to give their body a rest from the test ? If so how was the out come ? Been on for a few years and thinking of taking a break but afraid to crash or lose muscle

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpee
    I have seen it discussed here before but cant seem to find the old threads pertaining to it. Has any one taking a month or so off from TRT to give their body a rest from the test ? If so how was the out come ? Been on for a few years and thinking of taking a break but afraid to crash or lose muscle
    I've took about 6 months to have a baby... Did a pct and she was pregnant by month 2 and I waited till she was into second trimester and got back on.. It took a few months to hit me, hit me me feeling the fatigue man I was happy when I jumped back on

Oh i got weak quick and gain some fat also, but soon as I jumped back on strength went right where it was before

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ive been off exactly a month today, ran hcg last month and torem/nolva this month. Seems like it get worse each day but ill pull thru it. its not too bad so far. Might stay off 3-4months. I just felt like my body needed a break from all the test ive been putting in it the last 4 yrs.

so if I decide to take 3-4 weeks of should I bother running hcg or a pct ?

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    hcg .

Vettester is offline Banned
    Yea, just run HCG monotherapy.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08
    Yea, just run HCG monotherapy.
    ? What is that?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    ? What is that?
    Just a protocol consisting solely of HCG as the exogenous source. Depends on how the patient responds to HCG, but the dosages will vary to provide the desired serum range. Nobody should have to crash.

Natural selection is offline Junior Member
    aside from children, why else would u wanna come off trt if you are on it cause of low test level? i suffer from low test and life is miserable when im not on a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural selection
    aside from children, why else would u wanna come off trt if you are on it cause of low test level? i suffer from low test and life is miserable when im not on a cycle.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08

Just a protocol consisting solely of HCG as the exogenous source. Depends on how the patient responds to HCG, but the dosages will vary to provide the desired serum range. Nobody should have to crash.
    Oh i see use the hcg few times a week to elevate the test level and so You wouldn't crash?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural selection View Post
    Just feel like my body needs a break. The first 2 years I was on I ran pretty high doses and 1 blast after another. Been on 150 mgs for the last month now down from cruising on 250-300 mgs a week in between blast.

Probably just drop down to 75 mgs to 100 mgs a week for awhile and see if that helps. I been experiencing anxiety and cold sweats. Its been 90 degrees here and when I go in the shade i get cold etc. blood test been fine.

DeniZen is offline Associate Member
    I've been off for about a month, after 200mg for about 30 weeks and was starting to feel like shit. BP creeping up, BW results steadily worsening. Although I continued to make gains in the gym. btw I'm 55 years old. I gotta say I feel great and healthy again. Like others have stated, I just needed break. I will be going back to cycling 3 months On/Off Probably no more TRT

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpee View Post
    Just feel like my body needs a break. The first 2 years I was on I ran pretty high doses and 1 blast after another. Been on 150 mgs for the last month now down from cruising on 250-300 mgs a week in between blast..
    This is a good indication as to why you've felt bad. Was any of your care/TRT under the direction of a medical professional? You'll probably do much better if you stay on a TRT regimen at the appropriate dosing & stay away from blasting until you are dialed in. IMO, I just don’t see how anyone can think that "taking a break" from TRT is somehow a good idea. Seems like bro-science, if it's not being directed by a professional (no offense meant). There are probably other variables present which are causing the problems described rather than just the Test itself...

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    This is a good indication as to why you've felt bad. Was any of your care/TRT under the direction of a medical professional? You'll probably do much better if you stay on a TRT regimen at the appropriate dosing & stay away from blasting until you are dialed in. IMO, I just don’t see how anyone can think that "taking a break" from TRT is somehow a good idea. Seems like bro-science, if it's not being directed by a professional (no offense meant). There are probably other variables present which are causing the problems described rather than just the Test itself...
    No my care was never under the direction of a medical professional.
    I have had issues with doctors prescribing me with it in the past and the ones that where open to it wanted me to do the every 2 week and wanting me to go to them for injections protocol ,so I just took it upon my own and got bloods every few months, Currently looking for a doctor that will give me direction. Im pretty much done with cycling now. Just want to feel normal

Thanks for the info

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This threads begs the same question as every other thread in this forum.....Where are your BW results?

Quote Originally Posted by JD250;6[B
    [/B]008742]This threads begs the same question as every other thread in this forum.....Where are your BW results?
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-my-blood-work

All of your levels are high including estradiol, reduce your dose to 100mgs a week or less and recheck blood work in 6 weeks, what about a small dose of AI? HCG ?

Taking a break will only make you feel good for a short time while your levels are dropping through the normal zone, then what? Just get yourself on a lesser protocol and enjoy feeling good for a change.

got it. I dropped as of today to 100 mgs from 150 mgs. Yes I been taking a few adex since the blood work but been having trouble finding hcg since my source went to all sublingual drops from injections. thanks for the help

Keep us updated and go easy on the AI.

Thread Information