Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ironbeck

Thread: Whats a good soap and shampoo that won't hurt Test levels?

Moparman is offline Associate Member

Whats a good soap and shampoo that won't hurt Test levels?

So I read that the chemicals that are in many commercial soaps and shampoos can lower testosterone and raise estrogens.

I use ivory soap I can't find anywhere that says this is a male friendly soap.

Does anyone know of a commercially available soap or shampoo that I can readily get at any common store that won't hurt my levels?

head and shoulders

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    ditch anything with lavender too

Bliggity is offline New Member
    I use Dr Bronner's liquid soap for shaving, body soap and shampoo purposes. It's so pure you could drink the stuff!

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    personally i don;t think any shampoo or soap would lower testosterone lvs of any significance and you should use what ever you like best! We must be talking in the tenths of 1% or less, common man. i use Dove soap myself, I like it.
    crashfirepm53 likes this.

I don't know that it's insignificant. The stuff I've read says it can be quite significant. Men's health has a book out that says watch out for certain things that can lower testosterone . So if I can avoid those things I will

if you're on trt what does it matter? your test should be at a good number imo

From my understanding, certain chemicals and BPA can raise your estrogen levels. So I'm thinking theres a conversion going on that would hurt even when ur on trt.

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparman View Post
    From my understanding, certain chemicals and BPA can raise your estrogen levels. So I'm thinking theres a conversion going on that would hurt even when ur on trt.

Stop worrying about this stuff that does not matter, lets say it's 1% diff on a 700 lvl. that's *7*. What's your E2 at and did you do a before and after BPA test to see if it does anything different? What about when you go out to eat and you get a plastic cup you going to walk out? Or what the food is stored in you going to check out the whole place You see what I am getting at, you would be better off spending your time working your E2 / test / levels then going on the BPA hunt.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    shampoo and soap should not be a worry when it comes to lower test levels

Thread Information