Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Papa Smurf

Thread: My story

test-one is offline Junior Member

My story

This being myfirst post, I want tpree as batom and concise as possible. I have spent four months reading and being tested by many incompetent dr's and finally onecompetent doctor. I'm finally taking the plunge and posting my results andstory for you all to read and give your much respected advice.
    -height: 6
    -waist: 31
    -weight: 180

-Health conditions, symptoms: Thesedays the symptoms are extreme anxiety,up to five panic attacks a day. Cold sweats, low blood sugar, muscle twitches and very poor concentration. A scary symptom is severe brain fog; I forgot howto get home a month ago and had to call my wife. I have physical fatigue andmetal fatigue. I’ve lost my zest for life.

Other test performed: I just received my results from my pituitaryMRI and all is well. No tumors to be found, just two Chiari malformations whichhave nothing to do with low T.

-LAB RESULTS WITH RANGES:
    Test Attribute Value(Normal Range)

CBC WBC 4.5 K/UL (4.5-10.5)
    ANA screen CCP Antibody lgG dsDNA antibody ANA screen CCP Antibody lgG dsDNAantiboy .5 u/ml (.0-5) 5 u/ml (0-99)
    CBC LYM 1.7 K/UL (0.6-4.1)
    CBC %L 37.3 % (10.0-58.5)
    CBC NEU 2.1 10e3/uL (1.8-6.7)
    CBC %N 45.7 % (42.0-72.0)
    CBC RBC 5.01 M/UL (4.69-6.13)
    CBC EOS 0.2 10e3/uL (0.0-0.5)
    CBC HGB 14.9 g/dL (14.1-18.1)
    CBC %E 4.6 % (0.6-6.0)
    CBC HCT 47.5 % (43.5-53.7)
    CBC BASO 0.0 10e3/uL (0.0-0.1)
    CBC MCV 95 fL (80-97)
    CBC %B 0.8 % (0.3-2.0)
    CBC MCH 29.7 pG/cell (28.0-32.0)
    CBC PCT 0.2 % ()
    CBC MCHC 31.3 g/dL (32.0-36.0)
    CBC PDW 23.7 10(GSD) ()
    CBC RDW 12.7 % (11.5-14.8)
    CBC PLT 153 K/uL (145-450)
    CBC MPV 11.1 fL (0.0-99.8)
    CBC Mono 0.5 10e3/uL (0.1-1.1)
    CBC %M 11.6 % (3.0-14.0)

Estradiol Level ESTRADIOL 27.90 pg/ml ()
    Testosterone , total T. TESTOSTERONE 236.00 ng/dL (270.00-1730.00)
    Prolactin PROLACTIN 6.67 ng/mL (2.50-17.00)

CMP ( CMP and D Bili) BUN 25.0 mg/dl (10.0-26.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) CREATININE 0.9 mg/dl (0.6-1.4)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) GLUCOSE 86.0 mg/dl (70.0-100.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) CALCIUM 9.4 mg/dl (8.8-10.4)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) SODIUM 141.0 mg/dl (130.0-149.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) POTASSIUM 4.2 mg/dl (3.5-5.5)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) CHLORIDE 106.0 MEQ/L (94.0-112.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) CO2 28.0 MEQ/L (21.0-32.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) BUN/CREATININE 27.8 RATIO (8.0-36.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) ANION GAP 7.0 RATIO (4.0-34.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) ALBUMIN 4.1 G/DL (3.5-5.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) TOTAL PROTEIN 6.5 G/DL (6.3-8.1)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) DIRECT BILI 0.2 MG/DL (0.0-0.6)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) TOTAL BILI 0.6 MG/DL (0.2-1.3)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) ALKALINE PHOS 73.0 IU/L (40.0-150.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) AST/SGOT 19.0 IU/L (5.0-34.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) ALT/SGPT 23.0 IU/L (0.0-55.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) INDIRECT BILI 0.4 MG/DL (0.0-1.0)
    CMP ( CMP and D Bili) eGFR 103.3 ()

Cortisol level CORTISOL (8am) 13.4 ug/dL (2.50-25.00)

Free T(Direct) 7.3 pg/mL (8.7-25.1)

Uric Acid Uric Acid 5.7 pg/mL (2.6-7.2)

Cortisol level Cortisol (2:30pm) 9.37 ug/dlL (2.6-7.2)
    LH Leutizing Hormone 1.9 ml (1-9ml)
    FSH Follicle Stimulating Hormone 2.7 ml (2-10ml)
    ACTH ACTH Hormone 42 (0-46)
    Dht 204 (106-729)
    SHBG 29nmol /L (16.5-55.9)
    Thyroid panel
    TSH 1.570 uIU/mL (0.400-4.000)
    Free t3 3.840 pg/mL (1.800-4.200)
    Free t4 3.840 pg/mL (1.800-4.200)
    Progesterone .3pg/ml
    24 hr Cortisol pending
    progestorone 1708 11pg/ml (0-49)
    Dhea-s 176.8 ug/dl (160-449)
    New free testosterone: 6.6 pg/ml (8.7-25.1)

Acth stim test results
    Acth pre stim 29 (0-46)
    Cortisol pre stim 9.5 (o-23)
    Acth after stim 47
    Cortisol 30 mins after stim 21
    Cortisol 60 mins after stim 23
    It was determined I was normal

-DIET: Diet is clean and roughly3000 calories a day. I follow a ratio split of 40 pro, 30 carb and 30 fats.Saturdays are honestly my best days as I eat everything in sight with no regardto quantity or quality.

-I haven’t woke up in a teepee in along, long time! What’s morning wood.

Again, I understand each of you have lives to live and your life requires yourattention and energy, so any information offered up and given will be very muchappreciated.
    Last edited by test-one; 05-18-2013 at 05:20 AM.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to the forums.

I'm far from the expert on this, but I noticed that your testosterone levels looked ok, a little low, but ok for a 33 year old. Your FreeTest was below range.

Has the doctor mentioned anything about suffering from LowTest? I'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge will get back to you soon, but that's just some quick feedback.

Krugerr

Yes my dr says its low for a male my age and I wish I had some sort of baseline to compare it to. Say, a test reading from my late teens or 20's, but I don't. All we have are these ranges and we know I'm on the low end as evident by the above results.

Adrenal fatigue is suspected along with poor thyroid function as body temps are low.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Are you currently taking any medications?

Zip zero nada my friend.

I was on propecia for 6 years and that's when symptoms began to manifest..ie panic attacks, brain fog, lack or erections, etc.

Thanks

I don't really want to go the trt route, but I certainly can't continue to function like this for much longer.

blacktoppete is offline Junior Member
    I had alot of those symptoms until i started Trt little by little the went away good luck to you

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by test-one View Post
    I don't really want to go the trt route, but I certainly can't continue to function like this for much longer.
    I didnt either bro........... but TRT gave me a normal (ok alittle higher than normal) life back !!

Quote Originally Posted by blacktoppete View Post
    I had alot of those symptoms until i started Trt little by little the went away good luck to you
    Thanks for the response and that statement does offer some hope for a very desperate man (me).

You probably already now this but...

Finasteride (Propecia) can cause many serious side effects that can persist even after stopping the medication.

How long ago did you stop taking he Propecia?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    I didnt either bro........... but TRT gave me a normal (ok alittle higher than normal) life back !!
    What was the tipping point for you...how do you know when its time to start.

For as many guys that have said its been a life changer, you have those men that wish they would have waited.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    You probably already now this but...

Finasteride (Propecia) can cause many serious side effects that can persist even after stopping the medication.

How long ago did you stop taking he Propecia?
    Its been about 4 years but as youve alluded to and Dr Crisler agrees, Propecia can break some mens HPTA .

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by test-one View Post
    What was the tipping point for you...how do you know when its time to start.

For as many guys that have said its been a life changer, you have those men that wish they would have waited.
    I wish I had know about TRT when I was in my late 30s...

Tippin point? I was 285lbs 44" waist, no strenght or endurance. Zero focus. The only thing I didnt lose was my sex drive. I think that was the reason why I never thought about low T .

Got back in gym and started fighting the weight off................ slowly it came off, but muscle didnt come back. Talked to a friend at the gym about the lack of strenght coming back, and he turned me on to his doc.

Bloodwork showed total test at 143. The doctor wanted me to continue my weight loose before startingmy TRT Got down to 230lbs and started on cyp test a 400mg once a month.....Holy crap, what a cooaster ride that was. Long story short, after 4 months, got my levels stable amd things started changing (see albums ) Three show me at start, I was 46 and 230 and then a year later at 47 I was 238 . You be the judge. Now at almost 51, I still workout 4 ta 5 times a week and try and stay in shape. Got remarried and have a little more happy fat now but still feel great. The other pics are from this past summer.

I take 200 mg cyp test ew and my levels stay around 1350 total,I have no E2 issues (one of the luckly ones) and psa levels are normal

Life is geat now!

FYI Thats my 36 year old wife in pics

Did I say life is great !!!!!!
    Salguod likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    I wish I had know about TRT when I was in my late 30s...

Tippin point? I was 285lbs 44" waist, no strenght or endurance. Zero focus. The only thing I didnt lose was my sex drive. I think that was the reason why I never thought about low T .

Got back in gym and started fighting the weight off................ slowly it came off, but muscle didnt come back. Talked to a friend at the gym about the lack of strenght coming back, and he turned me on to his doc.

Bloodwork showed total test at 143. The doctor wanted me to continue my weight loose before startingmy TRT Got down to 230lbs and started on cyp test a 400mg once a month.....Holy crap, what a cooaster ride that was. Long story short, after 4 months, got my levels stable amd things started changing (see albums ) Three show me at start, I was 46 and 230 and then a year later at 47 I was 238 . You be the judge. Now at almost 51, I still workout 4 ta 5 times a week and try and stay in shape. Got remarried and have a little more happy fat now but still feel great. The other pics are from this past summer.

I take 200 mg cyp test ew and my levels stay around 1350 total,I have no E2 issues (one of the luckly ones) and psa levels are normal

Life is geat now!

FYI Thats my 36 year old wife in pics

Did I say life is great !!!!!!
    Now that certainly makes me want to take the plunge.

If you don't mind, could you share your protocol and your ups and downs and early struggles (if you had any)?

Thank you for sharing a piece of your life with a stranger!

zerodarkthirty is offline Associate Member
    As I'm sure you've already discovered, this is a really great forum with lots of folks who actually invest time into the community of people in it. I started down this path a little over a month ago and it has been a rough start for me, but I think I've finally found a great dr. and as you know, that should be your prime objective. TRT is about trying to isolate what is causing you to have these issues and working toward addressing the problems in a meaningful way so that you can live a great and full life as a guy.

This forum has given me a mountain of information in such a very short time period. You'll get everything figured out and never look back at those grey days and nights, struggling just to exist at times. There's only one way up from here, Sir. You are in the right place. Best of luck, man.

Thank you very much zero.

Your post echoes your intent that this forum is a great place. With post like yours and everyone who has responded thus far, I can say with absolute certainty...I AGREE.

Thanks.

alpinist is offline Junior Member
    I totally understand not wanting to start down this long road. My numbers were pretty low so the decision was not too difficult. I do agree however, that TRT and this place have greatly improved my quality of life.

Alpinist thanks for the reply. What were your symptoms?

Looking at my test results what do you guys think you would do if you were in my shoes?

What could be causing such low free testosterone . I just posted a few more test results.

A lot has transpired the past few months so much so that I'm taking a month of medical leave to start treatment.

In reality, it's been a rough two years.

Here is the Cliff note version.

The company I managed was sold and all of us were left looking for new employers.
    It took three months of hard searching and interviewing but I finally find a great job 13 hours from my home and had to leave everything, family, friends and my ministry (children's pastor).

The same week I lost my job,I found my father unconscious in his apartment with no signs of life. I performed CPR on him and thank God he came back. He was in a coma for a week but fully recovered.

Things seemed to be getting better or so I thought.

We were celebrating with a going away party the week we were to relocate and my dad just looked and sounded terrible. We all desperately urged him to visit the Dr and he said, no I just want to go home. We helped him to his car and said, if you feel and look this bad tomorrow morning your going to the Dr. He agreed and we said we will call you first thing in the morning.

Well, we found him dead the next morning in his apartment lying on the floor with his phone inches from his hands.

I bury him and move within the same week.

Why do I share this, it's easy really. Thousands of people read this forum and if one fellow relates with my story and symptoms and gains hope, then it was worth it.

I'm about to go take my first shot of test this morning and this post will be used as my personal log on this trt journey.

I'm starting with 25mg subq three times a week. No hcg or arimadex at this time.

I will also be taking high doeses of b vitamins and 20mg of micronized dhea.

Here we go...

Thread Information