booku is offline Associate Member

Small nodule/lump in abdominal area almost 8 months after trying the sub-Q injection

So when i started my treatment in Jan 2013, i began with sub-Q injections in the abdominal area.

After several weeks, I did not like this method and went to IM in the delts, thighs, and glutes.

I was feeling my gut for some reason and felt a small little lump/gritty nodule right where I did the abdominal injects. It is about 2 inches to the left of my belly button and a half inch down. Any concerns here or how to get rid of it? Honestly, I dont think I will ever inject an oil sub-Q ever again. Thoughts on this ?

highpsi is offline Junior Member
    It's only been around 5 weeks after my subq trial and I still have areas that feel like there are lumps. Hopefully they clear up. Wonder if working to break those up via massage and applied heat would be good or just cause trouble.

how much do you guys inject..those are scary things.

highpsi is offline Junior Member
    I was using the bass split method. It's probably the larger . 25 cc shots, once I split that I didn't notice anything and later used upper thigh sites.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    The lumps are normal but mine go away after 3-4 days. Not sure why it would be there that long. That's a very long amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post
    The lumps are normal but mine go away after 3-4 days. Not sure why it would be there that long. That's a very long amount of time.
    Yea, really weird, and i have only found one.

When I did sub q it was always 0.25 mL

Well, i guess more reason to get super lean so I can see it/possibly get it removed lol

MArz123 is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like you are not injecting into area with enough fat...or you are injecting at to much of an angle and not getting into the fatty tissue...

Quote Originally Posted by MArz123 View Post
    Sounds like you are not injecting into area with enough fat...or you are injecting at to much of an angle and not getting into the fatty tissue...
    Well considering the skin layer is 2 mm and i was using a 9.5 mm needle, how could that be?

Thread Information