junk2222yard is offline Associate Member

Canadian Using Privatemedlabs in Border Town

I am in Canada. For anyone who has used privatemedlabs, can you see any reason why I couldn't order it online like you do, and then go over the border and draw blood at a nearby U.S. labcorp?

Is there any snags, like a required U.S. address, you can foresee?

Even though I don't live very close to a border, I am interested in making the effort to do this in order to test a couple things that are not available in Canada. (Specifically sensitive E2 and Reverse T3.)

Trific is offline Member
    I don't see any problems...they will like your $ too...

Get your results by email.

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trific View Post
    I don't see any problems...they will like your $ too...
    I am sure they want my $$!

But do you have personal experience with privatemdlabs.com? I am worried there will be a red tape snafu due to being a foreigner. (I believe some states -- like NY -- do not allow private testing, so it would not surprise me if I show Canadian ID at blood draw and they are like "Hold on!")

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trific View Post
    I don't see any problems...
    Do you first hand experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by junk2222yard View Post
    I am sure they want my $$!

But do you have personal experience with privatemdlabs.com? I am worried there will be a red tape snafu due to being a foreigner. (I believe some states -- like NY -- do not allow private testing, so it would not surprise me if I show Canadian ID at blood draw and they are like "Hold on!")
    Great question, im sub'd for the answers well.

In fact, i may have to search this route myself, if this pans out for us Canadians.

Trific is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Do you first hand experience with this?
    Yes, I have a little...I looked at privatemdlabs and then searched out the closest Labcorp to me and it's easy for me to get to it so I just stopped in and asked some questions.

It turned out that it would be more expensive if I ordered the tests right from Labcorp so I told them I'd just order the tests online from privatemdlabs and I'd be back.

Ordered the tests and got an order number to take into Labcorp, I just needed that order number or at least my name to do the test but didn't need to show any ID.

I was having computer problems with downloading a PDF and so I asked them If I could come back and get a copy of my results and they said sure as long as I had an ID to show them, but I didn't go back since I got the PDF to open.

So all of that worked fine for me and I will be doing that some more.

To confirm.

Youre living in Canada? Are you Canadian? This isn't clear to me.

And you drove over the border to the closest LabCorp office and requested bloods? But you discovered that the Blood Tests were cheaper if you ordered online. And then you drove back over the border, with an order number, to give blood for the Blood Tests that you ordered online? Is this correct so far?

So now when you back a third time to PICK UP RESULTS, you will need ID. Is there any stipulation for being a Canadian, other than having ID, and not a resistant of the USA?

Thanks for confirming.

Trific is offline Member
    To confirm.

Youre living in Canada? Are you Canadian? This isn't clear to me.

And you drove over the border to the closest LabCorp office and requested bloods? But you discovered that the Blood Tests were cheaper if you ordered online. And then you drove back over the border, with an order number, to give blood for the Blood Tests that you ordered online? Is this correct so far?

So now when you back a third time to PICK UP RESULTS, you will need ID. Is there any stipulation for being a Canadian, other than having ID, and not a resistant of the USA?

Thanks for confirming.
    No and no....I'm 5 miles from the Labcorp I used right now....I am just sayin I didn't use any ID for the whole deed. You could just call the Labcorp you would use before going to verify smooth sailing.

So you're living in the USA as a US resident? And you have no experience with LabCorp as a foreigner traveling across the border, correct?

Trific is offline Member
    So you're living in the USA as a US resident? And you have no experience with LabCorp as a foreigner traveling across the border, correct?
    Yes and yes.

i've never heard of labcorp until i started posting on a few forums..ive always used quest....what other labs are there?

The i would suggest that you keep your sideline cheer leading to a dull roar in here. These men are asking for help and information based on experience, not conjecture and glib comments.

And if youre looking to increase your post count, there are two whore threads available to choose from.

No offense, but this is long overdue. Your comments and antidotes in this Forum are not helping - they only serve to confuse the OP.

Thanks for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16 View Post
    i've never heard of labcorp until i started posting on a few forums..ive always used quest....what other labs are there?
    Start your own thread please.

Trific is offline Member
    But do you have personal experience with privatemdlabs.com?
    This was junk's question and as I did have personal experience with them I thought I'd say as much, I really don't care about a post count, I'm just trying to answer people's questions.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    They don't usually check ID. I did mine last time using an alias (paranoid about those damn nosy insurance companies).
    You just register and pay online, walk in and hand them the printout, get your blood drawn, and they email you the results.

Thread Information