Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wizwell

Thread: First injection

gatornate97 is offline Junior Member

First injection

Just did my first injection with a 25g 1" syringe.
    I had the pin down damn near all the way to the base. It felt much better than the 20 and 22g I had been using. It took forever to get the oil base through the pin.

Guessing am asking if I did this correct, and is a 1" too short? Should it be 1 1/2"? And if there is any trucks to the 25g to make sure you are getting it all. Feels like I am wasting T due to the injection taking so long and it seems there is some still in even the stopper is all the way down. Also, I wasted some T today, and I'm pissed cause I use a 18g to draw and I injected some air and the damn hole it put in the stopper was huge and test was dripping/sliding out down the needle. Pissed!!! Any advice on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks

In other words, it just felt like a bad pin that was wasteful and wrong technique. Any advice is appreciated.

Any insight? What I may have some wrong with a much smaller gauge?

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Smaller gauge won't matter. Where are you injecting at? I could get into my quad with a 1/2 inch needle so it really depends.

In another thread, didn't you say you are only injecting 60mg 2x a week? Is there a reason you aren't going with sub Q? I do 50mg 2x a week sub q but I have been trying out new areas to see which fits the best with me. Have you checked out the how to inject videos which has a banner in the top right of the page. This will show you both sub q and IM methods.

You also don't need an 18 gauge to draw, that is very large. I use only a 22 and it works fine. A little on the slow side but it gets there and isn't destroying the stopper on my bottle.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    1" is fine. I personally use 1.5" but the gauge is good. Don't sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett N
    Smaller gauge won't matter. Where are you injecting at? I could get into my quad with a 1/2 inch needle so it really depends. In another thread, didn't you say you are only injecting 60mg 2x a week? Is there a reason you aren't going with sub Q? I do 50mg 2x a week sub q but I have been trying out new areas to see which fits the best with me. Have you checked out the how to inject videos which has a banner in the top right of the page. This will show you both sub q and IM methods. You also don't need an 18 gauge to draw, that is very large. I use only a 22 and it works fine. A little on the slow side but it gets there and isn't destroying the stopper on my bottle.
    Yea my protocol is what you have mentioned. I have not thought about subQ. I have looked at the videos as well as ask my sis n law who is a nurse. Got training from both outlets. I am injecting in my outer quad. Just a little bent out of shape seeing the T dribble out of my bottle when drawing with the 18g then it taking so long with the 25g to inject. Then when I pulled it out, it seemed to have T left in the syringe even though the stopper was at the bottom of the pin and I couldn't push it down anymore. Just wanted to get advice from the peeps on here who have had a lot more experience than me and see if I could learn and implement methods y'all have tried.
    Last edited by gatornate97; 11-03-2013 at 10:14 AM.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    OP listen you don't need to draw with an 18G and the down fall to that is making to large a cut in the rubber and this could cause leakage as you destroy the rubber. If you are too impatient to draw wit a 22G I don't know what to think even 20G ??

As for me a 25 G with oil is just stupid. The injection takes so long and the longer with holding the syringe and the needle in your tissue can cause a problem in itself. If you can't handle a larger gauge for oil maybe you shouldn't be injecting. A 25G for water base is fine, but IMOP not oil, even though you might make it work.

AS far a lengths you were told best with the Q's being where you are injecting. a 1" is fine for most or even 1-1/2. At sites like shoulders or thighs 5/8" is better so not so deep to hit anything. ...crazy mike

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    OP listen you don't need to draw with an 18G and the down fall to that is making to large a cut in the rubber and this could cause leakage as you destroy the rubber. If you are too impatient to draw wit a 22G I don't know what to think even 20G ??

As for me a 25 G with oil is just stupid. The injection takes so long and the longer with holding the syringe and the needle in your tissue can cause a problem in itself. If you can't handle a larger gauge for oil maybe you shouldn't be injecting. A 25G for water base is fine, but IMOP not oil, even though you might make it work.

AS far a lengths you were told best with the Q's being where you are injecting. a 1" is fine for most or even 1-1/2. At sites like shoulders or thighs 5/8" is better so not so deep to hit anything. ...crazy mike
    I use a 20 for drawing, then switch to a 23x1.5" for the pin. I pin in the glute. I have used the 1" 20 gauge to pin and although the length is fine, kinda feels like a harpoon going in. The rx gave me the 20 gauge bc that is all they carry. Ordered a bunch of 23 g from the site sponsor. Think I'm going to try sub q next.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    25g is fine and used by many. You can go even smaller if injecting sub-Q. As for length, this will depend on how lean you are at the injection site.

To get all oil out of syringe, you will have to use a syringe listed as 'no dead space' or pull in a bubble or air prior to injecting and flick it to plunger side. This will force all oil out of dead space if the loss is of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike
    OP listen you don't need to draw with an 18G and the down fall to that is making to large a cut in the rubber and this could cause leakage as you destroy the rubber. If you are too impatient to draw wit a 22G I don't know what to think even 20G ?? As for me a 25 G with oil is just stupid. The injection takes so long and the longer with holding the syringe and the needle in your tissue can cause a problem in itself. If you can't handle a larger gauge for oil maybe you shouldn't be injecting. A 25G for water base is fine, but IMOP not oil, even though you might make it work. AS far a lengths you were told best with the Q's being where you are injecting. a 1" is fine for most or even 1-1/2. At sites like shoulders or thighs 5/8" is better so not so deep to hit anything. ...crazy mike
    Thanks for the feedback

I actually have been using 20g to pin. Then read here that you could go smaller so I tried a 22g then today I used a 25g

Always have used an 18g for loading, but I will stop after seeing the damn hole it put in the stopper lol

25g went in real nice lol just takes forever to push through lol may try a 23g next

Quote Originally Posted by FRDave
    25g is fine and used by many. You can go even smaller if injecting sub-Q. As for length, this will depend on how lean you are at the injection site. To get all oil out of syringe, you will have to use a syringe listed as 'no dead space' or pull in a bubble or air prior to injecting and flick it to plunger side. This will force all oil out of dead space if the loss is of concern.
    Thx will try the flicking technique for next pin on Wednesday

EverettCD is offline Member
    I use 25G 1" both for drawing from the vial & injecting quads/delts. It doesn't take a long time (about 30 seconds to draw/inject), have some patience. Purchase zero dead space syringes if you can not get the "air bubble trick" to work for you. As others have stated large bore needles will destroy the vials rubber top in a few draws.

there are people here who use 31g 1/2 inch. Stop overthinking. Worst that will happen is t will go into the fat, and not the muscle..which doesn't matter as long as your levels are stable.

I would just draw and inject with the 25. Using a 18 to draw each shot is going to murder your stopper, plus instead of poking one hole each shot , you are poking two.

btw, i always inject my needle all the way to the base, but i use a 30g 1.2 inch so...

Quote Originally Posted by EverettCD
    I use 25G 1" both for drawing from the vial & injecting quads/delts. It doesn't take a long time (about 30 seconds to draw/inject), have some patience. Purchase zero dead space syringes if you can not get the "air bubble trick" to work for you. As others have stated large bore needles will destroy the vials rubber top in a few draws.
    Thanks for the response. Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16
    there are people here who use 31g 1/2 inch. Stop overthinking. Worst that will happen is t will go into the fat, and not the muscle..which doesn't matter as long as your levels are stable. I would just draw and inject with the 25. Using a 18 to draw each shot is going to murder your stopper, plus instead of poking one hole each shot , you are poking two. btw, i always inject my needle all the way to the base, but i use a 30g 1.2 inch so...
    Good to hear that going to the base is ok

Quote Originally Posted by gatornate97 View Post
    Good to hear that going to the base is ok
    wait i just realized how stupid I sounded. Even if you used an 18g, you would only use 1 hole in the stopper, because you are using the same syringe, and just discarding the needles...wow

either way, just use one needle of 25 to draw, this way your test won't be as likely to crash.

Wizwell is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I was actually trying to figure out your two hole theory. I then saw your follow up post. Funny though.
    powerlifterty16 likes this.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizwell View Post
    I was actually trying to figure out your two hole theory. I then saw your follow up post. Funny though.
    Me too ! I read it and said "What"...."What" ??? ...crazy mike

Thread Information