jasondd1 is offline Member

Blood results back from 6 week Clomid 25 mg eod. Confused please help

OK so a brief history. Had 320 total test 5 months ago. That was the only number I had at the time and Doc put me on test cream and HCG for 3 months. Test went to 409 and Estradiol was 8 or so.

Decided to give clomid solo a chance for 6 weeks and test went to 593 free test went from 9.28 to 8.1, IGF-1 went from 151 to 100, Estradiol sensitive went from 8 pg/ml 3-70 to 9(and thought my joints were feeling better, what do i know). LH is 13.6(range1.7-8.6), FSH 16.6(range 1.5-12.4), DHEA-Sulfate 102.3(88.9-427), progesterone .3(range .2-1.4), and prolactin 5.8(range4-15.2)

My thoughts are that my estradiol is ****ed, I have no idea on FSH and LH, DHEA is way too low. I am quitting the clomid because i have had low progesterone in the past and this has lowered it again and killed my sleep(although it took 6 weeks to kick in and hurt my sleep). I am at a loss on what to do, btw my doc will literally prescribe anything i want so no holds bar on any ideas. I dont know if i should try to continue on and try Nolva/DHEA/HCG TRT type protocol or just go a a real TRT regiment.

Full blood work results below. Also my Doc was wanting to put me on compounding gel of 200 mg test, .5 mg estradiol, and 8 mg progesterone before trying the clomid only protocol. She gave me a script for it and said if clomid doesnt work try the compounding gel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled5.jpg 
Views:	1606 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	133053Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	1949 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	133050Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled3.jpg 
Views:	4446 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	133051Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled4.jpg 
Views:	2384 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	133052Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	981 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	133049
    Last edited by jasondd1; 02-06-2013 at 09:50 AM.

bump please

Your personal assessment is pretty much spot on.

You're not as bad as you think but you need to find a Doctor who can prescribe for you correctly or follow your Doc's prescription which I comment on below.

Clearly, E2 is seriously suppressed at 9 pg/ml it needs to come up...just not healthy and you must feel like crap all the time.

SHBG is a tad high, not off the reference range but close. It's one reason why your Free Testosterone value was not great. Add in 10,000 units of D3 and it will help with that.

Your DHEA-S assay is too low; add in 50 mg or micronized DHEA and Pregnenolone each morning to your supplements.

You know why your progesterone is low...

FSH and LH are high because of the clomid...that's why it's used in PCT protocols.

IFG-1 is low as well, not below the ference range but low; my Doc would prescribe HGH for that.

Hematocrit is high, give blood.

So clomid didn't work for you...ok.

Your Doc prescribed: Compounding gel of 200 mg test, .5 mg estradiol, and 8 mg progesterone.

I would give this a try to be honest. It's in line with your BW results and you can see results in as little as two weeks with blood work.

The only thing I'd add is 100 iu of HCG daily for all the reasons noted by Dr. Crisler with men using transdermal applications

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    Your personal assessment is pretty much spot on.

You're not as bad as you think but you need to find a Doctor who can prescribe for you correctly or follow your Doc's prescription which I comment on below.

Clearly, E2 is seriously suppressed at 9 pg/ml it needs to come up...just not healthy and you must feel like crap all the time.

SHBG is a tad high, not off the reference range but close. It's one reason why your Free Testosterone value was not great. Add in 10,000 units of D3 and it will help with that.

Your DHEA-S assay is too low; add in 50 mg or micronized DHEA and Pregnenolone each morning to your supplements.

You know why your progesterone is low...

FSH and LH are high because of the clomid...that's why it's used in PCT protocols.

IFG-1 is low as well, not below the ference range but low; my Doc would prescribe HGH for that.

Hematocrit is high, give blood.

So clomid didn't work for you...ok.

Your Doc prescribed: Compounding gel of 200 mg test, .5 mg estradiol, and 8 mg progesterone.

I would give this a try to be honest. It's in line with your BW results and you can see results in as little as two weeks with blood work.

The only thing I'd add is 100 iu of HCG daily for all the reasons noted by Dr. Crisler with men using transdermal applications
    Thanks a lot I really appreciate the info. I forgot to mention that have been taking 10,000 iu vitamin d3 for the last 7 weeks. I have HCG from previous try of just 65 mg test cream i tried before trying clomid only protocol. I will start the dhea and Pregnenolone tomorrow. Also i am curious how my IGF-1 would go from 151 to 100 in 6 weeks? Could Clomid do anything to IGF-1? Thanks again BTW what is the average cost of HGH with no insurance? Just curious, im sure my doc would prescribe it but not sure i could afford it. If talking about general cost associated with HGH is against board rules please disregard. I know that there are some peptide places but i assume they are all bogus?
    Last edited by jasondd1; 02-06-2013 at 02:35 PM.

HGH is expensive, you'd need to check around but it's not cheap.

IGF-1 can fluctuate like any assay...could have been anything. Would need to see a number of assays over time to draw any conclusions.

Thread Information