Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sirupate
  • 1 Post By rustyjames

Thread: Endrocronologist versus Anti-Aging Doctor

m_donnelly is offline Associate Member

Endrocronologist versus Anti-Aging Doctor

I am wondering how many of you guys are being treated by endocrinologists and how effective your treatment has been. I have an upcoming appointment with an endocrinologist and I don't quite know what to expect. I understand that anti-aging doctor will get my hormones balanced and optimized but my insurance won't cover one. Do endocrinologists tend to push for optimization or do they just want to get folks to "normal"?

Quote Originally Posted by m_donnelly View Post
    I am wondering how many of you guys are being treated by endocrinologists and how effective your treatment has been. I have an upcoming appointment with an endocrinologist and I don't quite know what to expect. I understand that anti-aging doctor will get my hormones balanced and optimized but my insurance won't cover one. Do endocrinologists tend to push for optimization or do they just want to get folks to "normal"?
    most endos dont know what they are doing, dont prescribe hcg , dont check estrogen, and are happy with low normal levels.

there you go mr miller lol

Great.... My shrink prescribed me 60 mgs a week of test cyp to get me through to my appointment and I'm having estrogen issues. I can see getting this treated is going to be a pain in the a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by m_donnelly View Post
    Great.... My shrink prescribed me 60 mgs a week of test cyp to get me through to my appointment and I'm having estrogen issues. I can see getting this treated is going to be a pain in the a$$.
    good shrink you have...maybe ask him to take care of your trt..i think some shrinks prescribe t fordepression

i's only a pain in the ass if you use a 22 gayge in the ass jk

but ya ive been trying to find a good dr the past 5 yrs it's tough man

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16 View Post
    good shrink you have...maybe ask him to take care of your trt..i think some shrinks prescribe t fordepression

i's only a pain in the ass if you use a 22 gayge in the ass jk

but ya ive been trying to find a good dr the past 5 yrs it's tough man
    I'm going to see her tomorrow and ask her if she's will to completely take it over. It's been working pretty well. Hell, of the psychotropic medications she prescribes are completely hit or miss as is. Dialing the hormones in is a whole lot easier than what she does with the rest of her patients. Personally, I'd think a doc would be more comfortable prescribing test, Arimidex and hCG than friggin anti-psychotics.

sirupate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16 View Post
    most endos dont know what they are doing, dont prescribe hcg , dont check estrogen, and are happy with low normal levels.

there you go mr miller lol
    This was my experience too. I went to a urologist next, with better results. An anti-aging doctor would be optimum, but as you say, insurance doesn't usually cover. My endo's practice seemed to be mostly diabetics.
    powerlifterty16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
    This was my experience too. I went to a urologist next, with better results. An anti-aging doctor would be optimum, but as you say, insurance doesn't usually cover. My endo's practice seemed to be mostly diabetics.
    the only urologist i went to, prescribed me hcg although even he wasnt perfect, he just gave it to me for 6 weeks and sent me on my way..didnt even call me to tell me my blood results..luckily i got them emailed to me. im actually seeing an endo in 2 days

rustyjames is offline New Member
    Anti aging/Wellness Dr. are worth it imo, get started with them, the meds are covered by insurance. Just find one that charges for consultation($300-$700) and hands you a script not one that's packaging the drugs as well. It may cost you, but I feel it's worth it if your only other option is an Endo who doesn't know sh#t and won't give you the treatment you know if best for you.
    powerlifterty16 likes this.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    The best I have ever gotten from a endo was someone who was willing to go along with what I suggested (which wasn't radical, but isn't what he would have done, which would have been close to nothing). The only endo I've seen who actually contributed to my health was a prominent anti aging doc who happened to be an endo. If you know what you are doing, you might find a sympathetic endo to help. If you need guidance, AA is far better, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyjames View Post
    Anti aging/Wellness Dr. are worth it imo, get started with them, the meds are covered by insurance. Just find one that charges for consultation($300-$700) and hands you a script not one that's packaging the drugs as well. It may cost you, but I feel it's worth it if your only other option is an Endo who doesn't know sh#t and won't give you the treatment you know if best for you.
    i agree that a good anti aging dr who charges 300 bucks for a consult and gives out scripts is a really good choice, however like you said some clinics make you buy THEIR OWN bloodwork and meds which is bs.

i think urologists are a good choice too, depending who you get. i know a urologist personally who is a douschebag and also who is incompetent...he also has the enrve to tell me not to do trt.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    The best I have ever gotten from a endo was someone who was willing to go along with what I suggested (which wasn't radical, but isn't what he would have done, which would have been close to nothing). The only endo I've seen who actually contributed to my health was a prominent anti aging doc who happened to be an endo. If you know what you are doing, you might find a sympathetic endo to help. If you need guidance, AA is far better, in my experience.
    Agree. My endo had to be prodded to check my E levels. funny thing is, under 50 and the results just say "<50". I'd prefer to know the actual result.

Thread Information