jomamma007 is offline Member

Anybody suffered/recovered from adrenal fatigue?

wondering if anybody has had any experiences with adrenal fatigue, and if you have recovered what helped you the most in recovery?

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    I've struggled with it (low cortisol in the am, rising slowly during the day and then being at the top of the reference range at midnight), and my doc currently has me on 2mg of methylprednisolone as a result.

I'd say that cutting out all caffeine and alcohol, plus eating cleanly with low sugar (carbs from vegetables and fruit and not grain) have had the biggest impact on how I feel.

Vitamin A is also very important to adrenal function - my doc tested my levels and then had me on 100,000 ius a day, although you can get toxic from too much Vit A, so definitely get tested first, or find a good endo who treats adrenals and can supervise (although, sadly, those docs are as rare as hen's teeth).

jomamma007 is offline Member
    I thought grains were okay and you're just supposed to avoid all sugars till adrenals heal, including fruits...

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Lots of stuff with grain converts to sugar pretty darn quick in the body (some convert in the mouth and are rapidly absorbed through the palate to the bloodstream). The doc I see is a top european endo, and his recommendation for grains is sprouted grain only, and sparingly (I presume this is because when you sprout you increase the nutrient content such that it becomes worth it, from a cost/benefit analysis). It's the same with fruit, low sugar fruit like berries are preferred. If I am having sugar cravings I'd rather have a mandarin than a piece of cake, so I am not 100% off fruit (and anyway, again, it's cost vs benefit with regards to nutrients), but when I am eating cleaner my cravings for sugar and fruit fall off quite a bit.

Thread Information