Booster is offline New Member

Question about new protocal

Dr. has had me on a protocal since Novemeber that seems a little high compared to what I've read on here or anywhere else. Seems more closely related to a Ronnie Rowland Slingshot protocol. Looking for any input or advice on this or if anyone has heard of anything similar.

Weeks 1-10 200mg cyp 2xwk
    Weeks 11-12 off of cyp
    Then repeat..
    Continuous hcg 500iu 3xwk
    Continuous Arimidex 1mg 3xwk

30 y/o
    Levels were in the low 400

Dr. (general pract.) claims he has no problem putting me on the more "aggressive " protocol because of age, activity level, and job discription.

Thanks

clarkster is offline Junior Member
    GD will be along shortly to review your protocol. In the meantime, could you explain to us what the Ronnie Rowland Slingshot protocol is? And is it geared toward TRT?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    GD will be along shortly to review your protocol. In the meantime, could you explain to us what the Ronnie Rowland Slingshot protocol is? And is it geared toward TRT?
    It's a "sticky" at the top of the Q and A section. As far as related to TRT I guess It could be? I'm new to pretty much all of this so I'd hate to speculate.

jomamma007 is offline Member
    can you clarify your dosages. Are you on a total of 200mg cyp a week split up into two doses, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by jomamma007 View Post
    can you clarify your dosages. Are you on a total of 200mg cyp a week split up into two doses, etc?
    400mg wk in 2-200mg doses

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    Looking for any input or advice on this or if anyone has heard of anything similar.

Weeks 1-10 200mg cyp 2xwk
    Weeks 11-12 off of cyp
    Then repeat..
    Continuous hcg 500iu 3xwk
    Continuous Arimidex 1mg 3xwk
    I am a newbie myself, but just for fun I will comment and see how it compares to the experts.

- 400mg Test per week it way too high, you are guaranteed to be in super-physiological ranges
    - having 2 weeks off for week 11 and 12 goes against the steady and stable philosophy of TRT
    - 3mg of Adex a week is very high; does your bloodwork warrant that? Either way, with a lower Test dose, you would reduce your AI as well
    - overall, this is much more of a cycle than an HRT protocol

jomamma007 is offline Member
    400 mg of test cyp a week is not trt. You are on a steroid cycle rn bud, most likely 4X the average males levels. At most 200 mg a week would be the max you should be on. Average male body produces 50-70 test a week and your taking over 300mg of test approximately without the weight of the esters. This is not okay. Also 3mg arimidex is way too much ur lipids are going to be hell out of whack. Lower the hcg dose to 250ius as well. Are you even having blood test done? You should start with 100mg a week of test cyp split into two shots for a total of 100mg a week. Take the hcg down to 250ius and drop the arimidex completely and test your blood work in say 6 weeks. Though not sure about dropping the arimidex completely as you have so much test in your system but slowly ween off. Wait for the experts to chime in but this is my take in the mean time. I'd your protocol is dialed in there is no need to get off week 11 or 12 or ever!
    Last edited by jomamma007; 03-22-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Trific is offline Member
    What they ^^^^ said....wonder what your hematocrit level is...have you given blood?

Time to get off your cycle and get on TRT and get educated before your doc kills you.

Might try 50mg/2X/wk & HCG @ 250iu on MWF and taper your AI down to almost nothing in the next few weeks.

Not suggesting you get a new doc cuz this one let's you have lotsa test but you gotta take charge of your health!
    Last edited by Trific; 03-23-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Wow, so basically I'm on a full time blast with not cruise?
    Doesn't sound like the right thing to do at all...

I really appreciate all the input.

I am currently coming to the end of my 2 weeks off. I had blood work taken Friday and will have results on Monday.

So I'm gathering I need to drop my dose down to a trt level of between 100 and 200 mg w/k. Drop my hcg down to 250 iu's a dose instead of 500. Also drop my arimidex either all together or at a very least cut in half.

devildog1967 is offline Associate Member
    seems like your doc knows nothing about trt , that dosage is a near constant cycle . in my opinion

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog1967 View Post
    seems like your doc knows nothing about trt , that dosage is a near constant cycle . in my opinion
    That is more than norm than the exception unfortunately.

It's hard to wrap my brain around how some/most GP and even Endo's can be so clueless on how HRT works or should work when it makes perfect simple sense if you think about the mechanics.

Trific is offline Member
    So I'm gathering I need to drop my dose down to a trt level of between 100 and 200 mg w/k. Drop my hcg down to 250 iu's a dose instead of 500. Also drop my arimidex either all together or at a very least cut in half.
    That sums it up pretty well. In some ways you'll be starting all over. You'll be changing things around and begin again and do BW again in about 6 weeks to try to get dialed into a TRT protocol that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trific View Post
    That sums it up pretty well. In some ways you'll be starting all over. You'll be changing things around and begin again and do BW again in about 6 weeks to try to get dialed into a TRT protocol that works for you.
    Alright then. I appreciate all the advice very much.

Thread Information