Complete novice is offline Associate Member

12 months on still no treatment

Hello all, I've been in and out of endo offices for the last 12 months, just been to the most recent endo! Who is meant to be the best in my area!

I saw him 4 months ago, had a blood test and he told me to have a sleep study!! I had one which showed sleep apnea, so I had my tonsils removed! Which has cured my sleep apnea!!

I still have all the low test symptoms although the last blood test I had (before my tonsillectomy) came back within normal range!

In the last 12 months, I have put on 3stone of fat, had a skin condition I've never had before, lost all sex drive, collapsed several times, considered suicide several times, my business has gone under and I've just split with my girlfriend!

Yet this doesn't warrant any treatment according to my endo! His advice was have a blood test and see him again in 4 months!!

This is an absolute joke.. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I'm UK based, by the way!! Cheers

Torqued is offline Junior Member
    What are the results from your latest bloodwork?

Complete novice is offline Associate Member
    Hi

My last results, before my tonsillectomy and the only bloods I've had done under this endo were:

FSH 5.3 IU/l
    LH 1.6 IU/l
    TSH 0.90 mu/l
    Cortisol 244 NMOL/L
    Free t4 17.1 pmol/l
    Oestradiol <50 pmol/l
    SHBG 31 NMOL/L
    Testosterone 9.2 nmol/l
    Total CHOL/HDL ration 5.82
    IFCC 33 MMOL/MOL

That is all the information I was given, I don't know the ranges! I will try and google them

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Are there Wellness companies in the UK that specialize in HRT? That's the route I'm going right now in the U.S. as my primary wouldn't even pull full blood tests.

elde_01 is offline New Member
    Seems similar to my ranges of the test I had.

Test range was 8-32. I got 8 and no help yet doc wants another test.

61er is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Complete novice View Post
    Hello all, I've been in and out of endo offices for the last 12 months, just been to the most recent endo! Who is meant to be the best in my area!

I saw him 4 months ago, had a blood test and he told me to have a sleep study!! I had one which showed sleep apnea, so I had my tonsils removed! Which has cured my sleep apnea!!

I still have all the low test symptoms although the last blood test I had (before my tonsillectomy) came back within normal range!

In the last 12 months, I have put on 3stone of fat, had a skin condition I've never had before, lost all sex drive, collapsed several times, considered suicide several times, my business has gone under and I've just split with my girlfriend!

Yet this doesn't warrant any treatment according to my endo! His advice was have a blood test and see him again in 4 months!!

This is an absolute joke.. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I'm UK based, by the way!! Cheers
    I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. A good endo may be the solution, but that's not the immediate need. I think you need to speak with a mental health professional. I think this is too much to bear by yourself. Perhaps just turn up at a hospital and demand care?

PS, liked your sign-off! Cheers to you, too. (Board, 3 stone is about 42 pounds.)

MICKY H is offline Associate Member
    Try here, they have Clinics in the UK www.centreformenshealth.co.uk a little expensive
    TC

Thread Information