Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By thisAngelBites
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By phaedo

Thread: Roundup fertiliser decreases testosterone production of in vitro cells

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member

Roundup fertiliser decreases testosterone production of in vitro cells

Ok, I don't have the full text of this article (would be great if someone who did posted the full paper), and this study was done on cells in vitro (not in the body), but it is very concerning nonetheless, and some science you should definitely follow (IMO) if you have low T and don't eat organic meat/veg/fruit.

A glyphosate-based herbicide induces necrosis and apoptosis in mature rat testicular cells in vitro, and testosterone decrease at lower levels
    ZenFitness likes this.

ZenFitness is offline Associate Member
    Very interesting!

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wouldnt doubt it. I've read that sexual defects are appearing in new born males at an alarming rate now...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

How Long Does Roundup Stay in Soil?

How Long Does Roundup Stay in Soil? | eHow

How Roundup Kills Weeds
    The ingredients in Roundup are water soluble and include glyphosate, water and a wetting agent. Glyphosate sprayed on the leaves of the weed allows the plant to absorb the chemical. Once taken in via the leaves, the glyphosate moves into the sap, which acts as the blood of the plant, transporting the chemical throughout the weed. Protein production, vital for the weed's growth, stops by the action of the glyphosate. Only when a plant comes into direct contact with the active ingredient in Roundup does damage and death to the weed occur. Non-sprayed plants, humans and animals remain safe.

Roundup in the Soil
    Roundup acts only on the leaves and woody parts of plants, and the instructions do not require it to be poured into the soil. Should the herbicide come into contact with the soil, over time it breaks down into harmless carbon dioxide and nitrogen. The exact time depends upon the amount and strength of the Roundup in the soil. According to Cornell University, it can take anywhere from one to 174 days for half the product to break down in the soil. Roundup sticks to the area of soil it came into contact with and according to estimates by Cornell University, less than two percent of the product is lost due to runoff. In most cases of Roundup being poured into the soil, the glyphosate begins to break down immediately, with highly organic soils absorbing the most of the product.

Roundup Residual Effects
    After several days, the effects of Roundup in soil become harmless to vegetation. Plants inadvertently sprayed with Roundup can be immediately washed thoroughly with water to prevent the glyphosate from being absorbed by the leaves. Since Roundup can be washed away with water, avoid spraying on weeds within two hours of rain. After two hours, the active ingredient will have been absorbed enough by the leaves and the wet residue dried to a rain-proof covering on the weed. Though children and pets should be kept out of an area freshly sprayed with glyphosate, studies at Cornell University show that the product is poorly absorbed in the digestive tract of mammals and does not have a significant potential to accumulate in animal tissues. When dealing with any herbicidal product, users should wear protective gloves and eyewear to protect the skin and eyes from product splashing.

Read more: How Long Does Roundup Stay in Soil? | eHow

^ but the unintended consequence of runoff into water is another issue.

I read within the last six months or so an article titled "The feminization of the modern male".

This is a complex issue, with a broad spectrum of variables, some known, many not known.

(...and by the way, Angel, I did notice you didn't send me off running to the Webster this time!)
    thisAngelBites likes this.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Hi Roman,

as soon as I posted that I realised I didn't use a single word necessitating a dictionary.

And I also thought about the claims about how the Roundup supposedly becomes inert after a short period of time. But then I have not looked at the science, and Monsanto is a horrid company and I don't trust anything they say to be true unless I see the data myself.

i try to eat gmo free whenever possible.
    I feel like no matter how much i improve my diet, there are still so many environmental toxins now adays so might as well do trt.

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    apparently not much debate that sperm and testosterone quality and quantity have dropped off since both samples were taken from G.I.'s during WW11, have only seen studies with male subjects with that time frame but am guessing women have suffered similar insult. I'm with Angel, wouldn't trust Monsanto

ZenFitness is offline Associate Member
    I don't particularly find it coincidental that I have low T, my wife has low T, and my sister-in-law has low T with us all about the same age and discovering it around the same time. Could this be genetic? Of course, but I'm strongly suspect of environmental factors (including things like pesticides, plastics, etc.).

it is "supposed" to degrade in the soil quickly.

.....just not sure how quickly in water, if at all.

then i found this:

Glyphosate is generally less persistent in water than in soil, with 12 to 60 day persistence observed in Canadian pond water, yet because glyphosate binds to soil, persistence of over a year has been observed in the sediments of ponds in Michigan and Oregon.[48] In streams, maximum glyphosate concentrations were measured immediately post-treatment and dissipated rapidly.[48] Glyphosate in ecological exposures studied is "practically nontoxic to slightly toxic" for amphibians and fish.[58]

Glyphosate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Hi Roman,

as soon as I posted that I realised I didn't use a single word necessitating a dictionary.

And I also thought about the claims about how the Roundup supposedly becomes inert after a short period of time. But then I have not looked at the science, and Monsanto is a horrid company and I don't trust anything they say to be true unless I see the data myself.

phaedo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Ok, I don't have the full text of this article (would be great if someone who did posted the full paper), and this study was done on cells in vitro (not in the body), but it is very concerning nonetheless, and some science you should definitely follow (IMO) if you have low T and don't eat organic meat/veg/fruit.

A glyphosate-based herbicide induces necrosis and apoptosis in mature rat testicular cells in vitro, and testosterone decrease at lower levels
    Excellent post; thanks! Given the outcome of this study, I wonder if there's any degree of correlation with Monstano's famed "RoundUp-Ready" seeds. Maybe the fabricated genetic mutation required to inoculate the seeds from RoundUp could pose consubstantial hindrance(s?) found in this study. There's a growing sect of anti-GMO fanatics whom may not be fanatical at all!

This is interesting, to say the least. I think a large contributing cause to low-testosterone are these nascent "environmental factors" that have suddenly become so prevalent. Combined with our shoddy diets, lack of exercise ... illegal immigration and socialized healthcare and run away printing-press and now same-sex marriage ahhh! what has this world come too?!? ... hahahaha, I'm joking on that last part lol. I kid I kid.

~ phaedo
    Last edited by phaedo; 07-04-2013 at 12:56 AM.
    thisAngelBites likes this.

Thread Information