freshmaker is offline Junior Member

Letrozole Vs. Adex?

I have been on trt for over a year, running 150mg cyp (split into .75 twice a week) + hcg 2-3x a week. I've also started HGH approx 3 months ago - now at 2.iu day.

I had a recent checkup with bloodwork and my e is now overly high. I had noticed sensitive nipples but nothing else. He wasn't super clear on how to deal with this, so he prescribed 2.5mg of letrozole 3x per week based on the advice of another doc. He wanted me to run it for a month and do new bloodwork.

I took a few of them and did not feel good. At all. I took a week off - and am going to reduce the dosage by 50% and try that. OR, I have arimidex and can run that - bought from ar-r on a whim. Or the doc can prescribe me the real thing.

The doc is in favor of me increasing my cyp dosage as I have some room left, so before I do that I want to get the e under control and see if the T rises naturally just from the letrozole or adex.

Notes on your experiences appreciated.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Was Estradiol test a Sensitive Assay for males? If so, what were your results?

If your Estrogen was high due to your current TRT dose protocol, i would say .25mg EOD of Adex would not be out of line to begin.

When are you scheduled for further bloodwork?

It simply reads "Estrogens, Total" 130 ref range 40-115 pg ml

It's sort of random in that we typically run other tests - estradiol, serum, and I can't tell if any of them are the sensitive assay. In any event, this is what I have to work with. Next blood work in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmaker View Post
    It simply reads "Estrogens, Total" 130 ref range 40-115 pg ml

It's sort of random in that we typically run other tests - estradiol, serum, and I can't tell if any of them are the sensitive assay. In any event, this is what I have to work with. Next blood work in a few weeks.
    Nice!

And regardless, its definitely high. I would run .25mg EOD with your Adex and TRT protocol until you next set of bloods and then re evaluate your E2 management plan.

ZenFitness is offline Associate Member
    Not to butt in on this, but if your doc doesn't know how to manage E2 and instead relies on another doc, why not go to the other doc? E2 management is part and parcel of the TRT process and should be staple knowledge by someone administering testosterone replacement .

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Definitely use the adex or heavily dose down that letro. 7.5mg/wk of letro will crush your E2. Initial use of letro will help get your E2 down quicker, but it's very powerful stuff so be careful with it. Also, using your AI will inherently raise your test levels by limiting the aromatization.

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Definitely use the adex or heavily dose down that letro. 7.5mg/wk of letro will crush your E2. Initial use of letro will help get your E2 down quicker, but it's very powerful stuff so be careful with it. Also, using your AI will inherently raise your test levels by limiting the aromatization.
    I can't seem to find any indication on what the right letro dose would be. Definitely seems like it should be less than 2.5mg per week, but I am having a hard time finding any recommended doses for trt. I can find dosing for gyno and cycles but not trt.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenFitness View Post
    Not to butt in on this, but if your doc doesn't know how to manage E2 and instead relies on another doc, why not go to the other doc? E2 management is part and parcel of the TRT process and should be staple knowledge by someone administering testosterone replacement.
    He hasn't had to manage e2 as TRT is not a large part of his practice. He's openminded about trying new things - which is great - and is generally aware of what he doesn't know. Given that this other doc recommended way too much letro, I'm not thrilled about him.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmaker View Post
    I can't seem to find any indication on what the right letro dose would be. Definitely seems like it should be less than 2.5mg per week, but I am having a hard time finding any recommended doses for trt. I can find dosing for gyno and cycles but not trt.
    Check this out. It may provide some insight into your dilemma.

http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...ml#post6511480

That's a link to this thread.....

Vinman is offline Junior Member
    I use Adex to keep my estrogen in check, but once I get the sore nipples and lumps, I switch to Letro. Here is a link to a page on this forum which shows the best way to use letro. It worked for me !!

All you need to know about GYNO.

Thread Information