i've got a decision to make

so apparently i have 2 endocrinology appts coming up. One endocrinologist, is set for july 8, and the other for august 2nd.

I always research every dr, in order to choose the best one. Here lies the problem.
    The dr for july 8th, went to a top rated medical school, is male, and is young(8 years experience). He also has all positive reviews. These are all positives.

My question is, this doctor is in the same building, and is affiliated with my primary care physician(who was the worst dr ive ever seen, and who wouldnt even order a testosterone test after i showed her my old 277 value at 19)

On paper, the july guy looks better than the female endo who is older and fro ma foreign school in august.

So do you think, that because the july guy is in the same office as my clueless primary care dr, that he is just as clueless and i should stick to the august appt? My rationale is, if this endo knew anything about testosterone, he would have rubbed that knowledge off of the primary in the same building. She was the least informed dr ive ever seen ever..and ive been to atleast 20 drs.
    Last edited by powerlifterty16; 07-02-2013 at 01:36 PM.

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16 View Post
    so apparently i have 2 endocrinology appts coming up. One endocrinologist, is set for july 8, and the other for august 2nd.

I always research every dr, in order to choose the best one. Here lies the problem.
    The dr for july 8th, went to a top rated medical school, is male, and is young(8 years experience). He also has all positive reviews. These are all positives.

My question is, this doctor is in the same building, and is affiliated with my primary care physician(who was the worst dr ive ever seen, and who wouldnt even order a testosterone test after i showed her my old 277 value at 19)

On paper, the july guy looks better than the female endo who is older and fro ma foreign school in august.

So do you think, that because the july guy is in the same office as my clueless primary care dr, that he is just as clueless and i should stick to the august appt? My rationale is, if this endo knew anything about testosterone, he would have rubbed that knowledge off of the primary in the same building. She was the least informed dr ive ever seen ever..and ive been to atleast 20 drs.
    Why not go to both? You have the right to try out different doctors and get the best care.

Quote Originally Posted by xcraider37 View Post
    Why not go to both? You have the right to try out different doctors and get the best care.
    i think my insurance only allows one refferal, and if the endo doesnt work out im going back to my urologist . The male endo looks better on paper, but im just wondering if it matters that he is affiliated with the clueless primary.

also my dad goes with me for emotional support to the appts and he has to take off from work to go to them.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i would never go to a female endo and I would lean towards a younger doctor since he would more in tune with the latest procedures and medical journals concerning trt. Older doctors seem to be more settled in their ways and not all keep up with latest information or protocols.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In my experience, endos are typically the worst doctors on earth when it comes to TRT. Very rarely will you find a good TRT doctor unless he made an effort to really learn about TRT after medial school. Most endos already consider themselves hormone experts because they went to school to learn about hormones, but true and beneficial male TRT just isn't taught in U.S. medical schools.

A little side note - I wouldn't expect two doctors to share similar thoughts or opinions with each other just because they're in the same office building. You don't know if they've ever even talked to each other. I couldn't tell you what anyone does or thinks about anything that works in the offices below me. Other than a hello in the lobby that's about as far as it ever goes.

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    going out on a limb here and predicting the endo will be clueless. if my hunch is wrong, awesome! if i'm right, it is your health and you gotta fight! don't let obstacles like insurance hold you back, you will figure it out, good luck !

jay adams is offline Associate Member
    What's happening Powerlifterty16? My female doctor really tripped out when I asked for an AI. I think it was cause its used for breast cancer and I'm a guy. Be careful with a female. I'd ask her opinion on it. It would suck if you couldn't get her to write a script for something you need if she's biased.

Quote Originally Posted by keep fightin View Post
    going out on a limb here and predicting the endo will be clueless. if my hunch is wrong, awesome! if i'm right, it is your health and you gotta fight! don't let obstacles like insurance hold you back, you will figure it out, good luck !
    the majority of drs are clueless..ive been to a lot of endos in my life. im just going to hopefully get some extensive bloodwork done, before i ty to persuade my urologist to put me on a proper trt protocol...assuming the hcg im on fails to restart me.
    my urologist is kind of clueless also but he atleast is better than most ive seen. he is about 70 percent knowledgable where as other drs are 10 percent.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    i would never go to a female endo and I would lean towards a younger doctor since he would more in tune with the latest procedures and medical journals concerning trt. Older doctors seem to be more settled in their ways and not all keep up with latest information or protocols.
    I had a female endo when I moved up north and she was more knowledgeable and listened better than any previous doctor. She let me micromanage my TRT protocol and was very supportive of my efforts. The only way to know is to go and try them out. Best of luck.

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    I had a female endo when I moved up north and she was more knowledgeable and listened better than any previous doctor. She let me micromanage my TRT protocol and was very supportive of my efforts. The only way to know is to go and try them out. Best of luck.
    Do what I did, get a doc that will write scripts and then do what you need to do, I am in good terms with my doc I can get HGH if I wanted or anything else, it's a trust thing. If they can write scripts and you do your own work you are set. Hell last year I did over 10k in bloodwork all covered by insurance and now I show up and he says to the on site blood guy do whatever Ryan wants

Thread Information