Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Thyroid blood numbers

So I was just put on TRT. Free/total test was low, leutinizing was normal. Below are my thyroid numbers. They are in range but on the lower side, are they healthy numbers?

Thyroxine (t4) - 6.7. Ug/DL Range 4.5-12.0

Triiodothyronine(t3) - 109 ng/DL range 71-180

TSH - 1.650 uIU/ml. Range 0.450-4.500

Thanks In advance guys, this forum is an amazing place for knowledge (THE CORRECT KNOWLEDGE)!

jasondd1 is offline Member
    What is your waking body temp? Track it every day first thing in am before you get out of bed. But yeah I would consider going on t3 and t4 with numbers like that. But I am no expert and really like t3 and t4. Others will probably dissagree

My doc didn't even mention them to me, he just went over stuff that was out of range. We went over everything and he just skimmed over thyroid tests and said everything came back perfectly normal. Just looking to get a second opinion as he also said my low test was nothing to worry about

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    I would say that your thyroid numbers are lowish normal, but not bad. Your TSH looks pretty good. Most times people have values like this and have absolutely no problems (one exception is people who have hypothyroidism, they often need to have their doses push their values higher in the reference range). I'd be very careful supplementing, as having too much T3 and T4 is a problem too, and can cause cardiac and bone problems.

I'd say if your testosterone is frankly low, I would work on getting your physician to pay attention to that first , unless you have some symptoms that are exclusive to hypothyroidism (and not low T) like discomfort or a feeling of fullness in the throat when swallowing.

No symptoms at all, feel good and energetic just curious if we need to look further into those numbers

Anyone else? The numbers seem well within range but possibly on the low end? Is Thyroid like testosterome where the range may be 250-1100 but 350 is an unhealthy low?

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel View Post
    No symptoms at all, feel good and energetic just curious if we need to look further into those numbers
    The numbers are good. You're feeling good. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Cool thanks man, maybe something to keep an eye on and make sure symptoms don't arise.

jasondd1 is offline Member
    Body Temp?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Mach, your labs appear to be total serum assays on the T4 and T3. In similar fashion to testosterone , we really need Free T4, and Free T3, which is unbound and bio-available. Additionally, Reverse T3 should be added for ratios, as well as TPO antibodies for Hashis. Your total scores don't reflect any signs of Graves, so 'Late' Hashi's (IMO) would be the only autoimmune to possibly be on the alert with. Even for the scores on the total, one would expect a higher pituitary reading on TSH. Again, in similar fashion to the testosterone feedback loop, your situation could be leaning towards the 'secondary' category. Without getting too far ahead of myself, please try to get the other labs and let's see where they fit in comparison to their ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by jasondd1 View Post
    Body Temp?
    Took it 4x this morning. 96.5, 96.9,70, 96.9. Used a cheap oral one from Cvs. Might go buy the more expensive one you just rub over your forehead for 5 seconds. Did underarm also, 97 3x.
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 11-23-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettester View Post
    Mach, your labs appear to be total serum assays on the T4 and T3. In similar fashion to testosterone, we really need Free T4, and Free T3, which is unbound and bio-available. Additionally, Reverse T3 should be added for ratios, as well as TPO antibodies for Hashis. Your total scores don't reflect any signs of Graves, so 'Late' Hashi's (IMO) would be the only autoimmune to possibly be on the alert with. Even for the scores on the total, one would expect a higher pituitary reading on TSH. Again, in similar fashion to the testosterone feedback loop, your situation could be leaning towards the 'secondary' category. Without getting too far ahead of myself, please try to get the other labs and let's see where they fit in comparison to their ranges.
    The only numbers I don't have are my luetiniznf and FSH but my endo said they are within range, test and free test was low out of range so we think low T is due to an undescended tesricle that never dropped and is essentially "dead". I had surgery when I was 2 to drop it but it was just a lump and non functioning. Looking at my bloodwork everything is in range. CBC, comp metabolic is all in range. Only thing that is high out of range is my lymphs and BUN creatinine(due to having lymes). Getting a follow up blood work in a few weeks for lymes and gonna ask for a full thyroid test to be done. Gonna ask for free T3/4, reverse,tpo and antibodies. I'll go from there. As noted above my body temp is consistantly 97, sometimes .1 less or more

Thread Information