GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member

Can HRT (testosterone) lower cholesterol?

I have a question for guys..

After some blood work showed that I had a very low test level, i was recommended by my doctor that i jump on some test. My blood work also showed that I had a slightly elevated cholesterol level of around 220.

I have now been on the recommended dose of test for 2 1/2 months and recently went back to docs office for some new blood work to see if my test levels had gone up to normal levels.

Now for the question..

When the blood work results came back I noticed that not only had my test levels now gone up to 630 but my cholesterol had dropped from 220 to 135. My diet didn't change at all, and the only thing different that had changed from the last 3 blood tests, which showed my cholesterol dropping was that I was now on test Enenthate.

Could the test be responsible at all for lowering my cholesterol???

Thanks for all the help guys. Really appreciate it..
    Last edited by GGot FFina?; 03-08-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Trific is offline Member
    Yes, I've read that before, thanks for more evidence of it.

How much test have you been taking to get to 630?

Quote Originally Posted by Trific View Post
    Yes, I've read that before, thanks for more evidence of it.

How much test have you been taking to get to 630?
    Hey trific, thanks for the quick help.

During the last year or so, I have taken 5 blood tests and tried just about everything, from some aggressive pct's to other techniques I have learned throughout my cycling experience to try to get my natural test back up a bit and try to avoid going on test.

Finally I gave in and first was prescribed the cream (andro gel) about 6 months ago but quickly (about 2-3 weeks into treatment) started developing Gyno and an extremely sore left nipple. I quickly jumped off the cream and took some left over arimadex which quickly resolved the problem. I then decided to just live with my low test problem until I finally had enough about 3 months ago. I told the doctor the cream didn't work for me and he then prescribed Enanthate .

I have been taking Enanthate for 2 1/2 months at 100mg/w (as prescribed). During all this time I continued to place close attention to my high cholesterol level. Last week I went back to doctors office for new blood work and got testosterone results back of around 600.

What really surprised me though is the fact that my cholesterol had dropped from 220 to about 130 (need to ask for copy of test) while not having changed anything at all to my diet.

This is what really surprised me and made me ask this question.

Thanks again for all help guys. Great site!!

wish people would help me

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Total cholesterol is meaningless. We need to know the HDL and LDL numbers (triglycerides/ VLDL would be nice too).

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Total cholesterol is meaningless. We need to know the HDL and LDL numbers (triglycerides/ VLDL would be nice too).
    Well, I'll know more specific details once I get a copy of blood work on my next visit. The doctor mentioned it was my bad cholesterol which was high and had dropped. I don't know if this helps?

Thread Information