Tnatious is offline Associate Member

See the Doctor for the first time in the morning

I just woke up (4:00 am) with a question...

To ensure that the doctor is "carefully" evaluating a new protocol for me do I let her know of my involvement in this forum? When I ask for a copy of my results should I tell her that I am going to post them for review by other HRT professionals?
    I just want to make sure she is going to give me the proper work and evaluation I deserve!
    As stated it is 4 am and hope this message makes sense!

phaedo is offline Associate Member
    Uh, no. I definitely would not.

Not that I have anything against this forum (on the contrary, this board has helped me immensely), but the unintended ignorance of your medical professional hearing "I'm getting advice from random people on a message board" wouldn't be taken seriously. Coupled with the sobriquet of "steroid .com," and your doctor will likely think you're... well, abusing steroids .

Personally, I talk with my doctor in an educated and informed fashion (much thanks to this board), often showing up to the office with clinical studies, articles from journals, and other professional medical sources backing what this board advises (for the most part). Use this forum as a means, not an end. I think you should avoid the silly prejudice of "steroid" and "forum," since convincing of the truth would be considerable more work than not mentioning it.
    Last edited by phaedo; 05-21-2013 at 02:43 PM.

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phaedo View Post
    Uh, no. I definitely would not.

Not that I have anything against this forum (on the contrary, this board has helped me immensely), but the unintended ignorance of your medical professional hearing "I'm getting advice from random people on a message board" wouldn't be taken seriously. Coupled with the sobriquet of "steroid .com," and your doctor will likely think you're, well, abusing steroids .

Personally, I talk with my doctor in an educated and informed fashion (much thanks to this board), often showing up to the office with clinical studies, articles from journals, and other professional medical sources backing what this board advises (for the most part). Use this forum as a means, not an end. I think you should avoid the silly prejudice of "steroid" and "forum," since convincing of the truth would more considerable more work than not mentioning it.
    I second what phaedo said. Do not bring this forum up to your doctor.

Thread Information