Thread: New guy here!!

Rstanley4 is offline New Member

New guy here!!

Hello all, just wanted to say hello and make an introduction. I got a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time here in weeks to come trying to learn as much as I can. I was recently put on TRT at the young age of 26.. I'm looking for place of acceptance where I can ask questions and figure all this out.

Little about me:

Weight: 165lb
    Height: 5'-7"

I had some blood test ran recently (ordered by my urologist) and it turns out I have low T.. Total T: 193L to be exact.. doc ordered me to be put on TRT.. I was offered the gel or shots and I opted for the shots. 200mg Test Cyp every other week. I'm still kinda taking it all in atm. I'm only 26 f'n years old (this month) and facing therapy for the rest of my life. Been down in the dumps these past few days thinking about it. I took my first shot Thursday evening in the delt cause the pharm gave me 1" syringes. Hurt like a mofo for a little bit but subsided. Definitely going to get 1-1/2" and go for the glute next time.

I guess I was lucky enough to not have ever really experienced many of the negative sides of low T. Well, mainly referring to the sex drive area. My fiance actually complains because I can bounce back so quickly for round 2 & 3 lol. Maybe that's because of my age? I can really only attest to the occasional depression, loss in motivation, and slow weight loss. I was pretty shocked when I found out my results

Anyways, enough sobbing. The upside to this is now I guess I know why I've had such a hard time dropping weight and my occasional random depressing moods. Any bros out there have any tips on dealing with this? I've been reading a lot about hCG . Will hCG need to be administered for the rest of my life? I want to keep the hangers hanging and I do plan on having kids in the near future..

Thanks for any help guys.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Welcome aboard. The good news is you've come to the right place both for support and knowledge.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    BTW, I use 1" in my glutes ok.

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Welcome

rt12008 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome man.

ZenFitness is offline Associate Member
    Welcome, 37 here but I think I've probably had low T since your age at least. I had no problems with sex back then (as you described), but at 36 I began to notice very slow and softer erections. I'm on TRT now, and I used to feel as you do that holy shit I'm only 36 and I have how long left in my life to do this?

However, I think you'll find the upside effects of TRT over the next year will really make you feel different. I'm glad to be on TRT now... it's either live life progressively feeling more and more like shit or do something about it. It is what it is, ya know?

As a side note, and I know you are not asking for advice here, but I'd try to switch that every two weeks at 200mg to once a week at 100mg at least. I actually do 50mg 2X a week. The 200mg every other week may cause elevated E2 as excess testosterone gets converted to estrogen and you may get a rollercoaster effect of emotion and energy. The 2X a week protocol is kind of the gold standard around here.

You may also want to consider hCG as well as it really rounds out a TRT protocol very well (in my experience). It also will help if you plan to have kids down the road while being on TRT.

Anyways, sorry for the soapbox here, and welcome to the forums!

pappybay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenFitness View Post
    Welcome, 37 here but I think I've probably had low T since your age at least. I had no problems with sex back then (as you described), but at 36 I began to notice very slow and softer erections. I'm on TRT now, and I used to feel as you do that holy shit I'm only 36 and I have how long left in my life to do this?

However, I think you'll find the upside effects of TRT over the next year will really make you feel different. I'm glad to be on TRT now... it's either live life progressively feeling more and more like shit or do something about it. It is what it is, ya know?

As a side note, and I know you are not asking for advice here, but I'd try to switch that every two weeks at 200mg to once a week at 100mg at least. I actually do 50mg 2X a week. The 200mg every other week may cause elevated E2 as excess testosterone gets converted to estrogen and you may get a rollercoaster effect of emotion and energy. The 2X a week protocol is kind of the gold standard around here.

You may also want to consider hCG as well as it really rounds out a TRT protocol very well (in my experience). It also will help if you plan to have kids down the road while being on TRT.

Very good advice and very similar to my regimen except I inject two times per week at 90mg per injection which works great and HCG at two times per week 500 IU's per injection.

Thanks for all welcomes guys, appreciate it. I know there's not a lot of guys my age on TRT but it feels good knowing there's a very knowledgeable group of people on this board. My Dr is a kinda 'here's what ya got, here's your options, thanks for your money' kinda guy. (From what I've gathered at least). So I'll prob have a lot of questions as things come up.

Thanks for the advice Zen!

I agree, I've been reading a lot about most people doing the 2 shots a week to keep things consistent in lieu of the 200mg eow protocol. I definitely don't want to mess around with elevating E2 levels. I do however have some aromasin & letro on hand IF I ever need it. Letro is just in case things get out of control and I need the big guns.

As for hCG, do your docs prescribe this to you? Or did most of you pick it up from another source? I know discussing sources is a big no no on most boards so I won't ask on here (but are pm's allowed?). I had a source whom used to carry it but no longer does or is out at the moment. So my search is on for that. But in regards to the dosing protocol. Do most of you do 250iu 2x a week, every week? Sounds like I might become a human pin cushion.

I get prescribed hCG and get the "generic" version as insurance won't cover it. "Generic" means "compounded" on the script.

Mine is 100% legit from APS Pharmacy in Florida (they ship it to me) thanks to a rec from a member here. It runs about $60 a fill (lasts about 50 days before I toss the rest) vs. $200 a fill if not compounded. Insurance doesn't cover it for me. Suppliers are okay to discuss if they are legit (i.e. like a pharmacy). I want to be 100% under a doctor's supervision, so I don't mess with the overseas or non-legit stuff.

hCG I do MWF at 250iu. I shoot the test IM and alternate quads and glutes now and do hCG SQ in the abdomen. Yes, lots of needle pricks, but I'm used to it... I just try to switch it all around so I won't build up scar tissue on down the line.

I get prescribed hCG and get the "generic" version as insurance won't cover it. "Generic" means "compounded" on the script.

Mine is 100% legit from APS Pharmacy in Florida (they ship it to me) thanks to a rec from a member here. It runs about $60 a fill (lasts about 50 days before I toss the rest) vs. $200 a fill if not compounded. Insurance doesn't cover it for me. Suppliers are okay to discuss if they are legit (i.e. like a pharmacy). I want to be 100% under a doctor's supervision, so I don't mess with the overseas or non-legit stuff.

hCG I do MWF at 250iu. I shoot the test IM and alternate quads and glutes now and do hCG SQ in the abdomen. Yes, lots of needle pricks, but I'm used to it... I just try to switch it all around so I won't build up scar tissue on down the line.
    I will run this by my doc next visit. He knows I intend to have children in the future so I'll see what he says.

Another thread I read earlier are that some people are injecting their test subq? This is unheard of to me (test wise) but seems so much more convenient. I'm very interested in this as I intend to split my dosing into a couple shots every week. Doc wants the 200mg eow protocol, but 50mg 2x a week sounds better side effect wise. Doing this subq would make things much easier in the long run.
    Last edited by Rstanley4; 07-14-2013 at 12:10 AM.

I've thought about rotating in SQ test shots. Many people report good success with it.

pappybay is offline Junior Member
    HCG at 500IU's twice per week with excellent results. Cost about fifty per month. Use 31 guage insulin -type syringes to inject SQ in abdomen, easy as can be. Keep it cold and DO NOT SHAKE.

$50 a month is a good price. Is that covered in part by insurance? If not, mind sharing your pharmacy name?

Thread Information