marleyman is offline New Member

Testosterone and stubborn weight loss

Question for anyone who has experienced what I am going through. 13 months ago I started my treatment of hormone treatment at 1 mg per week. Prior to this I was always somewhat lean but could never build any muscle.obvoisuly I know that answer now. Things got better and I was able to add strength and muscle but a couple of knee injuries kept me from doing any cardio. So 6 months of just weight training and the winter blues had cause me to gain 10 pounds. Now that I am better and been discipline on my cardio. it seems like I cannot drop the weight. I never had a problem before and my diet has not changed. Could the test. Be causing this? That is the only thing that has changed.
    Even before I had my injury I had people telling me my face was looking bloated even though my weight was the same.
    My doctor now has me at .90 mg a week and she refuses to test my e2 levels. I did start to take liquidex eod .25 just cause i was getting so aggravated with this.

Thank you in advance for anyone with any feedback or advise.

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    What is your trt protocol? I think you mean ml rather than mg. 1mg is basically nothing as far as test is concerned. What is your test dosed at? 250mg/ml?

asiandudexxx is offline Junior Member
    Did you mean 1 mL? For test cyp that is usually 200 mg.

You need to get bloodwork to say anything with confidence. For instance, if your liquidex dosage isn't optimal, your E2 could still be high. There could be many factors and without labs, we are shooting in the dark.

asiandudexxx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    What is your trt protocol? I think you mean ml rather than mg. 1mg is basically nothing as far as test is concerned. What is your test dosed at? 250mg/ml?
    ^
    beat me to it.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Agree with above. Get blood work done and see where everything is. I was having a hard time losing fat and discovered my E2 was VERY high. I got that taken care of and fat has been falling off with no problem.

Still, the key is eating 500 calories less than your maintenance calories. Track your food/calories and see how you are doing. It might not be water weight, it might just be fat. Keep in mind that it is a LOT easer to not eat 500 calories than to burn 500 calories. I am not downplaying cardio, just saying that your food matters more.

Sorry guys it is .45ml.So i believe that is .90 mg. My script is not with me. As far as protocol that is it. She says that is all that is needed. I know that is not much test. but that is the only thing that i can think of.

Thank you for your quick reply. I think I will get new blood work. It sucks that I will have to pay for because my doc. does not believe that e2 levels matter. That is the only thing i can think of.

Thanks again

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Regardless of your E2, you will probably need to redouble your efforts to cut some calories. I have been cutting for a while now...so trust me, I know it sucks.

Johnny vegas then do you think that the test plays a factor in this? Or is this just in my head?

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post

Still, the key is eating 500 calories less than your maintenance calories. Track your food/calories and see how you are doing. It might not be water weight, it might just be fat. Keep in mind that it is a LOT easer to not eat 500 calories than to burn 500 calories. I am not downplaying cardio, just saying that your food matters more.
    Bingo!! Great advice. I am nowhere near lean, but prior to trt, I was hypothyroid, high estrogen, and T level at 200. I did this and saw results. Not much cardio for me. Just an efficient workout and weighted ab exercises. And from what I've read and experienced, a few months into treatment and bf really does drop down. But as Johnny stated, diet is king.

Thread Information