Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryanmcd
  • 1 Post By adam1973

Thread: I just did my first HCG shot. What now?

adam1973 is offline Junior Member

I just did my first HCG shot. What now?

So I got my HCG delivered from FedEx. The bottle is labeled HCG 2000U/ML and the dose is .25ml 3 times a week. so I guess Im taking 500U or 1500U per week? Is this correct? Also, will I notice anything? Is this a low dose?

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    That is a bit high and can cause an increase in estrogen. The majority of us take 100iu daily or 250iu Mon/Wed/Fri for a total of 700-750iu weekly.

Ive got some airmidex on hand but do you really think the HCG will raise my test that high?
    This is my lab results:

Collected: 03/27/2013 / 08:33AM PDT

VITAMIN D, 25-OH, TOTAL ----- 21 L ----------------Reference range ---------------> 30-100 ng/mL

T3 Free ----- 3.3 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 2.3-4.2pg/mL
    Free T4 ----- 1.1 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 1.4-3.8
    TSH ------ 2.93 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 0.4-4.50 mIU/L

DHEA SULFATE ------ 267 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 110-370 mcg/dL EN

HEMATOCRIT ------ 50.8 H ----------------Reference range ---------------> 38.5-50.0 %
    IGF I, LC/MS ------ 110 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 53-331 ng/mL

DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE, LC/MS/MS ------ 36 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 16-79 ng/dL
    PROLACTIN ------ 3.4 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 2.0-18.0 ng/mL
    PSA, TOTAL ------ 0.5 ----------------Reference range ---------------> < OR = 4.0 ng/mL

LH ------ 1.4 L ----------------Reference range ---------------> 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL

TESTOSTERONE , TOTAL,LC/MS/MS ------ 471 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 250-1100 ng/dL

TESTOSTERONE , FREE ------ 76.8 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 46.0-224.0 pg/mL
    TESTOSTERONE,BIOAVAILABLE ------ 167.9 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 110.0-575.0 ng/dL
    SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN ------ 25 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 10-50 nmol/L
    ALBUMIN,SERUM ------ 4.8 ----------------Reference range ---------------> 3.6-5.1 g/dL

I do not see estradiol blood labs above (may be over looking it), but even then, it's hard to say since some convert more than others. 1500iu weekly is not necessary regardless, so you may as well use less and not take armidex if you can get away with out it. Not to mention, the vial will last you longer, making the cost cheaper ;-)

drake4243 is offline Member
    Too much you want to take that back some i poke 250iu twice a week the day before my test poke, you could do 250iu 3 times a week mon, wed, fri, but you would only need that if you were running some serious gear, in my opinion 2 a week is all most will ever need.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    I know we're all different. On a dose half of what yours is, my total T increased by 2-300 and my e2 went a bit higher, as well. I would suggest getting bw in two to four weeks. No one will be able to accurately tell you how much your levels will increase. If doc won't do it, get it done yourself. It's pretty inexpensive. Oh, and good luck.

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    I do 100 a day and feel great.
    steroid.com 1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    I do not see estradiol blood labs above (may be over looking it), but even then, it's hard to say since some convert more than others. 1500iu weekly is not necessary regardless, so you may as well use less and not take armidex if you can get away with out it. Not to mention, the vial will last you longer, making the cost cheaper ;-)
    My estradiol came in at 27. I forget the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    I know we're all different. On a dose half of what yours is, my total T increased by 2-300 and my e2 went a bit higher, as well. I would suggest getting bw in two to four weeks. No one will be able to accurately tell you how much your levels will increase. If doc won't do it, get it done yourself. It's pretty inexpensive. Oh, and good luck.

I'm gonna wait and see how I feel then adjust the dose after calling the doctor.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    In the words of the great vets on this board: less is more! Too much hcg is not good

Quote Originally Posted by adam1973 View Post
    My estradiol came in at 27. I forget the range.
    My estradiol was at 25 and 8 weeks later using 800iu per week (400iu 2x a week) my estradiol came back at 52, more than doubled, now putting me outside the range on the high side (range was 7-42)...

1500iu per week is not necessary, and you will get no additional benefits since you are not on HCG monotherapy. Is there a reason you are thinking more is better or just feel it's best since this is was your Dr. prescribed?

I like Dr. John Crisler's approach to HCG injection protocols: lower doses more frequently.

He has stated to me, and in other correspondence, that he see the best subjective results in men who use a daily low dose of HCG ranging from 100 to 200 iu daily.

He states men claim of increased libido, a greater sense of well being and overall increase in energy and vigor and less E2 impact versus two large doses back-to-back a week.

His point is that it closer resembles the diurnal and pulsatile flow of a mans natural state.

That kind of common sense approach just resonates with me.

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    I like Dr. John Crisler's approach to HCG injection protocols: lower doses more frequently.

He has stated to me, and in other correspondence, that he see the best subjective results in men who use a daily low dose of HCG ranging from 100 to 200 iu daily.

He states men claim of increased libido, a greater sense of well being and overall increase in energy and vigor and less E2 impact versus two large doses back-to-back a week.

His point is that it closer resembles the diurnal and pulsatile flow of a mans natural state.

That kind of common sense approach just resonates with me.
    I am doing the shots 3 times a week and I am not taking any exogenous testosterone . I will see how I feel and contact my doc if I think Im having issues. Im not to found of sticking myself daily even if the shot is painless.

Also, I really dont feel any different 24 hours after the first shot.
    powerlifterty16 likes this.

any updates

Knowone feels different24hrs after shoot. U well feel better over time! It's like the hour hand on a watch it moves but u can't see it!

HCG is not working.

I started taking 500IU of HCG 3 times a week about two months ago. At first I thought and believed it was working because my libido was very high. Also, my testicles felt bigger and firm. However according to my latest blood test my testosterone is actually LOW.

Quest did the lab. The blood sample was taken on 5/29/2013 at around 8:30 AM

Total Testosterone is 282 (250-1100 ng/dL)
    Free Testosterone is 45.7 (35.0-155.0pg/mL)

I have an appointment with my primary care physician tomorrow and then an appointment with the ********* Dr. on the following monday.

looks like ti dropped 200 points wtf lol

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16 View Post
    looks like ti dropped 200 points wtf lol
    Im just gonna TELL my PCP that I want to be on Test and hopefully he will agree. Otherwise Im pretty sure the HRT Clinic Doctor will.

^^^sorry to hear tht! The HRT will take care of u with those levels for sure! Good luck in ur journey!

Thread Information