jamull2852 is offline Junior Member

Ovidrel HCG prefilled syringe?

I got my doctor to prescribe me HCG and when I picked it up the lady told me the I should be getting 8 of them and they only have 1 at the moment and the other 7 will be in this week. From what Im reading is that I can take a 10ml of bac water and remove .5ml of it and add the Ovidrel into the 9.5ml of bac water and will equal to 10,000iu's of HCG. Does anyone have any info on this or takes this brand in the prefilled syringe? And do I really need 8 of them? Seems like it would all go to waste. Please help me out so I know if I should call and ask for another brand.

Renholder is offline Associate Member
    You need one pre-filled syringe and that will last you for months.

0,5 ml Ovidrel + 9,5 ml bacteriostatic water is how I mix it as well.

I responded better to this than HCG . It's more stable, lasts longer and you can pre-fill syringes that you can carry with you on a short trip stored in room temperature. Store the vial cold though.

No one seems to know exactly the conversion rate between Ovidrel and HCG, so you may need to experiment with dosage, i.e., 250 IU Ovidrel may not equal 250 IU HCG.

Personally, I'm doing 25 units (0,25 ml) EOD, which is 162,5 IE Ovidrel.

Good luck.

Renholder

Quote Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
    You need one pre-filled syringe and that will last you for months.

0,5 ml Ovidrel + 9,5 ml bacteriostatic water is how I mix it as well.

I responded better to this than HCG . It's more stable, lasts longer and you can pre-fill syringes that you can carry with you on a short trip stored in room temperature. Store the vial cold though.

No one seems to know exactly the conversion rate between Ovidrel and HCG, so you may need to experiment with dosage, i.e., 250 IU Ovidrel may not equal 250 IU HCG.

Personally, I'm doing 25 units (0,25 ml) EOD, which is 162,5 IE Ovidrel.

Good luck.

Renholder
    Thanks Renholder that's what I was looking for but have a few questions if you don't mind.

1- Where do you get your bac. Water ? Does the pharmacy have it?

2- Do you ever throw any way? Guess I'm asking what's the shelf life of it?

3- If my pharmacy says I have a total of 8 prefilled syringes should I just get all 8 and put in my fridge until I need them? For 8 it cost me right at $50 which I don't think is a bad price. Thought it was more at first but that's it.

4- I have 31 gague, 1ml insulin needle/syringe. What would be 250iu since I'm doing that two times weekly?

Quote Originally Posted by jamull2852 View Post
    Thanks Renholder that's what I was looking for but have a few questions if you don't mind.

1- Where do you get your bac. Water ? Does the pharmacy have it?

2- Do you ever throw any way? Guess I'm asking what's the shelf life of it?

3- If my pharmacy says I have a total of 8 prefilled syringes should I just get all 8 and put in my fridge until I need them? For 8 it cost me right at $50 which I don't think is a bad price. Thought it was more at first but that's it.

4- I have 31 gague, 1ml insulin needle/syringe. What would be 250iu since I'm doing that two times weekly?
    1. I order mine from the UK, since pharmacies in Norway does not stock it. I don't know about the situation in your country, but I bet they have it on the pharmacy. It's important that it's bacteriostatic.

2. I don't. It comes in a sterile vial, so I'm assuming the shelf life is longer than I have to worry about, but I may be mistaken.

3. No reason to get all now, unless it's harder for you to get them later. If you have the space to store them cool, maybe you should just go ahead. 8 syringes is over one year of consumption though, so I'm not sure about the shelf-life even when stored cold. You may also want to see how you respond to this before stocking up, although $50 is rather cheap.

4. You can use even smaller syringes than that. If it's 1 ml, I assume it's a U-100 syringe. With 0,5 + 9,5 ratio, 0.4 ml (40 units) is 260 IE Ovidrel. But like I said, that may not equal 260 IE HCG . You may need to experiment there.

Ok thanks again Renholder.

Is their any difference in bacteriostatic sterile water, and the Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride? And do you just mix in the water vial and just use that or do you have a seperate 10ml vial to transfer everything to?

Quote Originally Posted by jamull2852 View Post
    Ok thanks again Renholder.

Is their any difference in bacteriostatic sterile water, and the Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride? And do you just mix in the water vial and just use that or do you have a seperate 10ml vial to transfer everything to?
    I'm too tired to google now, but I suppose it won't make much of a difference. I suppose the difference is that one contains sodium chloride and the other don't. : ) I use the one with sodium chloride. I believe the important thing is that it contains alcohol.

Personally, I'm drawing 9,5 ml from a 30 ml vial into a sterile vial and then inject 0,5 ml into the mix.

If you have a 10 ml vial, you can simply withdraw 0,5 ml and then inject your Ovidrel.

Both works.

I'm too tired to google now, but I suppose it won't make much of a difference. I suppose the difference is that one contains sodium chloride and the other don't. : ) I use the one with sodium chloride. I believe the important thing is that it contains alcohol.

Personally, I'm drawing 9,5 ml from a 30 ml vial into a sterile vial and then inject 0,5 ml into the mix.

If you have a 10 ml vial, you can simply withdraw 0,5 ml and then inject your Ovidrel.

Both works.
    Only thing I've come up with is that the sodium chloride doesn't last as long as the plain BW so I'm not sure. Ill keep searching for regular BW but seems its hard to find. Also what do you keep in the fridge? The mixed 10ml and also the 30ml BW vial? Thanks you've been alot of help and I think that's all my questions lol

I'm sure it will be okay. With my use, one dose lasts me around 2 months.

I think you can store the bacteriostatic water in room temperature, at least that's what I do and the pharmacies stores it in room temperature as well.

However, when you mix the vial, make sure you put the bacteriostatic water in the fridge for an hour to make sure it's cool when you mix it with the Ovidrel. Then you store the complete solution cold, always.

If you take it out from the fridge, it's said that it lasts for up to 30 days in room temperature. I don't know this 100%, but I'm pretty sure. That means you can pre-load syringes or withdraw what you need in another vial and carry it with you on a trip without worrying about storing it cold.

I'm sure it will be okay. With my use, one dose lasts me around 2 months.

I think you can store the bacteriostatic water in room temperature, at least that's what I do and the pharmacies stores it in room temperature as well.

However, when you mix the vial, make sure you put the bacteriostatic water in the fridge for an hour to make sure it's cool when you mix it with the Ovidrel. Then you store the complete solution cold, always.

If you take it out from the fridge, it's said that it lasts for up to 30 days in room temperature. I don't know this 100%, but I'm pretty sure. That means you can pre-load syringes or withdraw what you need in another vial and carry it with you on a trip without worrying about storing it cold.
    Thanks you've been a big help. Ill start looking online for some BW. Thanks again

Thread Information