Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FRDave

Thread: Did my first sub-q pin today

  1. #1
    KOArtist's Avatar
    KOArtist is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53

    Did my first sub-q pin today

    Went well...only had 30g slin pins though, so that shit took forEVER. Are there wider gauge slin pins out there? Any chance of some with interchangeable needles so that I could draw with something bigger and then pin with something smaller? Seems like something more like 27 g would be ideal for pinning, and of course the bigger the better for drawing.

    thanks

  2. #2
    OLDANDWEAK's Avatar
    OLDANDWEAK is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    52
    I use a 27 guage 1/2" slin pin. And yes you can find them with interchangeable needles. The 27 works pretty well, takes me just a couple of minutes to draw and shoot.

  3. #3
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by KOArtist View Post
    Went well...only had 30g slin pins though, so that shit took forEVER. Are there wider gauge slin pins out there? Any chance of some with interchangeable needles so that I could draw with something bigger and then pin with something smaller? Seems like something more like 27 g would be ideal for pinning, and of course the bigger the better for drawing.

    thanks
    How much volume did you inject?
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  4. #4
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    Use a wider gauge draw needle in a regular 3cc barrel then shoot it in the back end of your slin pin. Hold the plunger for the slin pin against the inner edge of the barrel but without applying pressure, then turn it upside down and flick it with your finger until the fluid falls down against the plunger and the air is now at top (needle end). Push the air out.

    I always do it that way with anything I'm injecting with a slin pin. Punching that tiny needle through a vial stopper dulls it a lot. Not only that, you don't have to pull your medium through that little hole twice.

  5. #5
    spin_doctor is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    90
    I tried a slin pin today, but put it in the thigh and it still went IM but much better than what I used on Wednesday.

  6. #6
    KOArtist's Avatar
    KOArtist is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite
    How much volume did you inject?
    Only about .4 of a cc ("40" on the slin pin).

  7. #7
    KOArtist's Avatar
    KOArtist is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Thanks for the ideas/info fellas. (Blahblahblah to make enough letters to post.)

  8. #8
    Trific's Avatar
    Trific is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by KOArtist View Post
    Thanks for the ideas/info fellas. (Blahblahblah to make enough letters to post.)
    Think you only need 4 digits to post.

    Think you are too impatient, but I use 29ga so it would be a little faster, you could have a thicker test too.

    You need to be doing something else like reading this forum while you fill your pin then it doesn't seem so long. I've heard stories of some who have their vial upside down and the plunger pulled out some held upside down by something while they take a shower or do something else.

    Some guys even heat their test in boiling water first....lots of choices, just have to figure out your preferences.

  9. #9
    imom is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Posts
    175
    I use 30g needles for everything. It does slow down with the Test P shots especially with the Test P straight out of the fridge but it's not TOO slow, imo. I think you do less tissue damage if you take it slow, so it's not a bad thing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by imom View Post
    I use 30g needles for everything. It does slow down with the Test P shots especially with the Test P straight out of the fridge but it's not TOO slow, imo. I think you do less tissue damage if you take it slow, so it's not a bad thing.
    when u guys say slow, what is slow? hcg takes 30 secs in a 30 g slin syringe. Is slow 120 seconds??? or 10 minutes lol.crrisler claims 30g needles cause inflammation and bruising...but who knows.

  11. #11
    FRDave's Avatar
    FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16

    when u guys say slow, what is slow? hcg takes 30 secs in a 30 g slin syringe. Is slow 120 seconds??? or 10 minutes lol.crrisler claims 30g needles cause inflammation and bruising...but who knows.
    My 26g syringes take a good 20 sec to load an a good 30 sec to pin. I always thought it was funny to read people saying they use larger needles to pull and what not. Is a minute really that long? Lol
    powerlifterty16 likes this.

  12. #12
    keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    286
    29 gauge for test, room temperature, under two minutes, not a big deal in my book, that's 50mg

  13. #13
    Trific's Avatar
    Trific is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by imom View Post
    I use 30g needles for everything. It does slow down with the Test P shots especially with the Test P straight out of the fridge but it's not TOO slow, imo. I think you do less tissue damage if you take it slow, so it's not a bad thing.
    Why is your test P ever in the frig?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    My 26g syringes take a good 20 sec to load an a good 30 sec to pin. I always thought it was funny to read people saying they use larger needles to pull and what not. Is a minute really that long? Lol
    are those insulin syringes and do they hurt a lot more than the 30g insulin syringe. I would only want to attempt trt if i could do it with insulin syringes..wouldnt want to do bigger needles twice per week for life.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •