PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

A good amount of bleeding after injecting. Did I knick a vein?

When I injected this morning in my right glute I pulled the needle out and had a good amount of blood pouring out. I've never seen this before but wasn't sure if I simply knicked a vein or if it is just something that happens sometimes? I saw a video on injecting a while back and they were talking about the 5th or 6th time produces a good amount of blood but it was a SubQ video. There was also a raised bump at the injection site which I massaged down. I'm not concerned about it but just wanted to know what might be going on as I'm new to this.

Thanks

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    over the years, tthis has happened to me many times. I just put my finger over the injection site, and vigorously massage thereby closing up the hole.

nothing to worry about, and is fairly normal.

LT75 is offline Associate Member
    You will be fine. Wait till you hit your first nerve and your glute starts to twitch.

Vettester is offline Banned
    I only had one real bleeder when I was doing IM on a regular basis. Make sure you aspirate prior to pinning if you don't already.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    out of about 350 injections all glute...had about 10 bleeders 2 bruises

aspirated every single time

My Dr. told me not to aspirate because I'm not using a very long needle. Years ago when I did a cycle I always aspirated but since being on HRT I haven't. When I did my cycle I was using a longer needle as well.

Allaaro is offline Associate Member
    Aspirating is just a personal choice, as I have not known 1 person who got more then a cough from not aspirating and even doing it doesn't make it 100% safe. Some sites I don't see the problem but pinning the glutes is already a pain...and the delts. So I'd just pin and keep needle movement little as possible. But personal choice.....most guys not on forums don't even know what it means lol.

Bleeders/bruises happen from time to time. More you pin better you get at it. Sometimes even if perfect inject still be a bleeder, just don't freak out and all good. Vinegar and water mix is best to clean up if you made a mess.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Aspirating is just a personal choice, as I have not known 1 person who got more then a cough from not aspirating and even doing it doesn't make it 100% safe. Some sites I don't see the problem but pinning the glutes is already a pain...and the delts. So I'd just pin and keep needle movement little as possible. But personal choice.....most guys not on forums don't even know what it means lol.

Bleeders/bruises happen from time to time. More you pin better you get at it. Sometimes even if perfect inject still be a bleeder, just don't freak out and all good. Vinegar and water mix is best to clean up if you made a mess.
    That is terrible advice, always aspirate worth the 3 seconds it takes.

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    That is terrible advice, always aspirate worth the 3 seconds it takes.
    ^ this.

Why not it takes no extra time out of your day. Better safe then sorry

Can you name anyone that has actually hurt themselves that didn't aspirate ? The majority of people don't and have never had problems. Even most doc's don't since it's more important to administer the medication, especially if they are not being cooperative.

LT75 is offline Associate Member
    There has been a couple people that have hurt themselves on here. Violent coughing attacks and everything. It happens, so why not try to avoid it?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    when my doc showed me how to self inject, aspiration never came up. he never did it, and i don't either. Maybe I should. but i don't. never had an issue.

yeah, i get bleeders a couple times a month, and never hit a nerve.

I guess I'm saying if you feel it to be important, then do it.

I don't see the need myself.

my .02

Violent coughing attacks and everything isn't the end of the world as some make it out to be.....it's over in a few minutes and you aren't going to die as many make it out like you will. I'm not a vet myself on pinning, but I've yet to even get a coughing attack in 200 or so pins. I'm looking for actual people with experiencing bad results of hitting a vein. I've yet to see a post from someone themselves saying it was horrible and will always aspirate from now on.

My doc just told me to inject IM, never said anything about aspirating and he has many clients doing the same....I think this doc is top notch for TRT so I don't think it's that important.

Lots of information out there....like I said before, rather not move the needle anymore then need to and aspirating some sites is a huge pain with one hand. But to say it's horrible advice not to aspirate is a bit of a jump. It's a personal choice and I guarantee you more people do not aspirate than do.

Quote Originally Posted by Allaaro View Post

That's your choice if you want to not know if your pin is sitting right in the middle of a vein. As noted above, it takes just a few seconds.

EVERYONE, take a few seconds and aspirate ! It's well worth the few seconds it will take. If you see blood coming up in your syringe, you will be glad you didn't decide to take a short cut.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When we look at what medical professionals do we need to consider the different reasons for what they do.

In a doctor client atmosphere the major problems, by far, in succesful intramuscular injections is patient complience and technician safety. Often a patient will tense their muscle or start squiming (either can result in an uncessful injection or worse a needle stick injury to the tech) the longer you spend performing the ritual the greater the chances for problems so for this reason they stab the muscle to the hilt and immediatly start ramming the plunger home. This second part is another problem most injections are small volume injections and the need to slowly inject is not much of an issue...most techs are finally getting the message that with an oil based injection one needs to spend a little time pushing the plunger home. But needless to say taking the time to aspirate with a patient who may be starting to tense and squirm (squirming will negate the benefit of aspiration anyhow) is not worth it. In addition most of the IM shots are done glute, shoulder and lastly thigh..all of these are low risk areas for major veins particularly the first two.

However when we are dealing with self injection we (hopefully ;-) are no longer having problems with patient compliance so taking the time to insert the needle carefully and aspirate are generally felt to be worthwhile despite the safety of the delts, glutes and thighs.

As a final note, after doing at least 700 injections without a problem, I had gotten complacent about aspirating myself. Well about a month ago I was running a Mast/Tren /Test cycle and since it was glute day loaded up a 3.5 ml shot with about 2mls of TrenA. I inserted the pin into the glute as usual needle fully inserted and was just getting ready to push the plunger when I thought I saw a little red at the junction of the barrel/needle, well low and behold I started to aspirate and was met with a gyser of blood into the syringe showing I was well lodged in a healthy vein....I can only imagine the hell I would have gone through if I had started pushing 2mls of TrenA directly into a major vein.

Been aspirating religiously since.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 02-03-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allaaro View Post
    Violent coughing attacks and everything isn't the end of the world as some make it out to be.....it's over in a few minutes and you aren't going to die as many make it out like you will. I'm not a vet myself on pinning, but I've yet to even get a coughing attack in 200 or so pins. I'm looking for actual people with experiencing bad results of hitting a vein. I've yet to see a post from someone themselves saying it was horrible and will always aspirate from now on.

Yeah, I have! I've seen blood start filling up the syringe. It happens. Maybe it's a 1 in 100, but why risk it?

J DIESEL3 is offline Associate Member
    We spoke here about this about a year ago.Anyway I also was doing glute injections at the time and when I aspirated blood Rushed into the cylinder!!I would never take a shot after seeing that without aspirating.Only takes 2 seconds why not???

Kalani9976 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah i had the same thing this week. Found out wife hasnt been aspirating but i just pressed and massaged like they say

Glad I posted this. I will start aspirating from now on. I did notice years ago when I was on a cycle that when I aspirated I would move the needle around a LOT which made me feel that aspirating might make me more likely to hit a vein. I'm def. not steady injecting yet and do move the needle way more than I want to but just don't have the steady hand I really need. I'm sure this will come with time though.

AnabolicDoc is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    When we look at what medical professionals do we need to consider the different reasons for what they do.

In a doctor client atmosphere the major problems, by far, in succesful intramuscular injections is patient complience and technician safety. Often a patient will tense their muscle or start squiming (either can result in an uncessful injection or worse a needle stick injury to the tech) the longer you spend performing the ritual the greater the chances for problems so for this reason they stab the muscle to the hilt and immediatly start ramming the plunger home. This second part is another problem most injections are small volume injections and the need to slowly inject is not much of an issue...most techs are finally getting the message that with an oil based injection one needs to spend a little time pushing the plunger home. But needless to say taking the time to aspirate with a patient who may be starting to tense and squirm (squirming will negate the benefit of aspiration anyhow) is not worth it. In addition most of the IM shots are done glute, shoulder and lastly thigh..all of these are low risk areas for major veins particularly the first two.

However when we are dealing with self injection we (hopefully ;-) are no longer having problems with patient compliance so taking the time to insert the needle carefully and aspirate are generally felt to be worthwhile despite the safety of the delts, glutes and thighs.

As a final note, after doing at least 700 injections without a problem, I had gotten complacent about aspirating myself. Well about a month ago I was running a Mast/Tren /Test cycle and since it was glute day loaded up a 3.5 ml shot with about 2mls of TrenA. I inserted the pin into the glute as usual needle fully inserted and was just getting ready to push the plunger when I thought I saw a little red at the junction of the barrel/needle, well low and behold I started to aspirate and was met with a gyser of blood into the syringe showing I was well lodged in a healthy vein....I can only imagine the hell I would have gone through if I had started pushing 2mls of TrenA directly into a major vein.

Been aspirating religiously since.
    It sound like you hit an arterial vessel if blood entered the hub or syringe w/o aspiration bc the pressure is higher in the arterial system. Generally going through a vein or having the needle tip inserted into a vein will not fill the hub or syringe wo aspiration.

AnabolicDoc is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    When I injected this morning in my right glute I pulled the needle out and had a good amount of blood pouring out. I've never seen this before but wasn't sure if I simply knicked a vein or if it is just something that happens sometimes? I saw a video on injecting a while back and they were talking about the 5th or 6th time produces a good amount of blood but it was a SubQ video. There was also a raised bump at the injection site which I massaged down. I'm not concerned about it but just wanted to know what might be going on as I'm new to this.

Thanks
    Aspirating prior to injection is considered proper technique. But that doesn't mean one needs to aspirate as they are inserting the needle, only prior to injection. So it's very possible to penetrate an arterial or venous vessel while inserting the needle. The result will be excessive bleeding from a vein and potentially a squirter from an artery. Arterial blood also tends to be brighter than venous blood bc of the higher oxygen levels.

Theoretical complications from injecting an oil-based solution into a vein is a micro pulmonary embolism, but as others have stated you will generally need a very large volume for this to be significant. Injecting into an artery can potentially cause vascular occlusion and result in localized inadequate blood flow (infarct or ischemia). The volume of the injection does not need to be as large for this to occur. These potential complications are definitely not common, but that may be do to the common practice of aspirating prior to injection.

Joseph956 is offline Associate Member
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I had blood come out of the injection site today while after I pulled out the pin from my posterior area.. it was a dark steady flow, but I didn't have a hard time stopping it once I applied a little pressure to it..

I don't know why, but I smelled it after I was done and it smelled a little like the test (oily).. so I was more worried about how much test I actually got,

This week I'm going to injecting Sunday morning and Wednesday afternoon at .50cc, so I'm not super worried but still concerned that some of the test came out with the blood.. thoughts?

MRNJ1992 is offline Member
    No big deal. Have had a small bump myself. Will go away in a few days..Try the thighs.

booku is offline Associate Member
    wait until you are doing a delt injection, and you are pushing the oil in and your delt twitches, shit is freaky as hell

Thread Information