harley121 is offline Associate Member

Did my 1st SubQ pin today. Have a question

Hey all,
    Did my 1st subq pin today w/ 50mg test c. w a 29ga 1/2" 1/2 ml syringe. The injection went very well, but I had a h*ll of a time just getting .25ml thru the little needle into the syringe. Im using 1ml vials and I had to pull the plunger back so far to create suction that I had to pull the needle out of the vial, push plunger back to get all the air out of it, re-pin (dulling the needle) 4 times b4 getting it to .25ml. So, any tips on getting the insulin syringes to load w/ out have to do that?

Place the vial in a bowl of hot water and let it sit for a few minutes.

When the ester is more liquefied quickly draw up your dosage and quickly inject before it starts to solidify...you will find it much easier.

bigboy67 is offline Associate Member
    29g may be a little small for SubQ.... I think Crisler used 25-26g in his demo for SubQ Test injections, that would greatly help with injection ease and time

killergoalie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy67 View Post
    29g may be a little small for SubQ.... I think Crisler used 25-26g in his demo for SubQ Test injections, that would greatly help with injection ease and time
    I use 29 gauge 1/2 cc, 1/2" needles all the time for Test-Cyp SubQ without any problems.

In addition to the suggestion of placing the vial in a bowl of hot/warm water...which BTW I've never done, before you insert the needle/syringe into the vial, pull back on the plunger, then after you insert the needle into the vial (preferably into the "air" of the vial), push in the plunger to push the air from inside the syringe into the vial to create somewhat of a vacuum. Then tip the vial upside down, and pull back the plunger past the .50 ml/cc mark and let the testosterone fill the syringe.

I usually let it fill just past the .50 ml/cc mark, then push the excess testosterone back into the vial until it reaches my desired amount of .40ml/cc. This also pushes any air bubbles out. I then inject the testosterone.

Great tips!, Ill try them for Mondays pin

Quote Originally Posted by killergoalie View Post
    I use 29 gauge 1/2 cc, 1/2" needles all the time for Test-Cyp SubQ without any problems.

In addition to the suggestion of placing the vial in a bowl of hot/warm water...which BTW I've never done, before you insert the needle/syringe into the vial, pull back on the plunger, then after you insert the needle into the vial (preferably into the "air" of the vial), push in the plunger to push the air from inside the syringe into the vial to create somewhat of a vacuum. Then tip the vial upside down, and pull back the plunger past the .50 ml/cc mark and let the testosterone fill the syringe.

I usually let it fill just past the .50 ml/cc mark, then push the excess testosterone back into the vial until it reaches my desired amount of .40ml/cc. This also pushes any air bubbles out. I then inject the testosterone.
    Do you push in a full syringe of air into the vial?

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use 29 g. Draws slow and injects slow too. Just push and be patient.

Pre-inject the same volumn of air into the vial as the volumn of Test you are going to draw out. A little extra doesn't hurt, so error on a little extra air.

38onTRT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harley121 View Post
    Yes that is correct.. Reason being is when you draw the liquid out of a vial, it creates a sort of "negative vacuum" as you are removing something from a space, while not replacing it with anything else.. So to remedy this problem, replace the .5ml of liquid with .5ml of air and you are replacing the liquid with something else(air).. Always add air to help.. I know it sounds weird however it works..

To experiment, pull like 5ml out of your vial then take another pin, pull it all the way back and stick it in the vial, it will automatically take the air out of your pin without you doing anything...

First post however have been lurking around for a while as I have just been put on TRT.. Hope to contribute a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    I use 29 g. Draws slow and injects slow too. Just push and be patient.

Pre-inject the same volumn of air into the vial as the volumn of Test you are going to draw out. A little extra doesn't hurt, so error on a little extra air.
    That makes sense. Ill try it

Quote Originally Posted by harley121 View Post
    Yes. I pull back the plunger just past the .50cc mark, stick the needle into the vial, then push in the plunger (air) into the vial.

Warrior1700 is offline Associate Member
    I've been pinning myself with TRT for a couple years now, always IM , I didn't know we could inj SubQ. If that is the case, I may split it up to 2x week instead of 1x weekly. So SubQ is ok for Cyp?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1700 View Post
    I've been pinning myself with TRT for a couple years now, always IM , I didn't know we could inj SubQ. If that is the case, I may split it up to 2x week instead of 1x weekly. So SubQ is ok for Cyp?

Here's a video on injecting Test-Cyp via SubQ from Dr. John Crisler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98LOFQwUGA

Quote Originally Posted by killergoalie View Post
    Here's a video on injecting Test-Cyp via SubQ from Dr. John Crisler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98LOFQwUGA
    I like it. Thx for the link goalie. So I think I am goin to SubQ now 2x week...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1700 View Post
    I like it. Thx for the link goalie. So I think I am goin to SubQ now 2x week...
    No prob, Warrior.

Good luck with going SubQ.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    harley i use 25g 5/8" into love handle (no pinch) = no problem! nutn to it dude! saves the stomach for the hcg as well!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    harley i use 25g 5/8" into love handle (no pinch) = no problem! nutn to it dude! saves the stomach for the hcg as well!
    You know that is a good question, I was thinking about this- I went from 1 IM pin to 4 pins (hcg and subq test) in the stomach here in 1 week. Guess I am going to have to remember where I did what when to try to rotate injection points? Thats alot for me who did no needles till last year.

What about B12, can we still pin that with the Cyp SubQ ?

optionsdude is offline Member
    Can you inject deca subq as well?

So I just ordered 1ml , 25G tuberculin syringes , 5/8 length for cyp inj sub Q. Can we inj B12 sub Q as well? And =1 on the Deca sub Q question also. Thanks.

Thread Information