LFH40 is offline Associate Member

Standard HCG dosage on TRT protocol...

This isn't really a question as much as it is me just wanting to share a moment with you guys that I had today at our fertility doctor's office.

We are trying for our second child and we have troubles due to some issues my wife has with her reproductive system. We did artificial insemination for our first child.
    This time around the artificial insemination (IUI), didn't work. Now we go to IVF.

The doctor had asked me the routine questions and I had to tell him about TRT. He asked what dosages of each script I was taking. When I got to hCG and told him 250iu twice per week, he asked me if I "was sure if it is 250iu and not 2500iu.") I told him that no, I'm positive that I know my dosage and it's a low dose twice a week to keep my normal production going so we can have children.

He told me that he had never heard of taking such a low dose and he wasn't sure which doctor would only prescribe 250iu twice per week. I've heard just about everyone on this forum
    talk about their protocol and mine seems pretty much the same as all of you give or take guys with higher or lower doses of each respective drug, however, I have never heard of ANYONE, not here or on any other forum, that takes 10 times the dosage for fertility.

Has anyone ever heard of anyone taking such an astronomically high dose of hCG for TRT? That doesn't seem right. I would question this doctor after this, however, for his area of expertise, he was able to get us a beautiful healthy son who is 2 years old now.

Ultra7580 is offline New Member
    When I brought up hcg to the endo I was seeing he said the same thing. He said pharmacy don't carry it and it would be to expensive to take 2000 I'us 3 times a week. I said from what I've researched it was 250 I'us twice a week. I just want ahead and found my own source for the hcg instead of an argument.

Thread Information