Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LT75

Thread: So i went to pick up my perscription and...

roxer is offline Associate Member

So i went to pick up my perscription and...

He pharmacist says there is no test e in the system or in stock. We have been out of stock since the beginning of October and our vendor says it is on backorder indefinitely. No shit. You have got to be kidding? Says no test c either. I have one vial left and then I'm out. After looking on the web, I see there is a nationwide shortage. OMG no. Just got my labs back and I am right where I want to be. Go figure. Anyone else having this issue?

this is one reason i am scared to even think about trt! you might have to use gel to hold you over =(

LFH40 is offline Associate Member
    Even Empower pharmacy?

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Just picked up a Watson 10ml 200mg/ml test cyp today at my local cvs no problem.

LT75 is offline Associate Member
    ^just got the same at Osco last week no issue

My pharmacy is Walgreens. They tried all of the local pharmacies (CVS, Riteaid) and said no one had any available. Google "testosterone shortage". Seems Watson and West-Ward 5ml is hit hardest, but a notice from the FDA states they shutdown the US manufacturer of Test and confiscated all medicines. So not sure what brands are available and in what sizes (5ml, 10ml, etc).
    Last edited by roxer; 10-30-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Sorry, ignore the FDA remark. Was old info. Here is the current stuff: http://www.ashp.org/DrugShortages/Cu...n.aspx?id=1045 and http://www.ashp.org/DrugShortages/Cu...in.aspx?id=638

says nothing about pfizer or generic cyp.
    Paddock says there is increased demand..that's good. More docs are prescribing trt.

roxer, i thought you were with lowt.com? don't they have specific pharmacies you are supposed to use?

TestingMe is offline Associate Member
    My doctor had been prescribing the little 200mg 1ml bottles and today I hit the jackpot as my friendly pharmacist called and told the doctor he was writing the script wrong...No idea how they did it but I got (finally) a 10ml bottle of Depo at CVS in stock.

What do you guys pay for 10ml? Mine came out to $137 but found a coupon for $41 but just checked and it's not for brand name...

I am hoping I can get a vial a month for a while and start squirreling away 1-2 years supply just in case there ever is a shortage.
    Last edited by TestingMe; 10-31-2013 at 01:15 AM.

LT75 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TestingMe View Post
    My doctor had been prescribing the little 200mg 1ml bottles and today I hit the jackpot as my friendly pharmacist called and told the doctor he was writing the script wrong...No idea how they did it but I got (finally) a 10ml bottle of Depo at CVS in stock.

What do you guys pay for 10ml? Mine came out to $137 but found a coupon for $41 but just checked and it's not for brand name...

I am hoping I can get a vial a month for a while and start squirreling away 1-2 years supply just in case there ever is a shortage.
    Costco is $65 without insurance. Any pharmacy will match. I pay $10 with insurance for Watson 10ml vial at 200mg/ml
    TestingMe likes this.

jomamma007 is offline Member
    My doctor rx 200ml 10ml but my insurance only covers me on a monthly basis, it's inconvenient.
    Especially when a little oil is wasted every time, and I only get 2 1ml vials. Cost me $10 dollars a month though. A lot of times I find pharmacy's don't have the 1ml vials, at least in the south bay area. Worries me, but I haven't had an issues yet -___-.

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    Not sure why this comes up every few months but I asked the Costco person when I picked it up and they have been in my store starting in 1997 and they said they NEVER had a issue with this being out, maybe you guys live in the woods or go to a small pharmacy but every place I call always has it and Costco has never been out of stock on it.

Seems like some fake demand to drive up price or some crap.

jay adams is offline Associate Member
    I had this prob at Rite Aid about four months ago and I live in a large city. It was for the little vials though. My doc switched it for the 10ml and no more problems. As far as I know it's only for those 1ml vials.

wizarddeath is offline Junior Member
    My local walmart, actually said they no know local pharmacies getting the 1ML vial anymore. They only get the 10 ML vials now, and it causes insurance problems. I had to manually mail my claim in to get it covered.(I hope...)

Yeah, my doc changed out my prescription to 10ml vials, so I hope that fixes the issue. I still have another 5ml I can get, so I will wait. That will give me two 5ml to stow away or I can get the 10ml and stow it. Personally I think the mega pharma guys would love to shut down injections and force folks on to the gel/rollon stuff. I know they don't make much on the test vials.

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wizarddeath View Post
    My local walmart, actually said they no know local pharmacies getting the 1ML vial anymore. They only get the 10 ML vials now, and it causes insurance problems. I had to manually mail my claim in to get it covered.(I hope...)
    Get the goodrx coupon and pay for it out of pocket, F the insurance companies.

TestingMe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LT75 View Post
    Costco is $65 without insurance. Any pharmacy will match. I pay $10 with insurance for Watson 10ml vial at 200mg/ml
    wow...that's great to know..I was so glad to get 10ml at one time and I was just about out...

wizarddeath is offline Junior Member
    I am hestiant about the goodrx coupon...

So apparently test cyp is a generic while, depo-test is the brand? Would it be better do get the brand?

Quote Originally Posted by wizarddeath View Post
    I am hestiant about the goodrx coupon...

So apparently test cyp is a generic while, depo-test is the brand? Would it be better do get the brand?
    depo test isnt the brand. you can use goodrx coupons on brand. i buy novarel hcg with it.

gatornate97 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16
    depo test isnt the brand. you can use goodrx coupons on brand. i buy novarel hcg with it.
    Weird because it says depo test on mine as well. It's a Woodward brand!? From a European pharmacy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So i went to pick up my perscription and...-image-1515568809.jpg   So i went to pick up my perscription and...-image-930623273.jpg  

Thread Information