Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EverettCD

Thread: New to TRT, Young....Currently on Test C, requesting help for my future-

cutting4lyfe is offline New Member

New to TRT, Young....Currently on Test C, requesting help for my future-

My journey:
    Go to an endo with the concern that I had hypothyroidism, while its BARELY within normal range, i dont get diagnosed. Instead I find out my test is at ~260 ng/ml (or w/e the measurement is...dont have my papers here).

- Endo wants to do an MRI on my pituitary or something and do all of this other chit, and also has me take a sleep test. Sleep test says i have mild sleep apnea (bad allergies, mouth breather, etc....kind of enhances my apnea....althoguh i NEVER break sleep from it).

- Endo then sends me to a pulmonary Dr. Pulmonary says that my apnea is NOT the reason for my low testosterone (says ABSOLUTELY NOT)....Also says that my apnea would dwindle with my weight (As It never gags me or pulls me out of sleep...its mild).

- Tell endo this news, she rages pretty much.....doesnt wanna prescribe me test...so refers me to reproductive urologist

See urologist, he immediately puts me on androgel instantly without doing any tests or anything. It lowers my test to 136. Get put on Test C 200mg/ml per every other week. Within 1.5 months, my test goes up to 655. Feel way better, gains come in even further.... (I am now 3 ish shots past that point...im assuming it rested around 700 max?)

My thought process is, should I get off of test asap and try and get some HCG ......I want to have normal testosterone and live a full life, that includes children. I don't really care about sticking myself every other week so long as my chances of still having kids are somewhat normal? I mean how much of a risk is this? ... the doctor told me the risk was very minimal......

Should I see another reproductive urologist about HCG? (this one said he didint do hcg treatments......................)

cliffs: I LOVE how test C has me feeling, but want kids......am young. Need help
    Last edited by cutting4lyfe; 09-15-2013 at 09:20 PM.

reproductive quack is what he is...lol at not doing hcg ..lol at prescribing test every other week

you need hcg, and yes u can have kids, and proper trt protocol is at minimum once per week..so 100 once per week or better yet, 50 mg twice per week.

your doctors are idiots...you also should try to correct the hypothyroidism as that can cause low test bro

i agree with that. so should i seek out hcg ? and get my hypothyroidism levels checked again...it was like on the borderline of being hypo..but it wasnt out of normal range (was at max normal range)....gah, confusing and annoying. Just so long as I can have kids man....

would appreciate more opinions. also opinions on whether to break my 200 twice a month into 100 a week (cyp)

cgi
    cgi is offline Associate Member
    Yes, take the injections more often. I would probably up the dose to 200mg a week 100mg shots twice a week

Quote Originally Posted by cgi View Post
    Yes, take the injections more often. I would probably up the dose to 200mg a week 100mg shots twice a week
    how do i UP my dosage without talking my DR into it honestly..... I don't have "hookups" in my gym...but i know this isnt a source site, what my point is...I cant just UP my dosage. I have like 5 refills of my vial and the best I could do with my current scrip is same dosage but spread it out. half a cc per week. so 100mg a week.

EverettCD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cutting4lyfe View Post
    would appreciate more opinions. also opinions on whether to break my 200 twice a month into 100 a week (cyp)
    I would split your doses, this will help keep your serum levels more stable throughout the week & give you minimal highs & lows. This will also help reduce spikes in your E2 levels & hopefully eliminate the need for a Rx AI.

If I was prescribed 200mg of Test Cyp every two weeks I would split the dose into at least 100mg every 7 days. If you're not bothered by giving yourself more injections & your lifestyle/schedule allows I would split it up to 50mg twice per week (every 3.5 days). I took the advice given to me by multiple knowledgable members here & approached my Dr about doing this, he is supportive of it & I feel that injecting every 3.5 days works very well for me.

I would do your best to find a Dr that will Rx HCG for you since fertility is important to you. The Dr in charge of my TRT is also a Urologist, he's a big believer in HCG for male fertility & many more reasons. HCG has worked very well maintaining my fertility, I began HCG after being on TRT for about 4-5 months when I changed from my PCP to the Urologist in charge of my TRT now. Here's my story about HCG: http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...hcg-works.html

Keep an open mind while receiving this big rush of information here, what your Dr has to say (once you find one that will Rx you HCG) & to what your body tells you during this process of finding what works well for YOU. Do not fixate on your BW numbers only, you may feel great with a Test level of 550 or you may need to be around 900 or anywhere in between. Too many guy's think they need to be at 900+ to have good quality of life, more is not always better with TRT. Getting your TRT protocol correct for YOU takes time, patience & more time. Remember what works for YOU may or may not work well for me or others, we are all different.

Post your complete BW in your thread so some of the more knowledgable members (you'll know them when you see them post) can give you their $.02 & throw some solid advice your direction.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by EverettCD; 09-15-2013 at 02:40 PM.

how do i UP my dosage without talking my DR into it honestly..... I don't have "hookups" in my gym...but i know this isnt a source site, what my point is...I cant just UP my dosage. I have like 5 refills of my vial and the best I could do with my current scrip is same dosage but spread it out. half a cc per week. so 100mg a week.
    Don't "up" your dose without your Dr's approval or you will run out early & be stuck without medication. If your Dr increases your dosage he should write a new script so you will have enough medication & not run out early.
    powerlifterty16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EverettCD View Post
    Don't "up" your dose without your Dr's approval or you will run out early & be stuck without medication. If your Dr increases your dosage he should write a new script so you will have enough medication & not run out early.
    i agree, i just saw "upping the dosage"...its all good, im not a normal juicer, im a 'natural' guy (for now) trying to lift and better my life/get aesthetic/feel GREAT/STAY FERTILE while I do it (NOTHING AGAINST JUICING......obviously...Im not fully natural),

Im going to tell the doctor i am going to split up my injects, same overall dose and see what he says.

....I have two years of dedicated lifting under my belt, and just look like a dreamer bulked up powerlifter...Im trying to chisel (Im 6' even). Something that was much harder when I had no test for 2-3 years. Can I run HCG WHILE running my test? Im assuming they'd give me an e-blocker of some sort while on both......however, i have nothing while on cyp and have NO signs of gyno or any extra estrogen (im assuming my dosage isnt nearly high enough to really convert much estrogen).
    Last edited by cutting4lyfe; 09-15-2013 at 09:21 PM.

i agree, i just saw "upping the dosage"...its all good, im not a normal juicer, im a 'natural' guy (for now) trying to lift and better my life/get aesthetic/feel GREAT/STAY FERTILE while I do it (NOTHING AGAINST JUICING......obviously...Im not fully natural),

Im going to tell the doctor i am going to split up my injects, same overall dose and see what he says.

By BW Im guessing you mean body weight, which right now im at 305~.....I have two years of dedicated lifting under my belt, and just look like a dreamer bulked up powerlifter...Im trying to chisel (Im 6' even). Something that was much harder when I had no test for 2-3 years. Can I run HCG WHILE running my test? Im assuming they'd give me an e-blocker of some sort while on both......however, i have nothing while on cyp and have NO signs of gyno or any extra estrogen (im assuming my dosage isnt nearly high enough to really convert much estrogen).
    Sorry about that, BW= Blood Work (your blood work lab report your Dr receives).

As for HCG while on TRT, YES! You will use HCG while on TRT. Check out the sticky: http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...ould-know.html This will tell you all about the need for HCG & the benefits.

i disagree with cpi. uppin your dose is both unnecessary and illegal. 100 mg/wk should get you ino a nice range especially if you find a dr willing to prescribe hcg . if 100 mg doesn't do it for yo, then you ask your doc to up it

Quote Originally Posted by EverettCD View Post
    Sorry about that, BW= Blood Work (your blood work lab report your Dr receives).

As for HCG while on TRT, YES! You will use HCG while on TRT. Check out the sticky: link This will tell you all about the need for HCG & the benefits.
    thanks alot dude

Thread Information