AustinMike is offline New Member

Test E and belly fat

Hi guys, had a question regarding Test and belly fat. My stats are below and I'm feeling great now that the test is working for me. I do have a couple of questions and one big concern. In my last set of labs, my cholesterol seemed out of whack. The doctor didn't seem overly concerned about it. I've read a lot on these boards about cholesterol and test. I think I've got a good grasp of what I need to do, which is significantly clean up my diet. My next question is in regards to this spare tire I have around my waist. The last time they checked my BMI, I was around 28.5. I've been back in the gym now for a couple of months and while I can see changes in my shoulders, arms and even legs, the belly fat seems to be going nowhere. I started an AI, because my estrogen was high. I had hoped that this would begin to help with the belly fat. So my question is, diet and cardio to get rid of this spare tire? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. I know that muscle is more metabolic than fat. So putting on muscle should have burn the fat, right? It sucks for me, because I carry most of my fat around my midsection.

Thanks in advance for your advice guys!

40y/o
    6'1" tall
    275lbs.
    Goals: To add some muscle, but significantly cut the fat to be able to see the muscle.

capetown is offline Senior Member
    You are correct. Diet and cardio are the most 2 important things for you to worry about right now. Set a BF goal and have the test as a reward waiting at the end. I would advice against a cycle at ur current BF and double that since you are already dealing with estrogen issues. The good thing is most people I see at 28 percent body fat lose it fast once the tweak their food and cardio. Good luck on what you decide to do.

bucknut24 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
    Hi guys, had a question regarding Test and belly fat. My stats are below and I'm feeling great now that the test is working for me. I do have a couple of questions and one big concern. In my last set of labs, my cholesterol seemed out of whack. The doctor didn't seem overly concerned about it. I've read a lot on these boards about cholesterol and test. I think I've got a good grasp of what I need to do, which is significantly clean up my diet. My next question is in regards to this spare tire I have around my waist. The last time they checked my BMI, I was around 28.5. I've been back in the gym now for a couple of months and while I can see changes in my shoulders, arms and even legs, the belly fat seems to be going nowhere. I started an AI, because my estrogen was high. I had hoped that this would begin to help with the belly fat. So my question is, diet and cardio to get rid of this spare tire? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. I know that muscle is more metabolic than fat. So putting on muscle should have burn the fat, right? It sucks for me, because I carry most of my fat around my midsection.

40y/o
    6'1" tall
    275lbs.
    Goals: To add some muscle, but significantly cut the fat to be able to see the muscle.
    My cholesterol levels were not good either. Each time I've had blood work done while on TRT they have improved.

99% of men carry most of their fat in their belly. It's the last to go usually.

go2failure is offline Junior Member

40y/o
    6'1" tall
    275lbs.

Depends on how long you've been on that AI, it could take months to reset your receptors and reduce the estrogen in your tissues. If you had high E2 and had a crap diet you most definitely were NOT going to lose weight. Best diet for you right now would be a low carb diet to reset the system, lower your insulin resistance, reduce inflammation and improve cholesterol. You dont have to stay on it long, probably 4 weeks with the first 2 weeks having you eat no more than 25g of carbs per day. After the 4 weeks gradually add them back to prevent a rebound and allow your system to adapt.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by capetown View Post
    You are correct. Diet and cardio are the most 2 important things for you to worry about right now. Set a BF goal and have the test as a reward waiting at the end. I would advice against a cycle at ur current BF and double that since you are already dealing with estrogen issues. The good thing is most people I see at 28 percent body fat lose it fast once the tweak their food and cardio. Good luck on what you decide to do.
    28 BMI and 28 bf% isnt the same

OP, i would check out the nutrition section on here.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

40y/o
    6'1" tall
    275lbs.
    Mate,
    BMI was never intended to be used when looking at a particular individual. It was a way of looking at populations in general. I am totally against any physician using a BMI to measure any particular individual, although it happens all the time.

My GP one time looked at the BMI chart, then looked at my chart, and then told me i should lose 20 lbs. I'm like wtf? what 20 pounds. show me where you see fat and i'll lose it. I was in kick ass shape, good cardio, low bf%, and he's using a bmi chart to tell me i need to lose weight??

Here's what I suspect....
    Doctors get bonus' just like any other professional. I'm fairly certain Kaiser doctors get rated on how many DRE's they do based as an expression of their eligable male patients. It's one way to rate their performance. And i suspect another is the average BMI of all their patients and then compared to the "optimal" bmi per the chart. another way to get rated. I suspect that the BMI is pushed in the doctors office since it enhances their "wallets".

Thread Information