PJS19 is offline Associate Member

quest vs labcorp e2

Hi. I noticed that most guys use labcorp for sensitive e2, and the range is 7-42. For quest, it is <29. Can someone explain to me why that is? Is it because of the test itself gives different results, or is it just what each respective company believes is a healthy e2 range. I mean, 35 on labcorp is in range, but is high for quest. 7 is low for labcorp, but very much in range for quest.

Do you think if someone used both at the same time, they'd get two of the same numbers?

Thanks.

(I guess this question could apply for all tests not just e2, and how ranges matter)

jomamma007 is offline Member
    As far as I understand the number you get will be the same on both tests. The optimal range for estradiol sensitive is 10-30, really 20-30.
    I believe this is why Quests puts <29. Although I've heard that Quest gives higher results but I think they've fixed there test finally.

O and the Labcorp Sensitive is 3-70, the 7-42.6 you are referring too is for their standard panel

Generally speaking you want to go by whatever ranges are on the specific lab, but I'm almost positive that the sensitive panel for both would result in the same number.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jomamma007 View Post
    As far as I understand the number you get will be the same on both tests. The optimal range for estradiol sensitive is 10-30, really 20-30.
    I believe this is why Quests puts <29. Although I've heard that Quest gives higher results but I think they've fixed there test finally.

O and the Labcorp Sensitive is 3-70, the 7-42.6 you are referring too is for their standard panel

Generally speaking you want to go by whatever ranges are on the specific lab, but I'm almost positive that the sensitive panel for both would result in the same number.

Actually life extension says 20-30 is ideal range. I would assume ideal range is how you feel. On my tests I noticed the best I felt my sensitive E was at 17

interesting. I wish I could test this and see what each lab comes up as.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
    Actually life extension says 20-30 is ideal range. I would assume ideal range is how you feel. On my tests I noticed the best I felt my sensitive E was at 17
    haha, well some sites put 10-30, but yes that's why I put 20-30 was really the range .
    Everyone feels different at different levels. Under 20 isn't "healthy" long term though, as far as bones and such are concerned. Kind of a gray area there.

As per LEF
    "A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) measured blood estradiol in 501 men with chronic heart failure. Compared to men in the balanced estrogen quintile, men in the highest quintile (serum estradiol levels of 37.40 pg/mL or greater) were significantly (133%) more likely to die. Those in the lowest estradiol quintile (serum estradiol levels under 12.90 pg/mL) had a 317% increased death rate compared to the balanced group. The men in the balanced quintile—with the fewest deaths—had serum estradiol levels between 21.80 and 30.11 pg/mL (Ewa et al 2009). This is the ideal range that Life Extension has long recommended male members strive for."
    Last edited by jomamma007; 11-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.

My a4m doctor uses quest and says he likes his patients between 10-20. I had reads at 6 and 7, and I voiced my concern about that being too low, but he said its not and he only thinks its low if its 3. He said its partly because the test isnt that accurate so 7 could really be 12. I dont know, my non sensitive tests read in the 20s.

Oh also I had a sensitive read of 76 when I initially took clomid and it shot my T up to 1500 but Ive heard e2 isnt accurate on clomid

Quote Originally Posted by PJS19 View Post
    My a4m doctor uses quest and says he likes his patients between 10-20. I had reads at 6 and 7, and I voiced my concern about that being too low, but he said its not and he only thinks its low if its 3. He said its partly because the test isnt that accurate so 7 could really be 12. I dont know, my non sensitive tests read in the 20s.

Oh also I had a sensitive read of 76 when I initially took clomid and it shot my T up to 1500 but Ive heard e2 isnt accurate on clomid
    Where does he like their total test/ free test and other levels?

6 is definitely too low....regardless of the panel. You're levels are low, I don't know anyone who feels good at a 6. Lay off the AI or up your dosage, or add in hcg or dhea to get it up. I'm sure you'll feel better.

Hes likes test 900 ish if on TRT. I am not on TRT. I am currently on clomid again (25mg eod).

Before I started clomid the first time, in July, my TT was 600 and e2 was 6. LH 2. Took clomid, shot my T up through the roof, and e2. After 3 months off clomid, T went down to 500 and e2 at 7. LH back in the gutter.

A couple weeks after the 500 and 7 reads, I got blood from my endo and it was 390 TT and 21 (non sensitive). On clomid again, after seeing the 390. My joints are still very cracky/popping/weak feeling, bones feel fragile, and my depression is still very severe.

I don't know if my body isnt making e2 or something I dont know.

Sorry jommama if I came off as snarky doosh. I just noticed I did that to three threads you posted in hahaha
    Last edited by dreadnok89; 11-24-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Hes likes test 900 ish if on TRT. I am not on TRT. I am currently on clomid again (25mg eod).

Before I started clomid the first time, in July, my TT was 600 and e2 was 6. LH 2. Took clomid, shot my T up through the roof, and e2. After 3 months off clomid, T went down to 500 and e2 at 7. LH back in the gutter.

A couple weeks after the 500 and 7 reads, I got blood from my endo and it was 390 TT and 21 (non sensitive). On clomid again, after seeing the 390. My joints are still very cracky/popping/weak feeling, bones feel fragile, and my depression is still very severe.

I don't know if my body isnt making e2 or something I dont know.
    why did you go on TRT with a 600total T? Because LH is low?
    Well with your low E reading it's no wonder your bones and joints are cracking, plus that depressions comes as a package deal. You're best bet might be the injections as they will raise your E.
    Every tried supplementing with dhea and pregnenolone in an attempt to raise E? If on shots you can also add HCG to get it up.
    Last edited by jomamma007; 11-26-2013 at 10:01 AM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^ def add hcg anyway...for sure...

Im not on TRT, Im on clomid 25mg eod. Ill be getting
    Bloodwork results tomorrow so Ill let you guys know if T and E went up. My joints and bones are still cracking so I doubt it, and depressions still resilient. We will see tomorrow. I might do HCG monotherapy. Im only 23.

Im not on TRT, Im on clomid 25mg eod. Ill be getting
    Bloodwork results tomorrow so Ill let you guys know if T and E went up. My joints and bones are still cracking so I doubt it, and depressions still resilient. We will see tomorrow. I might do HCG monotherapy. Im only 23.
    If you workout regularly your joints are gonna do that.

Thread Information