Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jay adams

Thread: chlorella to help metabolize estrogen

jay adams is offline Associate Member

chlorella to help metabolize estrogen

Thought I might bring this up. My father advised me to take chlorella when I was in my 20's. Its always been one of those sup's I've taken ever since.

Chlorella is derived from algae. And serves a similar purpose as DIM. Now I wouldn't take it in place of DIM but together it seems the two are a powerful combination when it comes to liver health and managing estrogen.

Here a short excerpt about about the benefits of chlorella.

Chlorella is a single cell fresh water green microalgae that is loaded with nutrients. It contains more nucleic acids (RNA/DNA) than any other food, which gives it a lot of energy producing potential. It is a great supplement to boost any diet lacking in green vegetables. It's great for children, and it has a wide variety of useful nutritional applications, which include supporting natural detoxification, digestive health, immune function, inflammation reduction, antioxidant function, estrogen balance, cholesterol metabolism, and circulation.
    jomamma007 likes this.

dhickey is offline Junior Member
    Interesting. Never heard of it, but going to do some research.

Other options are calcium d-glucarate and boron. calcium d-glucarate is supposed to help with liver health and E metabolism. I'm not sure boron's role but there are study or two showing increased T and decreased E2.

It's really going to depend on how high you are. If you were at 40, I doubt any of this would bring you down to 20 unless your liver was in dire need of support.

Thread Information