Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By TraceMYD
  • 2 Post By EverettCD

Thread: Bank my sperm before TRT?

  1. #1
    packing09 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    18

    Post Bank my sperm before TRT?

    Due to steroid abuse when I was youth I had a bad test shutdown. A year after I ran a hardcore PCT including hcg ,nolvadex and clomid. This made my testproduction boost to normal level. My test has gone gone down a bit (7 - normal is 9-30) even though I has not used any steroides for 3 years. Because of that i decided to start TRT for life.

    I'm in the early 20's and Wonder what the risk for infertility is. I'm from a small European country, and I have failed to find any place you can freeze and bank your sperm. I have to travel to another country to do this, so I rather not.

    Is it essencial to bank your sperm in case of infertility before I start TRT?
    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    Given the history you just posted and your age, if I was in your shoes and you want to have children someday I would do the bank. If you don't do it and 5yrs down the road find out youre sterile you will remember having thought about banking your sperm while it had potency and chose not to.

    This is one of those pivotal decisions where it can affect the path of your entire life and that of future generations that might have been, if only you had chosen to bank your 'assets'.

  3. #3
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Anyone support your decision to go on TRT besides yourself? like your doctor?

    I think i'd tough it out and not go on TRT as you are so young and doing so has so many problems associated with it.

  4. #4
    packing09 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Anyone support your decision to go on TRT besides yourself? like your doctor?

    I think i'd tough it out and not go on TRT as you are so young and doing so has so many problems associated with it.
    My doctor is also a little sceptical because of my age, but if he wont prescribe me some I might get it on my own.

    The fact that I've been all natural for over 3 years and still got test levels that low makes me think, why would they suddenly raise now?

    I got worse test levels than a 60 year old, and I'm in my early 20's. Libido is ship, and I dont even get pump in my muscles when I work out(talking about natural pump, not testopump like when on cycle).
    I fele like I'm wasting time with no results working out with test leves like this.

    And what are the dangers with TRT?
    I thought it would be the same sides as if I had natural high testosterone ?

  5. #5
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    because hormonally, you are still developing, and things can turn around for you. wait a few more years when your endocrine system is fully developed and reevaluate. You could snap out of this.

    ....and this is why we put so much effort into telling youngsters NOT to cycle before their mid twenties!
    Java Man likes this.

  6. #6
    TraceMYD's Avatar
    TraceMYD is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    236
    Definitely get some sperm frozen before you get on TRT.

    I really think this should be a requirement by the docs for anyone
    who is under 35 before putting them on TRT. Especially if they don't already have kids.

    Hell...You never know what type of relationship you will be in the future, and it may be compromised
    greatly on your ability to produce offspring.
    Java Man likes this.

  7. #7
    EverettCD's Avatar
    EverettCD is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    680
    100% have your sperm frozen now. Your condition may improve or it may not. Give yourself & future wife the opportunity to have a chance at having kids.

    When I was in my early 20's the last thing I wanted was children. Now in my early 30's my wife & I want children more than anything. I wish I would have banked a few swimmers before I started TRT. Now I'm counting on HCG & the Good Lord to help us with having a family.

    Sent from my iPhone that was manufactured in a sweat shop in China
    Java Man and apple2go like this.

  8. #8
    packing09 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks for the answers.
    Better find a sperm bank then. Is this something anyone can do in the US?

    Anyway, I decided to do on last bloodwork before I decide what to do.

    I am going to check:
    FSH
    LH
    SHBG
    Total test (the lab cant check free test)
    Anything else that I should get checked?
    Last edited by packing09; 05-28-2013 at 10:55 AM.

  9. #9
    TraceMYD's Avatar
    TraceMYD is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by packing09
    Thanks for the answers.
    Better find a sperm bank then. Is this something anyone can do in the US?

    Anyway, I decided to do on last bloodwork before I decide what to do.

    I am going to check:
    FSH
    LH
    SHBG
    Total test (the lab cant check free test)
    Anything else that I should get checked?
    I'm in the US and I had to get a doctors orders to get my sperm frozen by a lab.

    However some fertility clinics have labs and doctors on staff. so it can be easier to get it done.

  10. #10
    ppwc1985's Avatar
    ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,928
    We since we are on the subject, I am in process of going on trt, but me and the wife still want another child. Lowt mike told me that ad long as I am on hcg I will stay fertile. Is this correct? I have not started yet, going for initial bw tommorow through lowt.

  11. #11
    TraceMYD's Avatar
    TraceMYD is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985
    We since we are on the subject, I am in process of going on trt, but me and the wife still want another child. Lowt mike told me that ad long as I am on hcg I will stay fertile. Is this correct? I have not started yet, going for initial bw tommorow through lowt.
    Not 100% correct for everyone, I'm on TRT + hcg 36y/o and I'm not fertile by any means anymore. I been trying to get my fiancée pregnant by intercourse for over a year with no luck.

    However when the time is right....I have sperm frozen, to use for insemination or In vitro fertilization, which is basically the closest to a fail proof backup plan.

    So, make sure you freeze enough sperm to ensure you have multiple attempts for insemination regardless if you are on hcg

  12. #12
    LowT Mike is offline HRT Specialist, P.A. - LowTestosterone.com
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceMYD View Post
    Not 100% correct for everyone, I'm on TRT + hcg 36y/o and I'm not fertile by any means anymore. I been trying to get my fiancée pregnant by intercourse for over a year with no luck.

    However when the time is right....I have sperm frozen, to use for insemination or In vitro fertilization, which is basically the closest to a fail proof backup plan.

    So, make sure you freeze enough sperm to ensure you have multiple attempts for insemination regardless if you are on hcg
    Sure! Not 100% correct for everyone. I agree. Most men dont know of any fertility issues until it comes time to concieve. However, Heres the deal. Assuming all your equipment works correctly before you start TRT. Then your equipment will work while on TRT with HCG. I can only speak on behalf of the the 1000s of men Ive treated some that have used Testosterone only for good part of a decade...They wish to father children so we implemented HCG and boom! Pregnant. Im convinced TRT dosent cause pathology to create infertility. However, Its a good measure to have a back up plan...(sperm bank) many men become infertile or are infertile before for other unrelated issues than using TRT. My doctors will always ask the questions during the initial consult. "Do you wish to father children or keep fertility in tact while on TRT". If yes...then you get HCG.

  13. #13
    TraceMYD's Avatar
    TraceMYD is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by LowT Mike

    Sure! Not 100% correct for everyone. I agree. Most men dont know of any fertility issues until it comes time to concieve. However, Heres the deal. Assuming all your equipment works correctly before you start TRT. Then your equipment will work while on TRT with HCG. I can only speak on behalf of the the 1000s of men Ive treated some that have used Testosterone only for good part of a decade...They wish to father children so we implemented HCG and boom! Pregnant. Im convinced TRT dosent cause pathology to create infertility. However, Its a good measure to have a back up plan...(sperm bank) many men become infertile or are infertile before for other unrelated issues than using TRT. My doctors will always ask the questions during the initial consult. "Do you wish to father children or keep fertility in tact while on TRT". If yes...then you get HCG.
    Hey lowt mike.

    When you say, "so we implement HCG and boom, pregnant"

    Are these guys having to stop their testosterone shots and just be on hcg?

    How exactly are you implementing it and at what dosage/protocol?

    I was fertile prior to being on TRT, as I already have one child.


    Right now I'm on testosterone and hcg 250iu 3xweek

    Thanks

  14. #14
    Facecrash is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    601
    I have similar concerns. I have been on trt for 10 weeks on what I'm finding out was the complete wrong protocol. My doc also told me not to worry about banking and that when the time comes we can implement hcg and all will be fine. Same doc that put me on 200mg cyp with no ai then when I crashed put me on 1mg adex per day.

    I'm now on board with lowt.com but my opinion right now is that DEFINITELY BANK YOUR SPERM. If nothing more than piece of mind or a plan b. I'm learning that this is not an exact, predictable science and everyone is different. Having children is something you can't put a price limit on, so bank, take hcg, do all you can for 5 years and have no regrets.

    My question, not to hijack, is can I still bank since I've been on test for 10 weeks and my balls are currently in my stomach???
    Last edited by Facecrash; 05-29-2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Typo

  15. #15
    LowT Mike is offline HRT Specialist, P.A. - LowTestosterone.com
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceMYD View Post
    Hey lowt mike.

    When you say, "so we implement HCG and boom, pregnant"

    Are these guys having to stop their testosterone shots and just be on hcg?



    How exactly are you implementing it and at what dosage/protocol?

    I was fertile prior to being on TRT, as I already have one child.



    Right now I'm on testosterone and hcg 250iu 3xweek

    Thanks

    No need to stop TRT. Guys, I know its scary. But honestly there is 100% success with implementing HCG to kick in spermogenesis (assuming your equipment works) even if someone has been on TRT for a decade with no HCG. Same protocol. Recomended 250-500IU 2-3x per week. This gets complete leydig cell saturation. There is not one case or reports in the 18 years medically advised TRT has been around that TRT was the cause of permanent sterility. Bank your sperm if your concerned. But, honestly there is nothing to be worried about.
    Last edited by LowT Mike; 05-30-2013 at 08:35 AM.

  16. #16
    TraceMYD's Avatar
    TraceMYD is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by LowT Mike

    No need to stop TRT. Guys, I know its scary. But honestly there is 100% success with implementing HCG to kick in spermogenesis (assuming your equipment works) even if someone has been on TRT for a decade with no HCG. Same protocol. Recomended 250-500IU 2-3x per week. This gets complete leydig cell saturation. There is not one case or reports in the 18 years medically advised TRT has been around that TRT was the cause of permanent sterility. Bank your sperm if your concerned. But, honestly there is nothing to be worried about.
    So, you are saying that I should be fertile because I'm taking HCG ?

    Yet I still can't get my fiancée pregnant.

    So there must be something wrong with my equipment even though I had a child before getting in TRT?


    In your experience is there even a fix besides banking sperm?

  17. #17
    LowT Mike is offline HRT Specialist, P.A. - LowTestosterone.com
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,305
    Yes if your equipment is 100% and your using HCG whiule on TRT you should have a high sperm count. I recommend going to a fertility specialist. Not my field. See what exactly is going on.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •