riotz0r is offline Associate Member

HSA accounts and TRT

Does anyone have any good information on this? I have called my insurance, my employer and the bank of my HSA account and no one has a definite answer. My employer thinks it's covered but isn't sure....

jasondd1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riotz0r View Post
    Does anyone have any good information on this? I have called my insurance, my employer and the bank of my HSA account and no one has a definite answer. My employer thinks it's covered but isn't sure....
    I use mine. I even use it for my lab work at privatemd. Of course private lab work doent go toward the deductible. Make sure your doc and your pharmacy have your insurance info so you get credit for your high deductible.

After more research and phone calls then I care to talk about I believe I have come up with an answer that helped me and could help others as well. TRT is covered under my HSA account and as long as I am billed under medical code 96372(injections) my insurance will cover it. I have spoke with lowt.com and they have assured me I could be billed under medical code 96372. So if anyone is wondering if TRT is covered under their insurance, find out if your insurance covers medical code 96372(if they want the CPT number its 257.2).

Quote Originally Posted by jasondd1 View Post
    I use mine. I even use it for my lab work at privatemd. Of course private lab work doent go toward the deductible. Make sure your doc and your pharmacy have your insurance info so you get credit for your high deductible.
    What happens when your HSA account runs out? Does your insurance cover it then?

Depends on your deductible. Mine is $2500 then 100% after, some are $1500 then 80/20 on the first $10k. But yeah once the deductible is met the insurance company picks it up.

Quote Originally Posted by riotz0r;64***66
    What happens when your HSA account runs out? Does your insurance cover it then?

Mine is $2000 and then the insurance picks up 100% so TRT would basically be free for me...

Quote Originally Posted by riotz0r View Post
    Mine is $2000 and then the insurance picks up 100% so TRT would basically be free for me...
    Well after the $2k. Make sure you max out the HSA portion. I think its $3200 for an individual and like $6300 for a family. And find a bank that gives you at least 1%, they are out there. Remember it is tax free and what you don't use will roll over accruing insurance year after year.

bluskiblacdeth is offline Junior Member
    Insurance is stupid ( hell I think we all know this). My insurance covered the BW, not the office visit, did cover my supplements but not my Test. WTF

Thread Information