Thread: sex drive

caira1074 is offline Junior Member

sex drive

hey guys could use some help, my sex drive isn't quite up to snuff just got blood work back total test 970ng/dl free test 54ng/dl estrogen sensitive 11, is the high free test causing this im using 250 iu hcg 3 times a week and 60mg of test twice a week and 1.0mg of arimidex also my insulin like growth factors were at 316ng/ml seems high any input would be helpful

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Sex drive is very tough, but for starters your E2 is a little low, may want to back off the a-dex a bit. Try and get the E2 into the 15 to 30 range and I bet things will improve a little.

jomamma007 is offline Member
    ^ your crashing your estrogen, ease up on the adex a bit maybe .25mg twice a week

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    That's a good start but not a guarantee. My sex drive still isn't up to par yet blood work has looked good. The only time my sex drive felt obviously better than pre trt was when i first started trt, and then when i first started hcg , and then when I blasted up to 800 mg. Otherwise sex drive is there, just not a driving force like when I was young. Please keep us posted if you ever make progress in this, as I would like to learn from you and possibly see if it works for me.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sex drive can be affected not only by levels of hormones but also ratios. So if you blast up, you raise your T levels and it takes a while for other hormones to raise too. So you have better sex drive.

There is a lot of focus on T and E2 levels for sex drive. These are standard tests and easy to discuss, but you have to look at other hormones as well. Prolactin and progesterone are other numbers that need to be considered.

When a male has an orgasim, the brain releases prolactin. This is why after we orgasim we lose some to all of our sex drive. In a young healthy adult male, the body completely clears this prolactin in about an hour. So 30-60 minutes after an orgasim, most men have cleared the prolactin enough to where they can go again. The kicker is, the older you get the longer it takes your body to clear the prolactin. Also, older men tend to have higher prolactin levels to begin with so it takes longer to regain an acceptable prolactin level.

Consider looking at your prolactin and progesterone levels as well. Personally, an E2 of 11 is great for my sex drive. Too great! Others experience different symptoms at different levels. For some, low E2 is as bad as high E2.

Thread Information