TraceMYD is offline Associate Member

2 shoulder IM injection questions

I was wondering what would be the max mg's of Testosterone you
    can inject safety in the shoulder/delts?

I been using the glutes and want to get in good practice of rotating
    injection sites.

Also, does injecting Testosterone into the shoulders have any healing
    benefits for shoulder injury's or torn rotator cuffs?

Thanks -T

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You should always, always, always rotate injection sites. This is fundamental stuff.

I've pinned as much as 3ccs in each shoulder. That's the most I can tolerate and even that leaves my delts a little tender. Depending on the mg/ml if your gear, 3cc might be too much. You may want to try 1-2cc and see how well you tolerate it.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    You should always, always, always rotate injection sites. This is fundamental stuff.

I've pinned as much as 3ccs in each shoulder. That's the most I can tolerate and even that leaves my delts a little tender. Depending on the mg/ml if your gear, 3cc might be too much. You may want to try 1-2cc and see how well you tolerate it.
    I have been rotating from left to right glute each week.
    I was having my fiancee do the injections but I took it over and
    now I'm getting the hang of it doing it myself.

I take 250mg/week of Test Enathate

Should i split up my shot and hit both delts at the same time?

Or just all in one delt and rotate to the next one the following week?

Quote Originally Posted by TraceMYD View Post
    I have been rotating from left to right glute each week.
    I was having my fiancee do the injections but I took it over and
    now I'm getting the hang of it doing it myself.

I take 250mg/week of Test Enathate

Should i split up my shot and hit both delts at the same time?

Or just all in one delt and rotate to the next one the following week?
    I'd do it all in one delt, but that's just me. You can try breaking it up the first time and see how your delts take it. If a split injection (1/2 in each) is tolerable, you might want to try a full injection the next time.

Regarding your question about healing injuries (i.e rotator cuff). I wish I could give you a clear answer. There are certainly benefits and disadvantages to gear that could facilitate or hinder recovery from a trauma. A lot of gear will increase RBC volume which can be ideal for shuttling nutrients and oxygen to a traumatized region, but this would be more beneficial around 101-4 days post trauma when the wounded area is in need of nutrients for healing. The first 24-7 days (depending on each person), it's best to reduce blood flow to allow the traumatized area to heal. Increased blood flow and fluid retention (which are functions of gear) can impair healing initially.

Anecdotally, I injured (tore) my calf in June 2012. My ortho surgeon told me to expect 3-6 months recovery. Less than 6 weeks out, I am back to lifting 300lbs on my previously torn calf (before the injury, the weight bearing load for me was 750lbs). Was it the gear? Possibly, but I doubt rest alone would have corrected the injury in this little time.

redhawk01 is offline Member
    have you thought of splitting up dose 2x a week? you could do 125 in one, then 3-4 days later the other. start doing quads too. pretty easy and painless.

I'd do it all in one delt, but that's just me. You can try breaking it up the first time and see how your delts take it. If a split injection (1/2 in each) is tolerable, you might want to try a full injection the next time.

Regarding your question about healing injuries (i.e rotator cuff). I wish I could give you a clear answer. There are certainly benefits and disadvantages to gear that could facilitate or hinder recovery from a trauma. A lot of gear will increase RBC volume which can be ideal for shuttling nutrients and oxygen to a traumatized region, but this would be more beneficial around 101-4 days post trauma when the wounded area is in need of nutrients for healing. The first 24-7 days (depending on each person), it's best to reduce blood flow to allow the traumatized area to heal. Increased blood flow and fluid retention (which are functions of gear) can impair healing initially.

Anecdotally, I injured (tore) my calf in June 2012. My ortho surgeon told me to expect 3-6 months recovery. Less than 6 weeks out, I am back to lifting 300lbs on my previously torn calf (before the injury, the weight bearing load for me was 750lbs). Was it the gear? Possibly, but I doubt rest alone would have corrected the injury in this little time.
    Thanks for that in MuscleInk.... yeah my shoulder injury's are over 100days old.. oh well.

Man.. a torn calf must have been brutal.. can't imagine walking around normally with a torn calf.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk01 View Post
    have you thought of splitting up dose 2x a week? you could do 125 in one, then 3-4 days later the other. start doing quads too. pretty easy and painless.
    yes I have thought about splitting my shot up... now that I'm giving myself shots..it seems more doable.

I still havn't worked up to the quads yet.. I think injecting into that area still freaks me out a little.

Thanks for that in MuscleInk.... yeah my shoulder injury's are over 100days old.. oh well.

Man.. a torn calf must have been brutal.. can't imagine walking around normally with a torn calf.
    Worst injury I've had. For the first three weeks I couldn't put any weight on it (not even my own body weight). I was really pissed off about it, especially if I was looking at 3-6 months recovery!!!!! I lost a lot of strength in my legs but as of yesterday I am back up to 740lbs on the leg press so hopefully I am back on course.

redhawk01 is offline Member
    yes I have thought about splitting my shot up... now that I'm giving myself shots..it seems more doable.

I still havn't worked up to the quads yet.. I think injecting into that area still freaks me out a little.
    i hear ya on that. i just started my trt, so i'm only 4 shots in. both delts, now my quads. for me the glutes freak me out.lol

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk01 View Post
    i hear ya on that. i just started my trt, so i'm only 4 shots in. both delts, now my quads. for me the glutes freak me out.lol
    Glutes are painless. I've pinned: glutes, quads, delts, biceps, calves, triceps, and pecs. Glutes, pecs, quads, delts are ok. Biceps, calves, triceps are not good for me - pain is epic. I've considered traps and lats but I've heard they can be a bitch to pin!

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    I rotate quads and glutes. Although I tried the bicep once and it was ok. Does it really matter at all which muscle I pin? It was just really weird to pin my bicep. I feel like it would be a good idea to have a bit more sites as I am injecting twice a week. I'm scared If I do shoulders it will really hurt and I will have a bad lifting day from it. I think I finally have quads and glutes down really well, scared to try something new again.

Worst injury I've had. For the first three weeks I couldn't put any weight on it (not even my own body weight). I was really pissed off about it, especially if I was looking at 3-6 months recovery!!!!! I lost a lot of strength in my legs but as of yesterday I am back up to 740lbs on the leg press so hopefully I am back on course.
    You did that with calf raises?

As a general rule, you should rotate through injection sites once every 7 days. In other words, you shouldn't pin the same location more than once within 7 days. This will minimize the amount of scare tissue and give your body appropriate time to absorb the oil based materials before introducing another bolus into the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by TraceMYD

You did that with calf raises?
    740 was leg press. My prior standing calf raises were 750lbs with multiple sets and reps. My 1RM for calves is about 900lbs but that puts a stain on my back so I stick to a more comfortable range and weight.

Thread Information