Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
    Is napping a huge sign? I run heavy machinery and run high all day, staying alert and being physical. When i get home i nap for 20 min. Then i hit the gym. Or do you mean like a dead tired where you dread anything physical
    I'm no expert, but I think it's perfectly normal to be physically exhausted when working your ass off in the sun all day. I'm a teacher and I'm so mentally tired when I get home, I often take a quick nap.

Lol @ snoring on the phone. I'd be totally offended if you did that to me.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
    Is napping a huge sign? I run heavy machinery and run high all day, staying alert and being physical. When i get home i nap for 20 min. Then i hit the gym. Or do you mean like a dead tired where you dread anything physical
    Napping is great!
    In my twenties, for years, after I worked out and did my running early in the day, I napped for two hours in the afternoon before I went to my night job - in the restaurant/night club business. Nothing at all wrong with napping. It's an important part of many cultures.

The kind of napping I have had to do lately was the kind that I just couldn't stop myself from doing. You might compare it to the worst low T day you've ever had. I just HAD to lie down and go to sleep. I'm lucky I'm retired now and have this luxury but it would be a BIG problem if I was working - back in the classroom teaching. This irresistible urge to lay down and sleep has just been a recent thing since taking test cyp shots - and it only happens on the day of the shot and exactly three days after. I find it strange. And I'm happy I have other options.

Rusty,
    I definitely know what you mean. I've had those days too after a day in the classroom. Teachers are always "on".
    Last edited by 2Sox; 03-28-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Retired....lucky dawg. I can't wait. Hopefully, I won't keel over the day after.

zerodarkthirty is offline Associate Member
    I find your drowsiness on the day of the shot and 3 days after very bizarre....and EXACTLY what I've experienced since switching to shots. So much so that I take the shot around 8 pm so I can just go to bed after I get drowsy in a few hours. The 3 day later thing is also weird. I wonder what causes these symptoms??

Quote Originally Posted by zerodarkthirty View Post
    I find your drowsiness on the day of the shot and 3 days after very bizarre....and EXACTLY what I've experienced since switching to shots. So much so that I take the shot around 8 pm so I can just go to bed after I get drowsy in a few hours. The 3 day later thing is also weird. I wonder what causes these symptoms??
    Zero,
    If you find out, please post it here. The PA who has been treating me doesn't know either.

zerodarkthirty is offline Associate Member
    I've looked around for a thread on this. No joy.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Ya i do notice there is difference in tiredness. After work its a good tired. But sleeping for 8 hours then being tired all day isjust awful

An update with a question: I just starting applying Androgel and self injecting hCG , 250iu EOD. Yesterday, was the second day of application. Gave myself the shot in the morning and about an hour later after my shower applied two pumps. Well, I got a literal rush and my body flushed red for a few minutes after. Felt exhilarating and surprising at the same time. Never happened before.
    As the day wore on, I felt myself getting extremely fatigued (was breathing heavy doing some physical work. This is unusual; I have a medium frame, I'm in good shape and I'm only 150+ lbs.) and I noticed I started to get rather bloated. I figured my E2 level had gone up.

This is my guess on what happened: I just learned from the clinic that had taken my blood work on Friday (just before I restarted the gel) that my total T was 609. When I applied those two pumps and took that shot, I added to an already high T level and drove my T level and E2 way too high and thus the response I got. *By the way, I took 0.25mg dose of Arimidex last night and I feel much better this morning. Figured if this didn't work well, I'd take another 0.25.

I'd really like to understand this better so I can avoid problems in the future. If you can add to my conjecture or have any other ideas, I'd be very grateful to hear them. Thanks.

I really need you help on this one, guys, so I thought I'd ask again. Thanks.

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    An update with a question: I just starting applying Androgel and self injecting hCG , 250iu EOD. Yesterday, was the second day of application. Gave myself the shot in the morning and about an hour later after my shower applied two pumps. Well, I got a literal rush and my body flushed red for a few minutes after. Felt exhilarating and surprising at the same time. Never happened before.
    As the day wore on, I felt myself getting extremely fatigued (was breathing heavy doing some physical work. This is unusual; I have a medium frame, I'm in good shape and I'm only 150+ lbs.) and I noticed I started to get rather bloated. I figured my E2 level had gone up.

This is my guess on what happened: I just learned from the clinic that had taken my blood work on Friday (just before I restarted the gel) that my total T was 609. When I applied those two pumps and took that shot, I added to an already high T level and drove my T level and E2 way too high and thus the response I got. *By the way, I took 0.25mg dose of Arimidex last night and I feel much better this morning. Figured if this didn't work well, I'd take another 0.25.

I'd really like to understand this better so I can avoid problems in the future. If you can add to my conjecture or have any other ideas, I'd be very grateful to hear them. Thanks.
    You are adding a lot more variables to you mix so it's hard to tell. To be honest I bet 80% is in your mind and you are over thinking it. you went from 1 to 3 different things. Do 1 think at a time. I NEVER needed a AI so now your adding a shot and a AI to the mix so who knows. Do 1 thing MAYBE 2 and give it TIME. This stuff is easy if you don't change 100 things at the same time.

Thanks for your reply, Ryan. Actually, I went from 3 things to same 3 things: FROM 100mg test cyp/week, .5mg Adex every three days, 250iu hCG two times a week. This went to Androgel two pumps ED, 250iu hCG EOD, and .25 Adex as needed. I'm thinking I'll be taking .25 of the ai on the days of the hCG shot.

The only thing that changed was T delivery/dose and frequency of other meds.

By the way, skipped ALL meds yesterday. Toay I took a shot of 250iu hCG, one pump of Androgel, and .25 Adex. I feel great. Lots of energy.
    *Took blood work an hour ago. I'm curious to see the results.

I also believe you have a point about my over thinking this. My wife has said similar things, that I'm too concentrated in a sense, but I think a great deal of thinking must be done by each of us on TRT until we get it right. So in that sense, I feel I'm doing the right thing in trying to understand this subject. I've been accused of not thinking of things enough at times, so this is a good thing for me! Thinking about the details would hopefully help me - all of us - avoid harmful mistakes along the way.

I look forward to yours and others further comments. Thanks.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 04-02-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information