louie2400 is offline Junior Member

Any success stories with HCG monotherapy?

So after a month on clomid and not liking the sides (moody, slightly depressed, no libido) I am most likely going to move to HCG monotherapy (want to keep fertility) pretty soon. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with HCG monotherapy either good or bad? Did it work for you? Are you still on it solely? How much and how often are you injecting?

dhickey is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louie2400;6295***
    So after a month on clomid and not liking the sides (moody, slightly depressed, no libido) I am most likely going to move to HCG monotherapy (want to keep fertility) pretty soon. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with HCG monotherapy either good or bad? Did it work for you? Are you still on it solely? How much and
    ow often are you injecting?
    Do you have labs? Symptoms are probably high E2, witch could be addressed with an AI. If E2 is ok and you still have sides, you could swap the Clomid for nolva. I would try this before moving to HCG. Better to make an educated assessment rather than just swapping medications.

It's hit and miss...and mostly miss...that's why you don't see educated TRT Physicians prescribe it for androgen deficiency.

jasondd1 is offline Member
    Well I have been on test cream and hcg 100iu a day for 3 months and the 2 combined raised my total test from 320 to 409.

Quote Originally Posted by dhickey View Post
    Do you have labs? Symptoms are probably high E2, witch could be addressed with an AI. If E2 is ok and you still have sides, you could swap the Clomid for nolva. I would try this before moving to HCG. Better to make an educated assessment rather than just swapping medications.
    I am getting labs done on Friday. Yeah I'm thinking Estradiol is high as well, but what can I do to bring it down? Add an AI? Is it common to use an AI with clomid? Maybe adjust dose? It seems like adding an AI for the small raise in T that clomid is producing is almost counterintuitive?

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    It's hit and miss...and mostly miss...that's why you don't see educated TRT Physicians prescribe it for androgen deficiency.
    So you have heard from people that have tried HCG monotherpay with little alleviation of symptoms? It seems like HCG would work better due to its potential to raise T levels much higher than clomid can.

Quote Originally Posted by jasondd1 View Post
    Well I have been on test cream and hcg 100iu a day for 3 months and the 2 combined raised my total test from 320 to 409.
    I was more looking for experience with people just using HCG alone (no T gel or injections), thanks for chiming in though.

Thread Information