mikzsan is offline Junior Member

Blood test timing when on DHEA

When taking daily DHEA and taking a blood test that includes DHEA-s, should i do the bloods before or after my daily DHEA dose?

I suspect before , but just couldn't find confirmation.

Thanks!

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikzsan
    When taking daily DHEA and taking a blood test that includes DHEA-s, should i do the bloods before or after my daily DHEA dose?

I suspect before , but just couldn't find confirmation.

Thanks!
    I have always wondered this as well since the half life of DHEA is short, if you take blood labs before (theoretically 24hrs after last DHEA dosage), your results will show low.

I am starting to think getting labs a couple hours after taking DHEA would be ideal, but I'm in for answers.

mikzsan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    I have always wondered this as well since the half life of DHEA is short, if you take blood labs before (theoretically 24hrs after last DHEA dosage), your results will show low.

I am starting to think getting labs a couple hours after taking DHEA would be ideal, but I'm in for answers.

Thanks ...thats exactly why I asked as well..the half life. I think you may be right about getting it done several hours after taking DHEA.

asiandudexxx is offline Junior Member
    I tested my levels a few hours after my morning dosage. DHEA was always ridiculously high. one was like double the top of the reference range.

SoulForge is offline New Member
    I wasn't sure where to ask this but this seems to be the most recent post on dhea. I did some reading on dhea and thought I would try some. 50 mg a day for about 4 days. could be placebo affect but I think it made me feel better and I actually had morning wood for the first time years but I thought my nipples felt different yesterday so I didn't take any. the best way to describe it is almost a burning sensation but so minimal that I thought maybe im so worried about gyno that im just more aware of them than usual. today im certain but its so minor that if im doing anything I cant feel it. should I see how I feel tomorrow or would you recommend overnighting an ai? Ill cry if I wake up tomorrow with tits before you ask the answer is no I have no clue what im doing I found my way here researching trt

SoulForge is offline New Member
    feel fine today

Thread Information