porter321 is offline New Member

my bloodwork and a question

I've been seeing a A3M doctor in Beverly Hills for a couple months and he has put me on a very low dose of Test cyp inj. (1cc every 2 weeks). From what I've read on here that is about 1/4 of what a 'beginner' cycle often is. He is going to test my blood work again in a couple weeks. To see how it has changed since I started with the injections. My question is, should I skip my next injection so that my levels look lower so he is more likely to up my dosage?

The following are my stats and my bloodwork (I've posted all of it for the nerds):

white male, 36 yrs old, 179lbs, 5'10"
    Free Testosterone : 22.02 nmol/L
    Testosterone: 259.83 ng/dL
    IGF-1: 301 (normal is 53-331) (He said my HGH was already high, so he would not prescribe it for me, which surprised me because 6 years ago when I first had it checked it was extremely low and I was able to get it prescribed)
    Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 40.95 nmol/L

LIPIDS
    Total Cholesterol: 192 mg/dL
    LDL-C Direct: 138 mg/dL
    HDL-C: 48 mg/dL
    Triglycerides: 105 mg/dL
    Non-HDL-C: 144 mg/dL

Lipoprotein Particles and Apolipoproteins:
    Apo B: 111 mg/dL
    LDL-P: 1830 nmol/L
    sdLDL-C: 37 mg/dL
    % sdLDL-C: 27 calculated
    Apo A-I: 124 mg/dL
    HDL-P: 27.7 umol/L
    HDL2-C: 15 mg/dL
    Apo B:Apo A-I Ratio: 0.88 calculated
    Lp(a) Mass: 73 mg/dL
    Lp(a)-P: 254 nmol/L

Inflammation/ Oxidation:
    Lp-PLA: 118 ng/mL
    Fibrinogen: 302 mg/dL

Myocardial Stress:
    NT-proBNP: 16 pg/mL
    Galectin-3: 19.9 ng/mL

Lipoprotein Genetics:
    Apolipoprotein E Genotype: 4/4

Platelet Genetics:
    CYP2C19*2*3: *1/*1
    CYP2C19*17: *1/*1

Coagulation Genetics:
    Factor V Leiden: Arg/Arg (optimal non carrier
    Prothrombin Mutation: G/G (optimal non carrier)
    MTHFR677: C/T (~39.8%)
    MTHFR1298: A/A (~58.63%)

Metabolic:
    Free Fatty Acid: 0.54 mmol/L
    Homocysteine: 12 umol/L

Sterol Absorption Markers:
    Campesterol: 2.62 ug/mL
    Campesterol Ration: 132 (10squared mmol/mol Cholesterol)
    Sitosterol: 1.90 ug/mL
    Sitosterol Ration: 92 (10squared mmol/mol Cholesterol)
    Cholestanol: 3.20 ug/mL
    Cholestanol Ratio: 166 (10squared mmol/mol Cholesterol)

Sterol Synthesis Markers:
    Desmosterol: 1.59 ug/mL
    Desmosterol Ratio: 83 (10squared mmol/mol Cholesterol)

Index:
    HS-Omega-3 Index (RBC EPA+DHA): 3.6

Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
    Omega-3 Total: 6.3%
    Alpha-Linolenic (ALA): <0.1%
    Docosapentaenoic (DPA): 2.7%
    Eicosapentaenoic (EPA): 0.3%
    Docosahexaenoic (DHA): 3.3%

Omega-6 Fatty Acids:
    Omega-6 Total: 35.6%
    Arachidonic (AA): 17.6%
    Linoleic (LA): 11.3%

Other Fatty Acids:
    cis-Monounsaturated Total: 16.6%
    Saturated Total: 40.6%
    Trans Total: 0.8%

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Why would you want to up your dosage and not do it legit based on blood work? If you want to cycle there are several legit underground labs so I see no point in wasting your time, effort and money just to get an extra bottle of test for a future cycle :-/

So to answer your question, no, I do not think you should skip your injection to get prescribed a higher dose.

Vettester is offline Banned
    At a glance, your issue is the protocol you're on. Half-life of the medication is 7 to 8 days, and the actual peak value is approx. 3 days post injection. Regardless of the amount of medication, you really need to inject at least 1x per week, or for even greater stability you can go 2x per week. 100mg/wk really isn't a bad protocol, or 50mg x 2/wk will keep your serum level steady. If your diagnosis is secondary your doctor can always implement some HCG to help promote some endogenous production at the same time.

IMO your SHBG is a tad bit high. You will probably discover (as many have) that your D3 level is low. Supplementing a healthy amount of D3 or prescription Drisdol (D2) will also help optimize your SHBG, which in turn will improve your free testosterone . These are things your doctor should be reviewing. I am familiar with A4M certified physicians, but not A3M. Was that a typo by chance?

To conclude, don't skew or manipulate your BW for sake of something different. I've always felt if you need to play games to get somewhere with your doctor, then you probably need a new doctor. Get the right doctor who knows what he/she is doing, then you can be up front and honest with your program, which in turn will allow your physician to help you achieve optimal well being.

Thanks Vettester, yes, I meant A4M. I will take your advice and keep on the protocol he's got me on for now. I'm just nervous that he won't get my levels as high as I want them, but I guess I'll cross that bridge if it comes to that. Hopefully he's just starting me off slowly to see how my body reacts...

Vettester is offline Banned
    If anything just talk to him about the whole half-life thing and see if you can get on a more frequent injection schedule.

Curious if you have any thyroid labs as well?

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Due you self inject or go to him once every two weeks for an injection? If self injecting, like mentioned, inject 50mg every 3.5 days for a total on 100mg per week. This alone will make a world of difference vs the roller coaster effect you are most likely experiencing.

If he does do your injections, advise him of the half life and the roller coaster effect and see if he will let you self inject.

If the above fails, I would get a new Dr. But 100mg per week is a good starting point, some will need slightly more and some like myself need less.

I self inject, but he's having me do 100mg once every TWO weeks, that's why it's too little in my opinion.
    I don't have any Thyroid labs...

Thread Information