suprarob is offline Associate Member

Geez have a marble sized lump at injection site

Well today at the gym I found a marble sized lump at my injection area. Has me a little worried as it has a red circle about the size of dime on it. Feels like a wasp stung me there and feels like a cyst inside. Here is the kicker. You may have seen my last post about opening my last vial incorrectly and finally realizing after 2 injections that it may not be sterile. (I know,dumb newbie) Anyhow,in the meantime this week I injected what I had left over from my last dr. So I am not sure what caused it. Here are my guess's-any help appreciated.

1) Non-sterile injection
    2) Older Test different,not from a compound pharm,I injected it subcutaneous (last dr put it in intramuscularly) (New dr has me on subcutaneous inj)
    3) Didn't have my strong glasses on and needle may have had a bit of air
    4) I may have hit the muscle in my ab
    5) I might have got it between skin and fat
    6) Could be normal bruising that some say occurs and be a coincidence

Called my pharm and dr. Pharm said not good. Should go to minor emergency clinic to have it examined. Dr said probably be fine just watch that it doesnt ooze,get a fever or have a red streak leaving it. Damn I'm confused. Things were going so well too.

PSr said next time just fill all your needles then toss bottle. Interesting.

booku is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suprarob View Post
    Well today at the gym I found a marble sized lump at my injection area. Has me a little worried as it has a red circle about the size of dime on it. Feels like a wasp stung me there and feels like a cyst inside. Here is the kicker. You may have seen my last post about opening my last vial incorrectly and finally realizing after 2 injections that it may not be sterile. (I know,dumb newbie) Anyhow,in the meantime this week I injected what I had left over from my last dr. So I am not sure what caused it. Here are my guess's-any help appreciated.

1) Non-sterile injection
    2) Older Test different,not from a compound pharm,I injected it subcutaneous (last dr put it in intramuscularly) (New dr has me on subcutaneous inj)
    3) Didn't have my strong glasses on and needle may have had a bit of air
    4) I may have hit the muscle in my ab
    5) I might have got it between skin and fat
    6) Could be normal bruising that some say occurs and be a coincidence

Called my pharm and dr. Pharm said not good. Should go to minor emergency clinic to have it examined. Dr said probably be fine just watch that it doesnt ooze,get a fever or have a red streak leaving it. Damn I'm confused. Things were going so well too.

PSr said next time just fill all your needles then toss bottle. Interesting.
    well i have been injecting sub-q and there was only one time that i got a knot, but there was no redness or swelling i could just feel it underneath, it resolved in about a week

I agree with Doc. Look for the red streak.

My guess, you just got a bad reaction...the possibility of compromised sterility is there but remote in my opinion.

Hell, I've torn up my hands working on motors so bad it looked like I was tortured and I never had an infection.

Keep an eye on it and don't worry about it to much.

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    I agree with Doc. Look for the red streak.

My guess, you just got a bad reaction...the possibility of compromised sterility is there but remote in my opinion.

Hell, I've torn up my hands working on motors so bad it looked like I was tortured and I never had an infection.

Keep an eye on it and don't worry about it to much.
    I really wish this forum had a "like" button.

Good news in a way. I injected the other side with the stuff from the first doc and it did the same thing. Slowly going away. I am wondering if the concentrations are different? I may be injecting 100mg with the old stuff I'm thinking. Where as the new stuff from the compound pharmacist is 40 mg per shot. But I extracted the same amount from the vial registering .2 on the needle. Hmm

Thread Information