Thread: Test only TRT?

Movingmetal is offline Junior Member

Test only TRT?

I feel good on 100mg per week of Testosterone enanthate without AI or HCG .

What are the risks of running test only TRT?
    If I decide to have children, can i start taking HCG to then attempt to have children?

I dont see my doc for another couple of months as he is a plane ride away.
    I will ask my doc all these things when I see him but for now I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Chev Chelios is offline New Member
    I would recommend taking HCG if you are planning on kids in the future. Doing T only TRT for an extended period will bring your sperm count to zero and then doing HCG injections in an attempt to restart sperm production in the testes usually doesn't work very well.

Even some men on HCG with T cyp/enth simultaneously have issues with sperm count being reduced from pre TRT levels although many, including myself, maintain high enough levels to be able to get someone pregnant.

Good luck with your TRT whichever way you decide to go!

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Movingmetal View Post

If I decide to have children, can i start taking HCG to then attempt to have children?

I will ask my doc all these things when I see him but for now I was wondering if anyone had any advice?
    First question I'd ask is why do you not want to take hCG? My only regret is that I didn't start hCG sooner.

If you can get away with not taking an AI, IMO, that would be good move. Look at blood work and how you feel overall. There are many symptoms of elevated E2 besides "nipple issues". Just keep an eye on it.

hcg keeps your balls big, that alone is worth it but it also keeps your balls producing other hormones too

EverettCD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chev Chelios View Post
    I would recommend taking HCG if you are planning on kids in the future. Doing T only TRT for an extended period will bring your sperm count to zero and then doing HCG injections in an attempt to restart sperm production in the testes usually doesn't work very well.

Even some men on HCG with T cyp/enth simultaneously have issues with sperm count being reduced from pre TRT levels although many, including myself, maintain high enough levels to be able to get someone pregnant.

Good luck with your TRT whichever way you decide to go!

^^^What he said^^^

Check out this sticky it will answer most of your questions: hCG and Pregnenolone; What you should know.

My Dr had my sperm checked prior to first administering TRT, preTRT sperm count & mobility was good to go. After about 4 months of TRT I began seeing the Urologist that is in charge of my TRT presently, he started me on HCG. Thanks to God & some HCG my wife is now pregnant. He had my sperm checked again after about 3 months or so of HCG, count & mobility was spot on with my preTRT test.

Movingmetal is offline Junior Member
    Ok excellent I will call doc tomorrow and get some HCG

Ok excellent I will call doc tomorrow and get some HCG
    if only it were that easy. let us know how it goes.

Thread Information