louie2400 is offline Junior Member

Question HCG mixing questions?

So I just picked up my HCG (novarel brand) prescription. It contains 2 vials: 1 vial with 10,000 USP units and 1 vial with 30 ml bacteriostatic water. Now I read the HCG sticky and watched a few videos on how to mix the two, but my prescription didn't come with an empty mixing vial. Is this something I need to get? The box also says intramuscular injections only. SHould I just ignore this? There is no concrete mixing directions with the prescription. In the sticky it says mix 10,000 units HCG with 4 ml of water. Is this 4ml total? I thought It was 10 ml? I am really confused about all of this and am not able to see my Dr. for a couple of weeks to go over this. Any help is much appreciated!

OLDANDWEAK is offline Junior Member
    Just inject 4ml of the bac water into the vial containing the powder and swirl it around good. Then you are good to go. That is how I did mine anyway, except it was 2ml into 5,000iu's.

What the Old one said.

OT but if the Old one is weak he needs to hit the gym

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    From the research I did, it says to use 1ml of bacteriostatic water per 1,000IU. So if 10,000IU powder, you would use 10ml BW. This would give you 1000iu per ML making it easy to inject say 250IU or 500IU as this would be .25 & .5ml on your syringe. Is this not correct?

Dave

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    From the research I did, it says to use 1ml of bacteriostatic water per 1,000IU. So if 10,000IU powder, you would use 10ml BW. This would give you 1000iu per ML making it easy to inject say 250IU or 500IU as this would be .25 & .5ml on your syringe. Is this not correct?
    I believe it is correct, and what I did the first time.

But it is recommended here and elsewhere for 10,000 powder you just add 4ml water, and then you only have to inject .10 because of the hgher concentration. Less to inject means it is easier on you and your system, I think.

Ya, I was going to use half the BW to make injections smaller, but then I read about how a small variance in your injection can make it harder to gauge, thus you may shoot for 250IU and only get like 150IU since the injection amount is so small making the variance much greater. If that makes sense lol.

Now if injecting less BW is better for our bodies, im all ears?

Dave

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    Hey dave,
    I am no expert, so if a vet chimes in take their advice over mine. All I have is common sense, not much experience, and experience is what counts in the HRT world.

Common sense tells me less solution injected, less trauma to the body over the course of your life.

As for less variance with a bigger injection, that doesn't make sense to me. It is just as easy to fill an insulin needle with .10 ml as it is to use .25. You will be bang on either way. Now if you were filling it with 1.33 or something hard to hit, sure filling a higher amount would be easier. Or maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by junk2222yard View Post
    Hey dave,
    I am no expert, so if a vet chimes in take their advice over mine. All I have is common sense, not much experience, and experience is what counts in the HRT world.

Common sense tells me less solution injected, less trauma to the body over the course of your life.

As for less variance with a bigger injection, that doesn't make sense to me. It is just as easy to fill an insulin needle with .10 ml as it is to use .25. You will be bang on either way. Now if you were filling it with 1.33 or something hard to hit, sure filling a higher amount would be easier. Or maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean?
    That's what I meant so what your saying makes since. My HCG is from a compunding pharmancy already constituted, but I have some powder on it's way that I will need to constitute myself. Previously I was using 1CC syringes but have some 1/2CC syringes on their way, so dosing accuracy should not be an issue.

So if my math is correct, I can mix 2.5ml BW with the 5,000iu HCG and .2ml on the syringe would give me a dose of 400iu, correct?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Previous to starting hcg , I read tons of things on mixing.
    All I got was confused. I then found gd's sticky on hcg. Reading this made it all make sense. Sure, I could get my vial of powder and mix 1,2,3,3.5.5, etc...ml of bac water. But, why? Do what the sticky states. Keep it simple.

Previous to starting hcg , I read tons of things on mixing.
    All I got was confused. I then found gd's sticky on hcg. Reading this made it all make sense. Sure, I could get my vial of powder and mix 1,2,3,3.5.5, etc...ml of bac water. But, why? Do what the sticky states. Keep it simple.

ctenosaura is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty11 View Post
    previous to starting hcg , i read tons of things on mixing.
    All i got was confused. I then found gd's sticky on hcg. Reading this made it all make sense. Sure, i could get my vial of powder and mix 1,2,3,3.5.5, etc...ml of bac water. But, why? Do what the sticky states. Keep it simple.
    word!

Quote Originally Posted by ctenosaura View Post
    word!

Apparenly, word! X 2
    Sorry for the double post

louie2400 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info guys! I ended up mixing with 5 ml of water. It easily fit in the vial too.

The sticky's are there for a reason; to answer the most common questions asked my members so as to eliminate the redundency of questions.

They are always well thought out and vetted by staff before they are approved as a sticky.

Glade to see they are working for you guys!

Thread Information