Jredwine is offline Junior Member

Bad back acne...any tips

I am a little over a year on TRT. I take .50 mg's every 3.5 days, 125iu's HCG every 3.5 days, and .25 arimidex 1 time per week. (Just cut adex back to 1x per week given the low e2 below, used to be 2x)

My latest b/w was pretty good:
    (Taken the day after injection)
    e2 11 <29 or less>
    Total Test 741 <250-1100>
    Free Test 135.6 <35-155>
    PSA 1.0 <less than 4>

I am getting DHT checked soon too.

It seems to be getting worse and I am using acne wash (salicylic acid) and Benzoyl Peroxide at night. It's the cystic kind too that forms without a head, so topical stuff is pretty useless it seems.

Anyone have any thoughts on what to do? Does this ever go away or is it just something you have to live with while on TRT?

4drol is offline New Member
    adding a Vitamin B complex definitely helped me clear out acne...

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    I have no experience being that I don't have acne issues, but this thread may help: http://forums.steroid.com/supplement...al-1-herb.html

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    I take minocycline 100mgs twice a day. Works great. I also do a certain protocol that used to be a sticky here. Can't seem to find it now though. It includes a 10% acid peel, 2% salicylic acid soap and benzoyl peroxide. Works amazingly well if you do it nightly. If you want the break down pm me and I'll explain. Good luck.

ChiSao is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jredwine View Post
    I am a little over a year on TRT. I take .50 mg's every 3.5 days, 125iu's HCG every 3.5 days, and .25 arimidex 1 time per week. (Just cut adex back to 1x per week given the low e2 below, used to be 2x)

e2 11 <29 or less>
    Free Test 135.6 <35-155>
    PSA 1.0 <less than 4>

It seems to be getting worse and I am using acne wash (salicylic acid) and Benzoyl Peroxide at night. It's the cystic kind too that forms without a head, so topical stuff is pretty useless it seems.

Anyone have any thoughts on what to do? Does this ever go away or is it just something you have to live with while on TRT?
    Add Epsom salts(magnesium sulfate)and rub it really good and some olive oil. Clean the infected areas 3x a day and then re-apply. It will take so time for your body to completely become acquainted with a new substance. 3 months at best. I have the acne on one side of my face weird!

Jake14 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    I have no experience being that I don't have acne issues, but this thread may help: http://forums.steroid.com/supplement...al-1-herb.html
    I am in day 5 of following this 2 week protocol. Today, I thought I saw some improvement. I will post an update after day 14.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jredwine View Post

e2 11 <29 or less>
    Free Test 135.6 <35-155>
    PSA 1.0 <less than 4>

Have you considered lowering you dose of T? I'm definitely beyond the age of acne but when I cut down my dose, the break out in my groin and pubic area started to subside. The same thing happened to my wife. She cut back on the dose and things got better. I've read that this sometimes happens with patients if the dose is too high. When the dose is reduced, there is an improvement. Give it a try.

Good info! I bought some b5 and zinc picolnate today. I will report back.

I did decide to cut my dose back to 80mgs a week.

Thanks guys!

Well as hard as it is to believe, I really think Austinites protocol works. I take 100mgs of zinc and only 3grams of b5 and in 3 days it has done wonders. I also cut my doso of T back by 20 mgs a week but I started that only last week. Its crazy...all the redness has gone away and they are all starting to dry up. No new zits! <--and before they were appearing almost daily. Bottom line...Austinites protocol = good advice

RipOwens is offline Member
    I plan to give Austin's protocol a try soon as well and will report back, I get it on my shoulders a bit no idea why.

Thread Information