Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ryanmcd

Thread: bacteriostatic water

roxer is offline Associate Member

bacteriostatic water

How long can you keep bacteriostatic water after initial use? I bought two large vials of it to reconstitute my HCG . Can I continue to keep it (refrigerated of course) until used up?

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Yes you can keep it until it expires.

NEFLRick is offline Associate Member
    The water alone doesn't need to be refrigerated does it? I thought it's just water and alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by NEFLRick View Post
    The water alone doesn't need to be refrigerated does it? I thought it's just water and alcohol?
    no..

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Yes you can keep it until it expires.
    Um noo, BAC water exp date is to be open and used before then, once opened it will not last more than a few weeks( 4 is listed my most mfgs) after this point bacteria has a better chances of starting to grow.

The stuff is cheap, buy new stuff for each roung

Quote Originally Posted by largerthannormal View Post
    Um noo, BAC water exp date is to be open and used before then, once opened it will not last more than a few weeks( 4 is listed my most mfgs) after this point bacteria has a better chances of starting to grow.

Thanks. I was wondering as well because the water I have doesn't have an expiration date on it. As you said, it's so cheap I'll just replace it but was curious.

Well there you go you learn somthing new everyday and yes cheap as fvck sorry for miss leading guy's

No worries buddy!!

also if you guys want for smoother injection get 0.9% Sodium chloride BAC, its a saline solution rather than just water.

Well there you go you learn somthing new everyday and yes cheap as fvck sorry for miss leading guy's

Quote Originally Posted by NEFLRick View Post
    Thanks. I was wondering as well because the water I have doesn't have an expiration date on it. As you said, it's so cheap I'll just replace it but was curious.
    If it doesnt have a date I wouldnt use it.

go with a name brand like hospira , like i said its cheap and readily available.

If it doesnt have a date I wouldnt use it.

go with a name brand like hospira , like i said its cheap and readily available.
    I got it from the pharmacy. I used it for my HCG . I'll be getting a new bottle for the next batch.

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member

How did you come up with this? The company does not list this at all in fact they say this "Chemical Stability

Stable under standard use and storage conditions"

More people posting misinfo, I think it's time to stay off the forums before I start to believe some of the wrong info posted daily.

http://www.hospira.com/Images/MSDS_B...32-90649_1.pdf
    Rusty11 and EverettCD like this.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    You didn't mislead anyone. I've used it for 6 month before tossing it. A certain peptide co. often has a sale on expired bac water. I've used that numerous times. No problems. Yea, it's cheap, but might as well keep using it as long as it's not cloudy.

Maybe it's like expiration dates on bottled water?

So you learned how to use google and got a MSDS sheet and that tells me when to discard after initial use?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanmcd View Post
    How did you come up with this? The company does not list this at all in fact they say this "Chemical Stability
    Actually they do, but not in a MSDS sheet

Here is what they state:
    Bacteriostatic Water for Injection is sterile non-pyrogenic water that contains 0.9% benzyl alcohol (9mg/mL), which is added as a bacteriostatic preservative. This preparation of sterile water and benzyl alcohol (BnOH) allows repeated withdrawals to be made from a single 30mL plastic vial. Hospira, the world’s leading manufacturer and supplier of bacteriostatic and sterile water, recommends that once a vial of bacteriostatic water is open the preservatives will prolong its life for up to 28 days and that after this period of time the vial should to be discarded. Other sterile waters for injection without the bacteriostatic agent (single-dose vials) should be discarded after a single use. Visit our buy Bacteriostatic Water page to purchase online without a prescription.

Stable under standard use and storage conditions"

More people posting misinfo, I think it's time to stay off the forums before I start to believe some of the wrong info posted daily.
    Next time take the time to fully research esp before putting someone on blast with no respect in regards to the way you talk If I am wrong i will admit an apologize and make sure to not put you down as we are all here to learn if we werent wed all know everything and not need place like this for research, yes maybe stay off for a while

http://www.hospira.com/Images/MSDS_B...32-90649_1.pdf
    Last edited by largerthannormal; 11-15-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Thread Information