HTown is offline New Member

Cypionate & Propionate blend

My doc has had me on TRT for about a year and a half now. On this go around, he put me on a Cypionate / Propionate blend. It is 200mg cyp/ 50 mg Prop. (Per ml). His instructions to me are to take .75ml injections twice weekly or .50ml 3x weekly. Either way, this equals 300mg Cypionate/ 75mg Propionate per week = 375mg total per week. My injection schedule will be Mondays and Thursday's (for 2 injections weekly) or Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (for 3 injections a week). I know that Propionate is a short ester with a short half life....That being said, here are my questions:

1. What do you guys think of that blend (Cypionate and Propionate) with that injection schedule? How effective do you all think that will be in terms of keeps test levels stable?
    2. With that dose per week, will I be able to maximize my muscle mass or put on more? Of course, I always train hard and eat plenty of calories as well. I really would like to add more muscle mass with the help of this TRT as he has prescribed it. Thanks for your assistance.

BallSak is offline Associate Member
    What did he have you taking on the last go around?

tectime is offline Member
    I like both of those compounds. 300 mgs cyp wk is a good dose. You will def see an increase in muscle mass if you eat right and train hard. Prop really needs to be injected ed or at least eod but in a blend I don't know. You will benefit from it but not like if it was where you could hit your cyp 2xwkly and your prop eod at alittle higher wkly dose. But you should see good gains on that protocol you posted that your doc has got you on. Long as you hit the gym like you should and you eat enough cals to feed the fire.

Hey man, what is the ratio on your mix ? 90/10 80/20. ? One thing due to the carbon molecule count of prop ester and the carbon molecule count of cyp ester you should receive alittle more total tes per injection then with cyp only. Shorter esters have less carbon molecules allowing for more tes per mg.

As per your post I believe that will be a 75/25 mix. ( on my phone and I have to look back reason for multiple posts). So let us know what you think of it.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    That's a high dosage. Definitely not healthy in the long run, especially since you say it's TRT. Sounds more like a cycle to me :-/ Better keep an eye on your liver and take NAC daily.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSak
    What did he have you taking on the last go around?
    Just Cyp 200mg total per week (2 injections at .50).

Quote Originally Posted by tectime
    I like both of those compounds. 300 mgs cyp wk is a good dose. You will def see an increase in muscle mass if you eat right and train hard. Prop really needs to be injected ed or at least eod but in a blend I don't know. You will benefit from it but not like if it was where you could hit your cyp 2xwkly and your prop eod at alittle higher wkly dose. But you should see good gains on that protocol you posted that your doc has got you on. Long as you hit the gym like you should and you eat enough cals to feed the fire.
    Thanks for the input. Not sure how good it will turn out. I think if I do a .50ml x3 (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) I will maximize my potential on this blend. Hard to day, but I think if I go x2 .75ml (Monday, Thursday) May not keep my levels as stable.....That's my guess anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tectime
    As per your post I believe that will be a 75/25 mix. ( on my phone and I have to look back reason for multiple posts). So let us know what you think of it.
    Good question! I'm not exactly sure of the ratio of the blend.

phaedo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    That's a high dosage. Definitely not healthy in the long run, especially since you say it's TRT. Sounds more like a cycle to me :-/ Better keep an eye on your liver and take NAC daily.
    I agree with FRDave - seems like an awfully high dose for TRT. Do you have recent labs?

FRDave, why do you suggest monitoring liver values? ... I must be missing something :-S

Quote Originally Posted by FRDave
    Yeah, why do you say check my liver levels? Why would that go out of whack?

Quote Originally Posted by FRDave
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's "NAC"?

VTX1800 is offline Associate Member
    Your def. on the HIGH end of the spectrum. Can you post your most recent Blood work? How were you feeling on 200 a week?

Quote Originally Posted by VTX1800
    Your def. on the HIGH end of the spectrum. Can you post your most recent Blood work? How were you feeling on 200 a week?
    I felt good libido wise, but only ok energy wise (not a lot of difference). I didn't really put on much gains either. I've always been a pretty muscular/ stocky dude, so nothing that anyone would notice (or at least no one said anything or noticed, nor did I see a noticeable difference muscularity wise)

Thread Information