Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FRDave

Thread: E2

MPhoenix is offline New Member

E2

Hey guys,

I recently went back on HRT. I asked to have my Estrogen checked as I was gaining weight (really only around my chest and stomach), any benefits I saw from my T injections (200 cyp eow) was now half as effective, and after reading this board over the last year or so I know that conversion can be a problem even with only HRT levels of testosterone .

I asked for a sensitive Estrogen test but they wont do that so it looks like the regular test is what I got. I was hoping for some feedback on what now. I have read the stickies that suggest an AI and I've read posts that suggest just Zinc/Copper in the morning to bring levels down and I'm not sure which one is right for me.

Estradiol 172 Ref. Range <150 Units pmol/L

I've been to several doctors, none of which will prescribe AIs (or HCG ).

Other questions:
    -Is my new super power of being completely sensitive to heat also due to high E2?;
    -If not due to high E2 will giving blood help with the heat sensitivity?;
    -Is this Estradiol test meant for women and my numbers are really bad for a guy (Dr only said my number is "a little high")?

testytim is offline Associate Member
    You ask about being sensitive to heat.. My experience is when my rbc gets up over 52% or so i cant stand the heat or the cold .My e2 has been all over the road and to honest i really dont feel it high or low.. It could just be me Fyi i do not do a ai as well.I inject 40mgs e3ds and i take 100 mgs of zinc daily Been as high as 90 plus on my e2 and as low as 20 and dont feel it maybe im a freak

Interesting... My RBC is 5.12 tera/L (RR 4.20-5.40). It isn't out of normal ranges but I guess thats higher than 52% of the range. So you noticed a sharp difference in heat tolerance once you gave blood (or fixed this however you did)? I just need to be confident with my ability to perform activities outside regardless of the weather.

I'll still have to get my E2 in order as the fat accumulation is ridiculous given my diet and workout schedule.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Your E2 is 50pg/mL, which is about 20 points over. You may be able to get it down using Zinc & DIM. If not, a low dose of arimidex will be needed.
    TestingMe likes this.

Thanks FRDave. Any idea of dosage for Zinc & DIM or Arimidex ? Dosage for Arimidex seems to be .25, or can I go smaller?

Is there a particular brand of DIM that you would suggest? I see many on Bodybuilding.com store but want to make sure it is the most effective.
    Last edited by MPhoenix; 09-15-2013 at 01:43 PM.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MPhoenix
    Thanks FRDave. Any idea of dosage for Zinc & DIM or Arimidex ? Dosage for Arimidex seems to be .25, or can I go smaller?

Is there a particular brand of DIM that you would suggest? I see many on Bodybuilding.com store but want to make sure it is the most effective.
    Zinc you can try 25-60mg daily with 2-4mg of copper. For DIM, 200-300mg daily.

If you try arimidex, .25mg per week should be more than enough. They are tiny so it would be hard to cut any smaller, but may be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MPhoenix
    Interesting... My RBC is 5.12 tera/L (RR 4.20-5.40). It isn't out of normal ranges but I guess thats higher than 52% of the range. So you noticed a sharp difference in heat tolerance once you gave blood (or fixed this however you did)? I just need to be confident with my ability to perform activities outside regardless of the weather.

I'll still have to get my E2 in order as the fat accumulation is ridiculous given my diet and workout schedule.
    Testytim should have said when his hematocrit gets higher than 52%... Not his RBC. The mistake probably came from the fact that hematocrit is the percentage of blood volume that comes from RBC.

So OP, what is your hematocrit level?

.46 (rr .38-.50)

EverettCD is offline Member
    Have you thought about splitting your doses? 200mg every two weeks is not good for most TRT Pt's if any at all. I'm hoping to get by with no AI by injecting every 3.5 days.

Reasons why the 1x inj every 2-3 weeks protocol is 8-10 years outdated!!!

CarlosSemiDanger is offline New Member
    Do we have any references to the linked article. The graph is great and the merits of the author well-known in the community but when arguing with some Endo not necessarily up to date knowledge, then some reference to research papers are a great tool. I'm trying to get out of two week cycles and meeting my Endo in two weeks and I would like to have a solid story for the session as possible. I would rather not change Endo if I can help it as currently my treatment is covered by insurance.

Thread Information