tejaswolf is offline New Member

Switching injection frequency?

Dr. has prescribed Test Cyp for self injection of 200 mg every 2 weeks. After reading this forum and finding it is better to do 100 mg every week instead my question is when to make the switch. My last injection of 200 mg was a week ago. Should I wait another week or start the smaller dose now?

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tejaswolf View Post
    Dr. has prescribed Test Cyp for self injection of 200 mg every 2 weeks. After reading this forum and finding it is better to do 100 mg every week instead my question is when to make the switch. My last injection of 200 mg was a week ago. Should I wait another week or start the smaller dose now?
    Half life of Test Cyp is 7 days. At this point, you have 100mg in your system. You can do 50mg twice weekly as your protocol. And you can start with 50mg today - if you want. Of you can wait another week when you'll have 50mg left in your system. Your decision.

sweatymoo is offline Junior Member
    OP, my doc as well has me on 200mg EOW. After listening to the knowledgable folks here I've split my doses in to every 3.5 days (.25 every Tuesday night and Saturday morning) the difference is night and day. I've felt a ton better, good luck!!!

tejaswolf is offline New Member
    Merry Christmas everyone. Think I'll go with twice a week on recommendations from here.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Wise choice, my test protocol is 50mg 2x a week also and has me feeling good.

Ricci82 is offline Junior Member
    I am switching to twice a week as well, i can definitely tell the peaks and valleys. Not a good feeling.

booku is offline Associate Member
    Yes, go twice a week, for me and many other forum members this is a critical component of TRT. And develop a consistent and repeatable injection protocol. ie, L deltoid, R deltoid, L glute, R glute, L thigh, R thigh. And IMO I would go with IM until you have found an optimum treatment regimen. Then, you might experiment with sub-Q and see if that works for you as well. The best approach eventually would be to rotate the 6 IM sites as well as 2 sites for sub Q (L abdomen R abdomen).

Thread Information