Roid_Rookie is offline New Member

49 year old blast/cruise question

Hi all,

I am 49 years old and have just started experimenting with testosterone injections. I have been working with weights on and off since I was about 15 years old, mostly on, pretty consistently. I have been extremely consistent with my workouts for the last three years now and since I have good genetics, I have been blessed with some good muscle mass. Thank God for muscle memory. I am 5'8" and 180lbs, with about 16 percent BF. For about a year now I have been taking Test E in moderate doses. When I cruise, I do about 100mg to 150mg/week and my blast is only 300mg (2 pins/wk of 150mg). My I am very happy with what this Test addition has done for me at my age, but I am wondering if I should also be taking anything else, such as an estrogen blocker, HCG , etc. I don't want to put on much more size, but would like to see if there is anything that I can add to perhaps cut a little more without sacrificing size, increase libido more also, my testicles have shrunk a little, so curious if anything can help get their size loss back. PLease let me know your thoughts. Thanks for your suggestions and expertise in advance.

Steve

Spartans09 is offline Member
    Have you been pulling full blood work ups periodically? If so, post it up with ranges. if not, you really need a current panel of bloodwork to receive much advice. I can't stress this enough. Your estrogen could be out of whack which would require and AI. Hcg would be recommended also. Other common issues are high rbc, hematocrit, blood pressure, liver function, kidney function and on and on. Long-term testosterone use requires periodic tests, so we are just guessing without it.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roid_Rookie View Post
    Hi all,

I am 49 years old and have just started experimenting with testosterone injections. I have been working with weights on and off since I was about 15 years old, mostly on, pretty consistently. I have been extremely consistent with my workouts for the last three years now and since I have good genetics, I have been blessed with some good muscle mass. Thank God for muscle memory. I am 5'8" and 180lbs, with about 16 percent BF. For about a year now I have been taking Test E in moderate doses. When I cruise, I do about 100mg to 150mg/week and my blast is only 300mg (2 pins/wk of 150mg). My I am very happy with what this Test addition has done for me at my age, but I am wondering if I should also be taking anything else, such as an estrogen blocker, HCG , etc. I don't want to put on much more size, but would like to see if there is anything that I can add to perhaps cut a little more without sacrificing size, increase libido more also, my testicles have shrunk a little, so curious if anything can help get their size loss back. PLease let me know your thoughts. Thanks for your suggestions and expertise in advance.

Steve
    Much of the AI's out there are either underdosed or bogus. A friend of mine purchased an AI (exemastane?) from a trusted and popular supplier and had bloods done before and after. no change to his E levels. so he either got bogus or significantly underdosed.

My point is this. You really should have your blood panels taken and your e checked while on cycle to see if you E levels are high. You may not need an AI, and then you can save some money. AI's are fairly expensive.

Testicle size is purely cosmetic, unless you plan on having more children? If you do, then yes, you need to protect your testicles, and HCG is what the doctor ordered.

It sounds like you are self medicating your trt. You may wish to consider coming off test for awhile and then having blood panels checked for low T. Undoubtedly you will come in low, and then you can have your doctor Rx your test, and reduced cost of blood panels too.

Thread Information