ZenFitness is offline Associate Member

Low T and the military

Saw my doc last week, and she made the statement how surprised I would be if I knew that having low T at 37 was actually not that young at all (meaning quite a few low T patients are younger than I am).

In the context of that conversation, she indicated that a noticeable amount of low T patients are ex-military. Just curious if that is the experience of any folks here.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Saying someone is "Low T" is a subjective matter, as there is no particular number that identifies you as having low T. The "normal" is a range, and it is perceived differently based on the opinions of the doctor. Then there are the doctors at the Low T clinics that will give you testosterone almost every time just to give you a very high optimal blood serum level.

I will admit that my kaiser doctor really had to be pushed hard when I came in at 211, and he was reluctant to agree with me it was time.

And yes, I am a veteran.

roxer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenFitness
    Saw my doc last week, and she made the statement how surprised I would be if I knew that having low T at 37 was actually not that young at all (meaning quite a few low T patients are younger than I am).

In the context of that conversation, she indicated that a noticeable amount of low T patients are ex-military. Just curious if that is the experience of any folks here.
    Funny, that's about the time (36) my colon cancer showed up after being in for 10 years. It was a little after the first gulf war. Came home sweating my a** off. Now I know it was my hormone levels hanging. Doc was clueless as to the causes. I have read where a severe hormone imbalance can awaken cancer. Not sure that's true and this could all be just a coincidence. But none the less, this all transpired around the same time frame. Doc said I had had it for two years before it was finally discovered.

The old saying goes, "a bitching sailor is a happy sailor". Hahahaha

Axxlover is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenFitness View Post

I've been out two years now and about two months ago I was hit with low T. I've been pretty hard on my body, horrible sleeping habits. Some times up to 3 day with no sleep. Diet was bad at times. Eat what you can when you can kind of thing.

Thread Information