Brickhouse is offline Junior Member

Uro' has just upped dose, in need of some help please, Testo-Gel.

Just got in from seeing my Urologist. He said the blood work figures did not matter even though I am down to 9.2 so that is about 265 in the States. He said all that was important was how I was feeling. He has now taken me from 1 tube of Testo-Gel per day to 2 tubs of Testo-Gel per day and wants to see how I get on with that.

So......I want to be sure here! Where is the best place to apply Testo-Gel and I am sure I read that an over the counter cream can be used to go on top of the Testo-Gel to make sure the skin absorbs almost all of it......Anyone know what the cream is called or anything else to make sure it is being absorbed properly?

Any help will be great.

Thanks in advance.

edmundo22 is offline Associate Member
    It's just moisturizer, think its 2 hours after applying gel, upper arms shoulders is fine as It's the leanest part of your body for better absorbtion, also you can apply to inner thighs and genitals reason being there's plenty of blood flow in this area and provides a very pleasant soothing sensation...if ur applying 2 tubes it would be better to cover both areas daily...use just one finger and spread it out in very then layer and cover as much area you can.
    Last edited by edmundo22; 07-02-2012 at 06:04 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was told shoulders are old school and actually not very effective.
    I used the back of the knees since the skin is thin, no muscle in the way and larger veins for absorption. Also the inner thigh and lats area. I have read and was told to NOT put it directly on the genitals.

Applying the gel to your testicles will result in rapid absorption giving you a high testosterone level followed by a steep decline. Such spikes in testosterone are not advisable and can cause several side effects including impotence and breast enlargement, high E2 and increase DHT that can cause increased hair loss and prostate problems.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-02-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Sorry for the misinformation its what my first doc told me to do... The pleasant soothing sensation is also a falsehood it burns like hell, wondering does the burning indicate its absorbing better?...I would experience it on my thighs but never shoulders.
    Last edited by edmundo22; 07-02-2012 at 06:54 AM.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Just curious Brickhouse or anyone, is it common for someone who uses gel to use an A.I.? Abbott Labs and all the GP's prescribing the gel, do they bother with E2 testing and A.I.s? Pretty certain none Rx HcG

I'd say a lot less common due to the low aromatisation and higher DHT level's of gels.

Unlikely to have elevated E2 levels with gel since it's applied daily your levels are pretty consistent so no big spikes in Test triggering higher E2 levels. Still it's not a bad idea to get them checked after you have been on for a couple of months just to be sure.

Here's another thing on my mind but not related to the thread, if increased DHT leads to hair loss I'm assuming lowering it as the opposite effect?

Is this not a cure / prevention for baldness?

Remember hearing something on the radio about this a while back before I was ever on this forum.

Brickhouse is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies guys.

My E2 levels have risen a small amount since being on the gel so I bet now I have been prescribed double the dose it will raise. I am going to use an AI, well Clomid and Nolvadex to keep E2 to a minimum as my E2 levels are high but I have always had this trouble when I used AAS when I was in my 20's, although back then I was abusing them and taking 1,200mg of Test per week plus 50mg of d.bol ed.

No you dont want to use clomid or/and nolvadex to control E2 while on gel. You want to use an AI such as Adex/liquidex or liquid stane

Thread Information